“Should Have Listened to the Reviews!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lebanon
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
“Should Have Listened to the Reviews!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Wisconsin--big mistake! Even after reading some of the negative reviews, I thought that they were, perhaps, overstated, because of the positive experiences that we have at other Comfort Suites. Big mistake! The room was not overly clean, the staff was not overly helpful-even when present, and the breakfast was stale and skimpy! Not at all like most Comfort Suites where we have stayed. My advice to travelers in the Lebanon, Indiana area--keep driving!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DebiC87, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are under new management and have recently done a lot of renovations. We invite you to come back. I assure you, your experience will be memorable!
Comfort Inn Lebanon, Indiana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The 1st room that we were given had feces on the toilet seat, blood on the bed spread,cob webs and major dust. We went to the desk and notified the desk clerk, brought him back to the room to show him our complaints, and he agreed with our complaints and said he would give us another room. The 2nd room also was dirty with cob webs and as I was hanging my coat up, I noticed the top of the coat rack had enough dust on it to write your name in it. The desk clerk was made aware of this and he asked if the room was ok and we said yes, as it was getting late because we didn't arrive there till almost 8:30 at night. At least the bathroom was a little cleaner. But as we found out in the morning that the toilet would not flush even just toilet paper down. When we went to check out in the morning we were ask how everything was and we told the lady about the toilet, as we didn't find out about it till the morning. She said she was sorry we had a hard time (which I am not sure what she mean"t) and that if she had checked us in, she would have shown us the room 1st, which would of been a first time anybody had ever done that. She ended up knocking $29.00 off the room,but it still cost us $80.00. Totally not worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After reading some mixed reviews about this place, I was a bit worried to stay here. However, my experience here turned out amazing. I stayed in in Lebanon because I was taking a tour to Purdue university and I had some friends that lived close to this hotel. I am so glad that I chose to stay at this comfort inn.

The place was very clean and a calm environment. My room was fairly large and was so happy that they had indoor pool as well!

Staff: VERY very sweet people. I was there for a week, and the couple that works there always had smile on their face. They both assisted me with whatever questions/concerns I had. I believe that if you are a nice person, people are going to be nice back to you. But if you are the type to complain about every small thing, you are just never going to be happy about anything in life!

I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family!!

Thank you for such a comforting and calm experience Comfort Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the comments and compliments about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at your next visit with us.
Northwest Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was very disappointed in our recent stay in Lebanon, IN at this Comfort Inn. I killed a bug that resembled a German roach but I killed it so fast with my boot that there was nothing left to examine. The bathroom walls were in desperate need of cleaning and painting. All of this for the bargain price of $111.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I became a member of the Choice Hotels reward program their hotels were among the best around. I'm really considering shredding my card because more and more hotels such as this one are my typical experience.

I arrived very late (around midnight) and didn't have a reservation. After checking in I discovered the hotel didn't have an elevator. Perhaps my first question next time will not be, "Do you have a room" but rather, "Do you have an elevator?"

After a long day a hot shower would have been welcomed; however, such was not to be. I could get more water pressure pouring water out of a glass over my head than the shower provided thanks to poor water pressure. Additionally, the water was lukewarm at best. Another unpleasant surprise was a cigarette burn in the bed covers -- I say "surprise" because this is a 100% non-smoking facility! The next morning's breakfast was pretty sparse as well, nowhere nearly as well-stocked as other Choice properties.

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was the next morning, when I woke to find my bill had been put under my door. That is very typical of Choice Hotels and several other chains I frequent, but the issue I have is that the "do not disturb" sign I had put on my door had ALSO been removed from my door and slid under the door with the bill. That is inexcusable. Taking a "do not disturb" sign off a guest's door is the worst possible way of telling a guest they were not welcomed.

I'm beginning to have serious doubts about the Comfort brand given repeated negative experiences at facilities throughout the country.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

First, we only stay here for the Indy 500 or the Brickyard 400, so I can't talk about any other time of the year.

Typical of most hotels, they jack up the prices when there is an event in the area, but they do not provide any additional services to justify the price gouging. You would think that since the visitors that night are heading out early in the morning, and they gouged you as much as $100 extra for the room, that they would have breakfast room open early -- ha!

Front desk: it's a family run motel. Husband and wife were a little hard to get along with at first, but as you become a regular they take better care of you. I always get a pretty good room. Evening/night clerk: he's horrible. Not a family member, and is slow and not very responsive to customer needs. Other clerk, Susan, is a doll. She really is helpful and does what she can to make your stay enjoyable.

Rooms: mine have been clean, and when things don't work they fix it or move you to a new room.

Cleaning staff: iffy. They don't report blown light bulbs, always turn off the air conditioner in the room when they are done so your room is hot when you return that evening, and on my last visit they never reported that the safe key was missing, resulting in having to move next door to have a safe in my room. Beware, they charge you $1 even if you don't use the safe. Complain and they remove it from the bill.

Food: plenty, nourishing, tasty. Typical waffles, eggs, sausage, etc.

Final comment: because of the price increases I tried the EconoLodge across the street last weekend and was pleased that I did.

• Stayed May 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The professionalism of the front desk staff is definitely in question. When we arrived we had to ring a bell to get their attention. Then when they came out they were wearing basketball shorts and socks. That put me off to start.

The first room we were assigned was locked and we couldn't get in with our key card. We were quickly assigned a new room. The new room was pleasantly large, and had a nice microwave and refrigerator. The beds were comfortable, the pillows less so. The bathroom was nice, however the shower could use a facelift.

Carpet looked brand new in the hallways and lobby. The pool looked closed (lights off), but we were not planning on using it anyway. Nice sized from the looks of things.

Breakfast area was nice, and had warm food including eggs, sausage and waffles. All tasted pretty good and got us off to a good start.

I think the hotel could use a little bit of an upgrade, or a drop in cost, I am thinking about $69 is the right price for this place (we paid 79 on a AAA discount).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and compliments about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your last stay with us. We are now under new management and have recently done some renovations and we invite you to come back to stay with us again!
Comfort Inn Lebanon, Indiana

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!