“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The College Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marion
The College Inn
You added The College Inn to your Saves list
3902 S. Washington St., Marion, IN 46953   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Marion B&B and Inns
New Braunfels, Texas
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our three nights here were the best stay away from home we've ever had. The inn is cozy, warm, and inviting. Jack goes above and beyond to make the stay as comfortable as possible! The food and snacks were delicious. We could not have had a more relaxing visit!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wonderful place to stay. Well appointed rooms with very comfortable beds. Nice amenities - like a fridge filled with beverages, coffee, table full of baked goods, fluffy robes, flat screen t.v.'s, hair dryers, shampoo and greet innkeeper. Full breakfast in a sunny breakfast room. Room number one has a king sized bed. If you are a late riser, you might want to stay upstairs as the downstairs rooms are off of the lobby and kitchen. It was NOT noisy, but a light sleeper might hear people coming and going in the downstairs rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was amazing and the innkeepers were so sweet! We had a great time and were right across the street from IWU. We were there for my graduation, so it was very convenient!! Some of the best breakfast food ever!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my first experience with a Bed and Breakfast..Didn't know what to expect. Just need a place to stay for the night after driving my daughter 4 1/2 hours to IWU, which is located just across the street. It felt like home. I didn't want to leave. Can't wait to go back.Unlike most chain Hotels.. What you see in the pictures is what you get and a whole lot more. All I can say is this place is awesome. Thank you Jack and Diane for the amazing stay. And thank you Charleston for getting us into the College INN. Oh..one more thing the pillows..so comfortable and the french toast breakfast..oh so delicious!!! I highly recommend the College Inn to anyone visiting Marion Indiana. you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is the best thing in Marion, Indiana. The accommodations were excellent and the housekeeper/owner, Jack, is a great host. Rooms 1 & 2 were unavailable when I booked, so we ended up reserving number 3. We were allowed to pick from the available room when we arrived though. We stuck with number 3, although they were all nice, even number 5, which is the smallest. The beds were comfortable and the whole house was cozy. My only complaint would be that I was a bit warm at night, however I keep my thermostat at 68-69 degrees when home, so most people wouldn't have that issue. The breakfast of course was very tasty. I couldn't even eat lunch because I had so much food at breakfast. The fruit was the best that I had eaten this season and the "sausage bombs" were excellent -- I am looking forward to making those soon myself. The value on this place greatly exceeds that of all the chains and other offerings in the area.

Room Tip: Room 3-5 are on the second floor, so I would assume them to be quieter than 1 & 2 which are on t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My son and I stumbled on this place accidentally when we came up for orientation at IWU. We had a problem with our reservations at another hotel and found ourselves without a place to stay after flying in from Florida. My husband found this place online and called and spoke with Peter (the owner) who said he had a room available and that we should come by and take a look. Boy am I glad we did. I wasn't really sure what to expect with a bed and breakfast but I am sure happy we found this place. It is very clean and very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious and plentiful! Every morning we were served way more than we could eat. The beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed pleasant conversations with the other guests at breakfast. I would highly recommend this place and plan on staying there again in August with our whole family when we bring our son up to IWU.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3. It was upstairs. The bed was very comfortable. My son slept on a very large blo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a perfect spot- we cannot wait to go back!! My brother-in-law was married in Marion, and our entire out-of-town family was able to stay at The College Inn. It was perfect! The rooms were adorable (I took some decorating ideas home), the towels were so plush, we couldn't believe how comfortable the beds were. Jack and Diana went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Everything they did was clearly out of a loving heart. My husband even has some dietary restrictions, and they were so quick to accommodate him with their tasty breakfast. Thanks, Jack and Diana. We certainly plan on visiting again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The College Inn? Share your experiences!