“Over Priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lebanon
New Holstein, Wisconsin, United States
“Over Priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We arrived and needed a room for the night and we all asked if they offered discounts and they said no because of something going on over the weekend. No AARP, no military no nothing and the rooms were expensive too. The rooms very nice and clean and the actually hotel was clean when you walked in. We just thought it was way over priced.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DebiC87, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
First, I would like to thank you for the nice things you stated about our hotel. We thrive to make every guests experience memorable. I also, sincerely apologize that you happened to stay during a special event weekend and that you had to pay more than what you anticipated. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that you'll stay with us again! :)
Comfort Inn Lebanon, Indiana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We booked three rooms at this hotel and all of them were in a filthy condition as check-in. The toilets were unclean with both urine and fecal stains all over them. The carpet had multiple holes and was dust covered in numerous sections. Liquid stains covered many parts of the walls. Ceilings had huge (3'x3') patches that looked like a two year old did the repair work. Choice hotels should be ashamed to have this place available to its guests. I'm done using their brand after this experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We are under new management and have recently done a lot of renovations. We invite you to come back. I assure you, your experience will be memorable!
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Wisconsin--big mistake! Even after reading some of the negative reviews, I thought that they were, perhaps, overstated, because of the positive experiences that we have at other Comfort Suites. Big mistake! The room was not overly clean, the staff was not overly helpful-even when present, and the breakfast was stale and skimpy! Not at all like most Comfort Suites where we have stayed. My advice to travelers in the Lebanon, Indiana area--keep driving!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The 1st room that we were given had feces on the toilet seat, blood on the bed spread,cob webs and major dust. We went to the desk and notified the desk clerk, brought him back to the room to show him our complaints, and he agreed with our complaints and said he would give us another room. The 2nd room also was dirty with cob webs and as I was hanging my coat up, I noticed the top of the coat rack had enough dust on it to write your name in it. The desk clerk was made aware of this and he asked if the room was ok and we said yes, as it was getting late because we didn't arrive there till almost 8:30 at night. At least the bathroom was a little cleaner. But as we found out in the morning that the toilet would not flush even just toilet paper down. When we went to check out in the morning we were ask how everything was and we told the lady about the toilet, as we didn't find out about it till the morning. She said she was sorry we had a hard time (which I am not sure what she mean"t) and that if she had checked us in, she would have shown us the room 1st, which would of been a first time anybody had ever done that. She ended up knocking $29.00 off the room,but it still cost us $80.00. Totally not worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After reading some mixed reviews about this place, I was a bit worried to stay here. However, my experience here turned out amazing. I stayed in in Lebanon because I was taking a tour to Purdue university and I had some friends that lived close to this hotel. I am so glad that I chose to stay at this comfort inn.

The place was very clean and a calm environment. My room was fairly large and was so happy that they had indoor pool as well!

Staff: VERY very sweet people. I was there for a week, and the couple that works there always had smile on their face. They both assisted me with whatever questions/concerns I had. I believe that if you are a nice person, people are going to be nice back to you. But if you are the type to complain about every small thing, you are just never going to be happy about anything in life!

I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family!!

Thank you for such a comforting and calm experience Comfort Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the comments and compliments about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at your next visit with us.
Northwest Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was very disappointed in our recent stay in Lebanon, IN at this Comfort Inn. I killed a bug that resembled a German roach but I killed it so fast with my boot that there was nothing left to examine. The bathroom walls were in desperate need of cleaning and painting. All of this for the bargain price of $111.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I became a member of the Choice Hotels reward program their hotels were among the best around. I'm really considering shredding my card because more and more hotels such as this one are my typical experience.

I arrived very late (around midnight) and didn't have a reservation. After checking in I discovered the hotel didn't have an elevator. Perhaps my first question next time will not be, "Do you have a room" but rather, "Do you have an elevator?"

After a long day a hot shower would have been welcomed; however, such was not to be. I could get more water pressure pouring water out of a glass over my head than the shower provided thanks to poor water pressure. Additionally, the water was lukewarm at best. Another unpleasant surprise was a cigarette burn in the bed covers -- I say "surprise" because this is a 100% non-smoking facility! The next morning's breakfast was pretty sparse as well, nowhere nearly as well-stocked as other Choice properties.

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was the next morning, when I woke to find my bill had been put under my door. That is very typical of Choice Hotels and several other chains I frequent, but the issue I have is that the "do not disturb" sign I had put on my door had ALSO been removed from my door and slid under the door with the bill. That is inexcusable. Taking a "do not disturb" sign off a guest's door is the worst possible way of telling a guest they were not welcomed.

I'm beginning to have serious doubts about the Comfort brand given repeated negative experiences at facilities throughout the country.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Comfort Inn Lebanon, Indiana

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!