“Treated Like Queens!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Stone Lodge & Grille

Save Saved
You added Old Stone Lodge & Grille to your Saves list
Old Stone Lodge & Grille
6908 South State Rd. 66, I-64, Exit 92, Leavenworth, IN 47137 (Formerly Days Inn Carefree)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Leavenworth
Corydon, Indiana
“Treated Like Queens!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our church held a Ladies Retreat at the "Old Stone Lodge". They were so kind and took such good care as to meet our needs. We had excellent service and great food. Whatever we needed during our stay was met to the best of their ability. We had no complaints that could be taken care of. What I mean by that is, the only complaint was that the beds were quite small and could only sleep (1) per bed instead of two (comfortably). That's it. Very friendly environment and great stay. I would go back again. Not much to do, but on a retreat, it's all planned out so don't have much time to venture. Thanks Stone Lodge for taking such good care of our Ladies, and treating us like Queens

Room Tip: Upper Rooms are close to meeting room and less noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

It's Simply Amazing How People can Voice their complaints but never direct them to the RIGHT people or person...
From my point of View I've stayed around the world and in my places over the last 40 years and I'm shocked what I have discovered. The Old Stone Lodge is just that " A Lodge" the Rooms are very nice and it was well taken care of from the outside all the way to the inside. The town of Leavenworth is a small charming town and if your expectations are set higher than the price you paid for your room then maybe you should try something in another "city" that offers more...
The People at the Lodge were friendly and Our 2 night stay was a delight. The Resturant on site offered us a meal that had southern flair. WE enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Corydon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I bought a gift certificate from a benifit auction thinking this would be the perfect lil get away for my son and his new wife on thier wedding night,.... BOY, was I ever wrong.

I had given the certificate to my son to be daughter in law as she was to call and make the reservation, when she did, they told her that they had no ideal what she was talking about.
I had to call and talk to someone else so I spoke to the manager, she offered to give them an upgrade for all the trouble. I thanked her and thought everything was on the up and up. Later, a day after the wedding, my son came over to visit and I asked him how the room was that they were suppose to recieve....when they checked in, they were told that they would have a regular room as the certificate said, my daughter in law told them that they were to recieve the upgraded room with a tub with the jets, when they got into the room. It was horrible, no new bride wants to get bugs on her wedding dress. They complained to the front desk, they were told how sorry the hotel was for the inconvienence... are you kidding me? They were then placed into another room with a double bed (seriously, what new bride and groom wants a room on their wedding night with two beds, this isn't the 1960's)? To keep this rated g, the sheets got messed up and when they were removed from the bed, it was black? Now, we all know that bed bugs are a big problem right now or have been in the past year.... again, seriously? I can't prove that the black was from bed bugs but that's what comes to my mind when I hear about black stuff being on the seems on the mattress.
I am so disappointed as I thought this place was under new management and all the rooms was revampt?
I can never say enough sorrys to my son and daughter-in-law....
If you want to visit Crawford county and all it's glory then I honeslty suggest to get a room in Corydon, then drive to see the view at the Overlook.
Oh, I must say that when I called to complain to the hotel, the lady that answered the phone was repeating everything I was saying to some one else and I overheard the person in the background say " oh, I'm not talking to her, she can deal with Amy" .... This place is a joke. If you can't handle customers when they have a problem, then you have no business being behind that desk.
I have yet to hear from said Amy... as I just called about 20 minutes ago. I'm very interested in what she has to say.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years back when it was still a Days Inn and still spend the night here whenever I'm passing through. The motel is currently under new ownership and they are doing still renovations, but all of the things I liked about it before are still the same. It may not look like a whole lot on the outside (it is a small two-story motel located across from a truck stop), but it is a good value for those looking for a place to stop for the night and not expecting anything real fancy.

The rooms and furnishings are clean and somewhat outdated, but at least the bed is comfortable and the linens were all clean. They also provide a free coffeemaker with coffee in the room. The only drawback on my recent visit was that the wi-fi wasn't working and the phones were not yet installed by the new owners, but that didn't bother me too much since I was just staying for one night. The TV selection is limited to just a few channels (some local stations from Louisville along with FX, CNN and the Weather Channel) but I don't watch much during overnight stops except for news and weather so that was fine by me. The area around the hotel is mainly used as an overnight stop for OTR truck drivers (who usually sleep in their cabs) but I wasn't bothered by that either as I still got a good night's rest.

There is also a restaurant downstairs (only open during the day) and an upstairs lounge which was still closed on my last visit. However, there is a Pilot travel plaza across the road that has a Subway inside and there is a Country Style restaurant next door to it. There is also the Overlook Restaurant a few miles down the road which is worth checking out for the incredible view of the Ohio River.

This may not seem like an ideal stay for most people, but this will fit the bill for solo traveler's looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night. The best part is being located right off of I-64. Hopefully on my next visit the new owners will have finished the renovations and have the phones and wi-fi working again. But I'd still rather stay here than anyplace else in the area just for the value and location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I had booked a room for some relatives who where visiting. The Days Inn was the closest hotel to me. I tried to book online but they wouldn't accept online reservations at that time. So I called the hotel directly. First I was told there were no rooms available for the 4 nights. But, when I called a couple days later, the clerk said she'd make the reservation. I told them that the relatives were very elderly and requested a room on the first floor. She did not take a credit card number or give me a confirmation number for the reservation.

Since I had not been there before, I stopped in to examine a room. I also wanted to to ensure that the room was reserved since it appeared they were booked for the weekend. It was at that time that I learned that it was booked for only 3 nights instead of 4.

Since it was a good value (AARP), I kept the reservation. When I examined the room I was thrilled to find that it looked and smelled clean.

When the relatives arrived, they gave us a smoking room (although the reservation was for a non-smoking), since apparently the other room hadn't been cleaned yet. However, we were able to get a non-smokling room on the first floor in short order.

All in all, it was a good room for the money, if you can get past the non-standard reservation process.

• Liked — Good value and clean
  • Disliked — irregular room reservations
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

Check in was slow. The front desk clerk also doubled as waitress in the lobby restaurant and she had to finish serving someone's dinner before she could check us in.

We had a reservation for a queen bed. The room we got only had a standard size double bed. The room was small and old fashioned.

The air conditioner was hard to adjust because it was so close to the large TV cabinet.

Last week we stayed at the Days Inn on the east side of Louisville, about an hour away. It was less expensive, newer, much larger room, and very easy check in and out. That Days Inn was a much better value. But if you pass by Leavenworth, eat a meal at the Overlook Restaurant. It's 4 miles off the interstate, but the view over the Ohio River is worth the short side trip. Great view watching barges on the river.

Been to Old Stone Lodge & Grille? Share your experiences!