Our initial impression was ok....enjoyed our first night. We woke up early the next morning and left the hotel around 7:30 am to pack my sister in law for the big move back to Columbia. After a very long and tiresome day of packing and loading a 24ft moving truck we made it back to our room around 6:30 pm...opened the door and NOTHING! The beds had not been made, the bathroom had not been cleaned, no fresh towels...nothing. I immediately called the front desk and was told "sorry" in a very nonchalant manner. We asked for clean towels and were provided those....we again left for a late dinner and arrived back to the sound of a party in the room across the hall....the party continued until 3:00am in the morning....we called the front desk to complain several times and were told that security would come up....I NEVER SAW SECURITY, not sure if they even had security. I had to leave at 4:30am to begin the journey home with just a few hours sleep. Called and spoke with the GM and was again told "sorry" and that he couldn't do anything for us because I booked the room through my travel club. To add insult to injury when I returned home and checked my account these fine folks charged me for two nights that I had already paid for. So that was my experience guess I should have ponied up and stayed at the Hampton Inn right beside it.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Merrillville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Merrillville Hotel Merrillville
- Holiday Inn Merrillville
- Merrillville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an excellent choice here in Merrillville, Indiana. We pride ourselves on exceedng our guests' expectations with friendly, professional service and sparkling guest rooms. Our guests enjoy a 100% smoke free environment, free parking, and free high-speed wireless internet throughout. We feature an indoor swimming pool, business center and print, fax, and copy services, and fitness center. We also have free passes to the nearby Gold’s Gym if guests are looking for more space and equipment. Our hotel features a large complimentary breakfast buffet. Along with breakfast breads, cereals, fruit, and yogurt, we also have hot options every day - eggs, breakfast meats, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes cooked to order. And of course, we have our famous warm, frosted cinnamon rolls that Holiday Inn Express is known for!Our hotel is conveniently located to the area’s best dining, entertainment, and attractions, as well as to I-65 and US-30, which allows for easy access to BP Refinery, US Steel, Siemens, Marathon, Ford, and many other local companies. We are also a great option before traveling into Chicago, visiting the beautiful Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, gambling at Horseshoe Casino, or taking in a show at the Star Plaza Theatre. We have 300 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate groups of up to 20. Let our staff do the planning, arranging, and preparing here at the hotel. We can provide groups many options from our breakfast, lunch, and snacks menu, as well as any audio-visual items guests may need. Whether you are traveling to Merrillville on business or leisure, our warm, hospitable staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and centralized location make us a great place for you to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Merrillville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.