“Motel from he LL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Inn Motel

Riverside Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lawrenceburg
Riverside Inn Motel
You added Riverside Inn Motel to your Saves list
515 East Eads Parkway, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Bremen, Ohio
“Motel from he LL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The old person, (but younger than me), gave me hard time and would not comply with my request for non smoking room on first floor I even told her i was handicapped, even though the motel was empty. She argued with me, insulted me, and when i told her never min d, i can go elsewhere she told me to do it.We usually stay here in the past.. but we are done after this. We recommend the holiday inn, a little more expensive but with friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, go to Holiday Inn, or Quality Inn. This was the most unfriendliest motel everrrrr!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over a two year period and enjoyed the relatively clean and oderless room at a somewhat reasonable rates ($85/night in 2011 on a weekend). Thus, we are repeat customers. The breakfast is only coffee, donuts, toast, danishes, and juice so not very heathly foodwise but we tend to bring some health food with us. There is a microwave in the hallway, so bring-your-own food is a good idea. Some rooms have a frig and microwave in them for a higher price.

However, on our last visit, one staff member at the front desk was very inconsiderate. She was pushy with my wife, interrupted my 5-year old son's educational teachings, and unplugged the treadmill while I was running on it. Granted we had checked out already so there is some legitimacy to their rather rude actions but we were just waiting to check in again at their designated check-in time -- but this abrupt ending made us decide not to stay another night and perhaps ever again.

My wife and 5-year old son were in the lobby on the Internet making progress on his on-line educational program Lexia. I decided to get a run in on their treadmill (in hindsight I should have just run outside) since it was before their established check in time. The new front desk female attendent began pestering my wife and son about staying in the lobby. My wife explained we had stayed the prior night and we had intentions to check in later. With only 10-15 minutes to go on my run, the attendend entered the exercise room and unexpectedly unplugged the treadmill, said I should have used the treadmill the night before and demanded we leave now -- terminating my run and my sons educational lesson.

We recommend others be aware of this and seriously consider staying elsewhere. Spend a little more for more courteous, patient, and understanding staff that appreciates repeat customers. However, I must say the previous attendent before the shift change was more accomodating but still not very welcoming. I reiterate what a prior reviewer has said "you get what you pay for" in terms of hospitality at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

$65 a night including taxes for a nice older room with king bed. Very clean. Older tv , no microwave or hair dryer, but large very clean bathroom. Great value close to Hollywood casino on Hwy 50!

• Stayed July 2011
Loveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn since we go to Hollywood Casino at least once per month and sometimes more. But this time we decided to stay at the Riverside since it was slightly closer and a little cheaper. At first when I went to check in the front desk attendant was eating her dinner and chose to sit there in the lobby finishing her meal before checking me in. Once we got a room I took my luggage to the room and left my purse and laptop in the room with our other belongings and headed to the casino. When we arrived back at the hotel around 5am our key wouldn't work and there was a post it on the door to come to the office. We then learned that we had been given the wrong room that someone else was already staying in. Our belongings including my purse and laptop were at the front desk. I was very angry since I trusted my items in that room. And then to find out that my stuff had not only been handled by staff but by the occupant in the room. I never got an apology although the night attendant assured me that she trusted the occupant in the room who handled my belongings. Well I don't know either of them. And don't trust anyone!

I have voiced my complaints not only to the night attendant and the one there in the morning. But I have also called the manager "Debbie" on a daily basis. Yet she refuses to return my calls. I wont be staying there again.

Also... The continental breakfast only includes very stale donuts and the rooms are pretty crappy. I suggest forking out a few extra bucks and staying at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Eastern Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

My husband and I heard about the hotel from a friend who had stayed there before to go to the casino. We were well pleased with the price of the stay especially the weekend rate, but the old addage that says, "you get what you pay for" certainly may fit this incident.
We had always stayed at other hotels, but decided to try this one due to the price and recommendation from our friends, who hadn't stayed anywhere else.
When we checked in, we were surprised to find that the hotel didn't have an elevator and wouldn't be easy to carry our luggage up the stairs, luckily they only have 2 floors so it wasn't too hard really.
Then when we got into the room, it was much smaller than any of the other rooms we had in other hotels. The room was very clean though and didn't have any bad odors like cigarettes or anything. The heat was extremely hard to regulate, we had to constantly adjust it to get it to a comfortable setting.
There wasn't any alarm clock but the hotel did have an automated wake up call if necessary. There was no blow dryer (although I was informed that they could be borrowed from the front desk), and there was no in room coffee maker (although they did have a pot in the lobby).
The TV was a small 19 inch that was hard to get the remote to work. There wasn't any premium channels.
To me the biggest drawback was the small bathroom. When you turned on the light, the exhaust fan came on also and when you were in the shower, it blew on you and I was FREEZING! Also, the shower head was only about 4 foot high. I'm 5'4" and the water (that had a very low pressure also), hit me at about my chest. My husband is 6'1" and he had to squat down under it! There wasn't any sink in the bathroom, it was by the door and was very hard to turn the faucet on because it had a pull up type.
To my husband, he hated the very firm bed, it was very hard, but the pillows were very comfortable.
They had one tiny bar of soap, two paper packets of shampoo, and that was all of the toilettries there was, luckily I brought ours from home.
On a positive note, anything that you needed, the hotel staff tried very hard to please. At checkout time, I got 4 calls to remind us it was time to leave so they could clean the room. I got out at 10 minutes late (how bad of me!!!!!!!!!!!) That really did make me angry, but all and all, if these things arent important to you, Riverside Inn is a nice place to stay because it is the closest place to the casino (like less than a mile) and the cheapest in the area. Hope it has been helpful to you.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — see written review
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
springfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I traveled to this area for my 21st birthday with my boyfriend and my best friend. I chose this hotel because it was by far the cheapest at $60 a night. We only stayed one night and the staff was very nice and the room apeared to be clean. however within a week of staying there my friend was covered in little red bumps that itched severly. Around the same time i found a patch of these itchy bumps on my left elbow and both ankles. We blew it off for a few days then went to the ergent care together. I was told i had flee bites but after the dr. examined my friend he concluded we both had scabies. How embarassing. apparently she got it from her bed at the hotel and i picked it up from her. When i called to inform the hotel of the situation i was continously disconected. Next time i will spent the extra money to have peace of mind.

• Liked — it was cheap
  • Disliked — scabies!
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

This is one of my favorite lower price hotels. It is almost across the street from the Argosy casino and is normally the cheapest room available in the area. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. I did encounter a few minor problems this trip. The biggest problem was in the bathroom. You could hear whenever the neighbor ran any water and it was loud. They also never heard of low water flow showerheads and the vent fan was noisy.

The breakfast bar needed attention also. They only had toast and donuts and there was no jelly for the toast.

Despite the small problems still a nice place for $50 per night.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — continental breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Riverside Inn Motel? Share your experiences!