My wife and I wanted a nice B&B for our anniversary. We booked a room at the Round Barn Inn. I will try to not be overly-critical, but I have a few suggestions:
- Don't try to find it in the dark! As we drove past it for the fourth time, we finally spotted the small sign. No lighting makes it very hard to spot the building.
- Website embellishes. Yes, a romantic weekend complete with what the website claimed was a 'bath for 2.' In reality, it was no larger than a normal tub.
- Antiques all around. We though it would be charming to stay in a place with so many antiques. We did not expect that the beds would also be antique. Hard as a rock.
- Do you like privacy? When we awoke, we remembered seeing randomly placed rugs on the floor of our room. I pulled back the corner on one of the rugs to reveal a grating that led to the dining room below. I could see straight down on the table with people around it, and could hear every word very clearly. Creepy, isn't it?
- Eat at IHOP. Taken aback by what we have already discovered about this place, we head downstairs to our country breakfast. Yep, 1 egg (drenched in butter) 3 slices of fruit, 2 sausage links, and a shot glass of OJ. Yes, we did eat at IHOP afterwards.
- Refund procedure. After the first night, we decided we wanted to leave the 'comfort' of this place, and go to a real hotel. We brought these shortcomings to the owners attention and told him we were not going to stay there another night. He said that was fine, but he was still going to charge us. His exact wording, 'we're not set up that way.'
I try to keep an open mind about any place I go. I would have been satisfied if the owner had at least made an attempt to rectify the situation. Even when confronted with the fact that their website blatantly lies about the accommodations he shrugged his shoulders and told me his wife had put that on there 10 years ago. I suppose as the owner he can't possibly be held responsible for such frivolous things like what his website says.
We found the Round Barn Inn extremely disappointing. The rugs over the holes in the floor and lots of old clothing in the closet also make it somewhat creepy.
If you choose to ignore my advise and go anyways, I hope you have a better stay than we did.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.