“Dining by the River” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ashland, Ohio
“Dining by the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff was friendly and entertaining - helping us as tourists with a brochure and some suggestions on what to see; we noticed the manager doing a little magic trick for a child. The seafood chowder was out of this world - huge shrimp! Our meal had generous servings and was delicious; our server was attentive, but not bothersome. We would definitely return to this restaurant. We visited in the winter, but in summer, there was outside seating to enjoy the Ohio River.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carrollton, Kentucky
“Very Pleasant Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Took ten family members from out of town and myself for dinner last night. On a very busy night with several large groups in the restaurant, we had outstanding service. Our very competent waitress handled diverse ages, drinks, and and even a shared order with nary a hitch. None of my guests had eaten there before but were very pleased and I am sure will want to go back when they come to see me again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm from out of town and was told that this is the place to go for dinner and I'm so glad I did.
I was met with a very warm and friendly owner who went out of his way giving me a Madison, IN informational pamphlet once he knew I was from out of town. The food was wonderful and I'd like to add that many of the food items I enjoyed were HOMEMADE! The seafood chowder included big chunks of seafood, the salad bar included many homemade items. This is why I prefer the "Mom and Pop" places as opposed to the chain restaurants. Great experience overall and I'm giving it top ratings!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Indiana
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

A little on the pricy side but we were not disappointed with the food. The service was great and while the place was very busy we did not have to wait long for our table or food. The salad bar was good and well attended and our meals were cooked well.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Indiana
“Overpriced but okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The shrimp scampi was pretty good but my husband's shrimp (I can't remember the name) was boring and bland, not to mention expensive. I don't know if we'll ever visit again, but it wasn't awful.