“Like Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverboat Inn and Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Riverboat Inn and Suites
906 E First St, Madison, IN 47250   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Madison
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Like Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Exceptionally clean rooms and wonderful staff. You will not be disappointed! We had to cut our vacation stay short over Memorial Day weekend but we will be back before the summer is over! Very nice homey rooms where the staff is truly personable and cares about your needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Madison, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at Riverboat Inn last summer and now we are again this summer. The staff is very, very friendly and very helpful.

The rooms were neat and clean. I highly recommend this place. Hanover is not far from here and our girls had a wonderful time. The atmosphere is peaceful and they make you feel at home. This is your home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Kathie picked this place up about 6 years ago and I first landed here for the first time 6 months later. (From all accounts it's a good thing I hadn't tried it before!) It's very attractive and comfortable and looks right out on The Ohio River. And Kathie's knowledge of the river and the riverboats (esp The Delta Queen, of course) adds greatly to the experience.

All the rooms are quite new and nicely done. And there's a very nice restaurant and lounge right next door (a short walk along the river).

The only downside is no fault of theirs. Unless you have a GPS, you just have to be determined to head to the bridge and then turn off just before having to cross. <g> And then... there you are!,

I've been here solo several times, once for a most terrific anniversary trip with my wife. Great place in a really great quaint 19th century town.

Room Tip: We always opt for the slightly pricier river view rooms. Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Morristown, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed in the Captains Quarters in June 2012 while our girls basketball team was competing at Hanover College and although it was obvious that it was a low-budget hotel, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. We had no hot water in our suite- which can happen, I realize. The staff gave us keys to another room so that we could use the other room to shower. Before we called the front desk to report that our hot water wasn't working, my husband took a look at the hot water heater since it was in the hall closet. It was illegally wired and you could even see where there had been a small fire at one time due to the hill-jack job. Not exactly safe. Like, I said- I didn't even complain because after all- they gave us keys to another room to use a hot shower.

Our girls team booked rooms there again this year (2013). I figured we'd give it a 2nd chance to see if things had improved. First of all, do NOT email these people if you expect to get any kind of service or information. Although the website DIRECTS you to email them when you click on the "Contact Us" button, it will take 48 hrs to receive a response and even then, you will be hard pressed to get the information you need. After attempting to email the front desk for 3 days, I received an email asking me to give them a call. So I did. STILL the woman at the front desk would not give me simple information without me beating it out of her. These rooms are overpriced for what you get- it's an old building & not very updated. I don't even know where they get the pictures to put on tripadvisor because none of the rooms/lobby areas that I went in looked half as nice as what is pictured.

The property is located in a neat area- built high on a hill & you an see the river & bridge from the hotel. In my opinion, seeing a contaminated river is not worth the price that they're charging for these rooms. Just don't expect much customer service if you stay here. While I'm sure the staff is friendly, they aren't real professional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
riverboatmadison, Owner at Riverboat Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I was out of state taking care of family illness. I will call you and do my best to rectify this for you. Several new staff are no longer at the hotel. My goal is for all to have a good experience. Kathie
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a whim during a roadtrip through the tri-state area. This place is absolutely breathtaking. It's perfect even down to the little details and makes you pause to take it all in. It is everything you could possibly want for some r&r. Brilliant and beautiful!

• Stayed May 2013
Hicksville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Riverboat Inn on several occasions and have never been disappointed. Many of the rooms are small but very adequate. When I am there I can revisit life's simple pleasures...such as sitting on the porch reading a book and watching the river barges. Very relaxing. On some evenings they have music outside the hotel. It now has new ownership and Kathy is the greatest! Believe me...this hotel has come a long way from what it was in the 90's before she purchased the place and began the renovations. The rooms are decorated nicely and are very, very clean.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget ask about the Paddlewheel. It is a little further away from the river and not...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Upon our travels south we always try to stay at the Riverboat Inn. It's on the river and a nice quiet place with entertainment in the evening if you choose to partake in it. Our room is 123 and we have stayed in it several times and have had NO problems what so ever. Kathie and the staff have always been helpful and cordial, making you feel like family. It is clean and decorated nicely. We love the place and would return again and again....
Victor and Debbie
Indpls., IN

Room Tip: Choose a room on the southside second floor for best view of the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
riverboatmadison, Owner at Riverboat Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you Vic and Debbie for staying with us again. It is always good to see you guys. I wish we were all in Pensacola at the same time. Look forward to seeing you again. Kathie

Been to Riverboat Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!