“Hollywood Casino 777 Argosy Pkwy. Lawrenceburg , Indiana” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Argosy Casino and Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lawrenceburg
Argosy Casino and Hotel
You added Argosy Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
400 East Center Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Lima, Ohio, United States
“Hollywood Casino 777 Argosy Pkwy. Lawrenceburg , Indiana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Staff was friendly enough I had read the machines were very tight but I wanted to see for myself so I went and played on 1/28/12 , I played the slots of all denominations they are not only tight but as I sit and played I found out about ten minutes after a player was through I could hear the server actually resetting the machine,internally. Now I'm a tech by trade so I can tell when something is fishy in a machine in about any type. So you can use this advise in any fashion you'd like,but as for me I know you can't win unless they tell it to so, what are your odds?
If you go to play have a great time,I did.
S. Puckett

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have been going to the Hollywood since it was the Argosy on another boat along the river, basically since it opened. It's nice to see the growth it has made since that time, and just read they have recently broken ground on a new Lawrenceburg convention center with a new hotel located on that property stated to open in 2013. That may explain the fact that they have done little to improve the hallways going to your room. A small detail, but in my opinion, very ugly. The rooms, on the other hand are very nice with large flat screen TV's and comfortable beds. Make sure your room is facing the parking lots or you may be awakened by a train passing by early in the morning. We aren't what you would say "regulars", but go about 3 or 4 times a year taking advantage of the Player's Clubs discount on Monday and Tuesday nights. I understand they are doing away with this beginning in December of this year.

I usually play slots for 7-8 hours and on a good day break even. For the last few years I have gone on Christmas Day and enjoy the holiday spirit. I read in another review that the casino is smoke free, but that must be new because the last time I was there, only the lower level was smoke free. Self serve soft drinks are free as well as coffee. I do not like the restaurant inside the casino. The food is not that great and the prices are high. Better food and prices can be found in the buffet, which was going through remodeling during my last visit. Sometimes you can use a buy one, get one free offer, which is nice.

Parking in the attached garage, if not staying at the hotel makes it easier and closer to enter the actual casino. All in all, I usually enjoy my visits, but looking forward to a visit where I can actually win enough to pay for my stay and have some left over.

Room Tip: Stay away if you can see railroad tracks from your window.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We have stayed here several times while visiting the casino. It is connected to the casino by a covered walkway. The rooms are clean, large, quiet and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is no restraunt in the hotel but several are available in the casino. Parking is convient. There are several other hotels available in the area that charge slightly less but are not as convient if you want to go back to your room to rest up. They have a nice lounge area in the lobby that serves free coffee all day an night and has soft drinks available for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Call for a reservation to get a better price than online. Give them your players number. Request a r...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had received a flyer from the Hollywood offering us 1 night comped along with some free play and dining dollars (more on the dining in a separate report). We last stayed here for our Anniversary about a year ago and enjoyed the experience.

I called the "special" operator and requested a King room, early check in and for sure NON Smoking. Now if you have read any of my other reviews such as Harrahs Metropolis or Tunica you know I am not too critical but some things I cannot ignore.

At check in when we mentioned our name the clerk said " Oh yes we have your King SMOKING room all ready for you". When I said that was wrong the clerk said "But that's what you requested".. I asked her to please change it but she said there were NO non smoking kings availiable we would have to be put in a double. O.K. no problem except as she was finalizing checking us in another person came up to the next clerk and said she would like to have a King NON smoking room... and of course the clerk said ....NO PROBLEM..

All right we accept what Karma has given us and go to our room, an end room with windows on 2 walls, nice and bright and cheerful. Now we are on the third floor room 301, I notice that we overlook a railroad track and an employee access road on one side. from the other window a very well landscaped loading dock. Now on the third floor you are not high enough to see over the levee to see the River or the Casino. Oh Well, it's a comp room so how can I complain?

As for the room itself... It was VERY clean, the beds were also very comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows. There was a nice flat screen TV and a comfortable side chair. The bathroom was verry small, I mean bang your elbows on the sink and the shower at the same time small. It was well equipped with Bath& Body Works products and a nice liquid/foam hand soap dispenser that was a nice touch. There were also a hair dryer and nice full size towels supplied.

After spending 6 or 7 hours in the Casino with mixed results (about normal for us) and our meal from heck at the Marquee Cafe we retired for the night. All was nice and quiet till about 2 or 3 AM when I heard a lot of traffic noise from the road. A motorcycle and a car with those big booming speakers. OK I get back to sleep until about 5 AM when both my wife and I are scared out of our wits when a freight train goes by right under our window and..... OF COURSE ... the engineer just had to blast that horn as he passed the hotel. Not just blow it once but he kept blowing all the way past. I bet he had a big grin on as he did it.

OK bottom line (finally) this was one of those trips wher the planets aligned against us. BUT if you stay here make sure you get a higher floor room. Also if you can see the railroad tracks reconsider the room.

Room Tip: If you can see the railroad tracks reconsider the room unless you want an early and loud wake up cal...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice room although a bit noisy in the hall. Couldn't complain though as people probably there for the casino ( I was not). Casino was quite a walk from the hotel. I parked in the wrong lot and a friendly staff person (cleaning person) walked me all the way to where I should have been! Front desk personnel busy talking to each other and I felt like I was an interruption to them. Lobby very nice and place seems clean. Restaurants available but we chose to dine elsewhere. Room prices very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The Hollywood casino (formerly the Argosy Casino) has a hotel attached to the casino. The room are large with flat screen TV's and ample room. The beds are comfy with so-so pillows. The casino is a bit of a walk from the hotel, but it is an indoor walkway, so you won't get too cold or wet! The staff was very friendly and a noon check-out was not a problem!
If you want to enjoy an overnight at the casino/hotel, it is well worth the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
clermont florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was clean and fresh. There was a couch and chair which pleased my husband because he likes to watch TV without getting into bed. The sink area was a little small for toiletries for two people. Everything worked fine and we will go again. There is free coffee availabe in the lobby 24/7 and they even have decaf.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Argosy Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!