“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lawrenceburg
Argosy Casino and Hotel
Save Saved
You added Argosy Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
400 East Center Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025   |
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Lawrenceburg
Findlay, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We have stayed here several times while visiting the casino. It is connected to the casino by a covered walkway. The rooms are clean, large, quiet and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is no restraunt in the hotel but several are available in the casino. Parking is convient. There are several other hotels available in the area that charge slightly less but are not as convient if you want to go back to your room to rest up. They have a nice lounge area in the lobby that serves free coffee all day an night and has soft drinks available for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Call for a reservation to get a better price than online. Give them your players number. Request a r...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had received a flyer from the Hollywood offering us 1 night comped along with some free play and dining dollars (more on the dining in a separate report). We last stayed here for our Anniversary about a year ago and enjoyed the experience.

I called the "special" operator and requested a King room, early check in and for sure NON Smoking. Now if you have read any of my other reviews such as Harrahs Metropolis or Tunica you know I am not too critical but some things I cannot ignore.

At check in when we mentioned our name the clerk said " Oh yes we have your King SMOKING room all ready for you". When I said that was wrong the clerk said "But that's what you requested".. I asked her to please change it but she said there were NO non smoking kings availiable we would have to be put in a double. O.K. no problem except as she was finalizing checking us in another person came up to the next clerk and said she would like to have a King NON smoking room... and of course the clerk said ....NO PROBLEM..

All right we accept what Karma has given us and go to our room, an end room with windows on 2 walls, nice and bright and cheerful. Now we are on the third floor room 301, I notice that we overlook a railroad track and an employee access road on one side. from the other window a very well landscaped loading dock. Now on the third floor you are not high enough to see over the levee to see the River or the Casino. Oh Well, it's a comp room so how can I complain?

As for the room itself... It was VERY clean, the beds were also very comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows. There was a nice flat screen TV and a comfortable side chair. The bathroom was verry small, I mean bang your elbows on the sink and the shower at the same time small. It was well equipped with Bath& Body Works products and a nice liquid/foam hand soap dispenser that was a nice touch. There were also a hair dryer and nice full size towels supplied.

After spending 6 or 7 hours in the Casino with mixed results (about normal for us) and our meal from heck at the Marquee Cafe we retired for the night. All was nice and quiet till about 2 or 3 AM when I heard a lot of traffic noise from the road. A motorcycle and a car with those big booming speakers. OK I get back to sleep until about 5 AM when both my wife and I are scared out of our wits when a freight train goes by right under our window and..... OF COURSE ... the engineer just had to blast that horn as he passed the hotel. Not just blow it once but he kept blowing all the way past. I bet he had a big grin on as he did it.

OK bottom line (finally) this was one of those trips wher the planets aligned against us. BUT if you stay here make sure you get a higher floor room. Also if you can see the railroad tracks reconsider the room.

Room Tip: If you can see the railroad tracks reconsider the room unless you want an early and loud wake up cal...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice room although a bit noisy in the hall. Couldn't complain though as people probably there for the casino ( I was not). Casino was quite a walk from the hotel. I parked in the wrong lot and a friendly staff person (cleaning person) walked me all the way to where I should have been! Front desk personnel busy talking to each other and I felt like I was an interruption to them. Lobby very nice and place seems clean. Restaurants available but we chose to dine elsewhere. Room prices very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The Hollywood casino (formerly the Argosy Casino) has a hotel attached to the casino. The room are large with flat screen TV's and ample room. The beds are comfy with so-so pillows. The casino is a bit of a walk from the hotel, but it is an indoor walkway, so you won't get too cold or wet! The staff was very friendly and a noon check-out was not a problem!
If you want to enjoy an overnight at the casino/hotel, it is well worth the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
clermont florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was clean and fresh. There was a couch and chair which pleased my husband because he likes to watch TV without getting into bed. The sink area was a little small for toiletries for two people. Everything worked fine and we will go again. There is free coffee availabe in the lobby 24/7 and they even have decaf.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

The bed had bedbugs along edge of mattress, We called front desk and were moved to another floor, Smoke and bad odors filled the hallways. Front desk girl was rude, said she was "new" and ignored our complaints of mildew in bathroom. A real flophouse.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Wadsworth, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Wife and I were looking for an anniversary get away, and I suggested we try a casino. We've been to Vegas a few times, but aren't big gamblers. We considered West Virginia and Detroit, but decided to give Indiana a try. We are not smokers, so I was a little concerned about that, but we didn't find it to be an issue. The hotel has non-smoking floors, and we didn't spend any time in the common areas of the hotel. Arrival was nice, with valet parking. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 2:00pm, so we checked our luggage and headed to the casino. A bit of a walk, but we are only in our 40's so it was no problem.

First impression was things were neat and clean. Most services like resturants, lounges and shops were on the way to the casino, and there were enough choices for eating and drinking. Casino was nicer then I expected, with plenty of slots from $.01 to $1.00 and up. Plenty of table games, video poker and blackjack, as well as a nice looking poker room.

We spent a few hours playing slots, and didn't come out in too bad a shape. Headed back to see if our room was ready, and checked in. Room was a nice size, king bed and sofa and chair. 42" plasma tv was nice, but the bathroom was small. Very clean, comfortable bed and nicely decorated room. Room rate for a Saturday night wasn't cheap, but location was ideal to walk back and forth the the casino.

Had a breif "nap" and then got dressed for dinner. Had drinks and appetizers comp'd at the VIP Producers Lounge including very nice size shrimp, then off to the Celebrity Grill for dinner. Had BOGO coupon for dinner, and we had a very nice meal and drinks for under $40.00.

Back to the casino for more slots, and ended up leaving for the night up about $60.00. Again I must say that once inside the casino, I could have been any place on earth, expect for the tell tale "average" clientel. This ain't Monaco! That said I felt this was a nice clean safe casino. Cocktail waiteress were around frequently, and finding a non smoking area wasn't a problem. I wouldn't guess this would be a place to strike it rich, but that wasn't my expectation. There was live entertainment at Hollywood on the Roof, as well as a Boogie Nights Party at the Dance Club, but we decided to head back to our room and "anniversary".

Got up Sunday morning and headed to the breakfast buffet which we had a free coupon for. Omlet bar, Crepe's made to order, plenty of fresh fruit and other breakfast choices. I'd say it was an above average buffet, and it was the most average meal we had.

One final spin at the slots, and we got away up about $40, which paid for dinner. All in all a succesful visit, and I'd consider returning or reccomending to a friend.

The hotel is just that with no other ammenities such as spa, pool, excercise room, room service etc... For some this is an issue, but we only intended to sleep in it. Bed was comfortable, everything was clean, and the HD plasma was nice for football games.

Only tip I have is to consider a "package' with the room, or join the casino "players club'. This is how we got valet parking, VIP Club, meal comps. etc...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Argosy Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!