“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Argosy Casino and Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lawrenceburg
Argosy Casino and Hotel
You added Argosy Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
400 East Center Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Indiana
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice room although a bit noisy in the hall. Couldn't complain though as people probably there for the casino ( I was not). Casino was quite a walk from the hotel. I parked in the wrong lot and a friendly staff person (cleaning person) walked me all the way to where I should have been! Front desk personnel busy talking to each other and I felt like I was an interruption to them. Lobby very nice and place seems clean. Restaurants available but we chose to dine elsewhere. Room prices very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The Hollywood casino (formerly the Argosy Casino) has a hotel attached to the casino. The room are large with flat screen TV's and ample room. The beds are comfy with so-so pillows. The casino is a bit of a walk from the hotel, but it is an indoor walkway, so you won't get too cold or wet! The staff was very friendly and a noon check-out was not a problem!
If you want to enjoy an overnight at the casino/hotel, it is well worth the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
clermont florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was clean and fresh. There was a couch and chair which pleased my husband because he likes to watch TV without getting into bed. The sink area was a little small for toiletries for two people. Everything worked fine and we will go again. There is free coffee availabe in the lobby 24/7 and they even have decaf.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

The bed had bedbugs along edge of mattress, We called front desk and were moved to another floor, Smoke and bad odors filled the hallways. Front desk girl was rude, said she was "new" and ignored our complaints of mildew in bathroom. A real flophouse.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Wadsworth, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Wife and I were looking for an anniversary get away, and I suggested we try a casino. We've been to Vegas a few times, but aren't big gamblers. We considered West Virginia and Detroit, but decided to give Indiana a try. We are not smokers, so I was a little concerned about that, but we didn't find it to be an issue. The hotel has non-smoking floors, and we didn't spend any time in the common areas of the hotel. Arrival was nice, with valet parking. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 2:00pm, so we checked our luggage and headed to the casino. A bit of a walk, but we are only in our 40's so it was no problem.

First impression was things were neat and clean. Most services like resturants, lounges and shops were on the way to the casino, and there were enough choices for eating and drinking. Casino was nicer then I expected, with plenty of slots from $.01 to $1.00 and up. Plenty of table games, video poker and blackjack, as well as a nice looking poker room.

We spent a few hours playing slots, and didn't come out in too bad a shape. Headed back to see if our room was ready, and checked in. Room was a nice size, king bed and sofa and chair. 42" plasma tv was nice, but the bathroom was small. Very clean, comfortable bed and nicely decorated room. Room rate for a Saturday night wasn't cheap, but location was ideal to walk back and forth the the casino.

Had a breif "nap" and then got dressed for dinner. Had drinks and appetizers comp'd at the VIP Producers Lounge including very nice size shrimp, then off to the Celebrity Grill for dinner. Had BOGO coupon for dinner, and we had a very nice meal and drinks for under $40.00.

Back to the casino for more slots, and ended up leaving for the night up about $60.00. Again I must say that once inside the casino, I could have been any place on earth, expect for the tell tale "average" clientel. This ain't Monaco! That said I felt this was a nice clean safe casino. Cocktail waiteress were around frequently, and finding a non smoking area wasn't a problem. I wouldn't guess this would be a place to strike it rich, but that wasn't my expectation. There was live entertainment at Hollywood on the Roof, as well as a Boogie Nights Party at the Dance Club, but we decided to head back to our room and "anniversary".

Got up Sunday morning and headed to the breakfast buffet which we had a free coupon for. Omlet bar, Crepe's made to order, plenty of fresh fruit and other breakfast choices. I'd say it was an above average buffet, and it was the most average meal we had.

One final spin at the slots, and we got away up about $40, which paid for dinner. All in all a succesful visit, and I'd consider returning or reccomending to a friend.

The hotel is just that with no other ammenities such as spa, pool, excercise room, room service etc... For some this is an issue, but we only intended to sleep in it. Bed was comfortable, everything was clean, and the HD plasma was nice for football games.

Only tip I have is to consider a "package' with the room, or join the casino "players club'. This is how we got valet parking, VIP Club, meal comps. etc...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Waynesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I felt compelled after my weekend trip to Argossy (Now Hollywood) to write my first review ever. The casino is absolutely beautiful - especially for an Indiana Casino. I have gambled all over the U.S., Indiana, on cruises and in Canada/Bahamas. No question it is a nice casino - as close to Vegas as you will get in Indiana. We went Friday to stay for my husband's 40th birthday. We have stayed at hotely twice before - all comped nights. Food always comped. Love the buffet and the new Marquis Grill (used to be Chart Room when it was Argossy - they have really classed it up - service is hit or miss though).

We usually gamble about $1000 between us each trip (and are happy to bring back 3/4 of that or more) if that gives you an idea on how they are on comps. We get far better comps at Horseshoe Indiana (formerly Caesars) where we go about 3-5 times per year. A lot of people complaint that the slots there are SUPER TIGHT. I don't think they are any worse than any other Indiana casino.

Here's why I'm writing. My husband wanted to go for the noon deep stack tournament on 8/20. They simply do not have enough staff to handle registering 960+ people. They had like 2 or 3 people working registration - people lined up for an hour plus all around the bottom floor of the casino. They knew that many people could enter as this is not the first massive turnout they have seen. Yet not enough staff - so that it was 1 or 1:30 before my husband could sit down - and he was there well before noon. On a related note, they NEVER have enough cashier windows open or staff. Lines are RIDICULOUS and I'm comparing them to casinos all over the country and outside it. I just don't know what that casino is thinking from a customer service standpoint.

The main complaint I have though is with the hotel. In its defense, I was pleasantly surprised that even though check in is not until 4 they let us check in at 11:40 am (gave us the keys to room that early so we could drop our bags instead of checking them) which made it so much more convenient for us since we were tied up all day at the casino for my husband's tournament (I was off all day on slots - I broke even and gambled 7-8 hours straight - I was pleased).

The hotel has NO room service and NO mini bar. WHY? Most inconvenient thing ever. The only "food" at the hotel is a bunch of candy bars and cookies on a snack cart in the lobby - all overpriced. Other than that you can get pop out of vending machines on the floors. They need room service - or at least a deli style counter in the lobby.

Bathrooms in standard room are also the tiniest ever. There is hardly room to turn around. Bed and TV (large flat screen) were great though.

All in all - love the casino - but they need more staff for busy nights at cashier or major poker tournaments. Hotel rooms are just ok - they need more than cookies/candy bars in hotel for food.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Galena, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We booked one night nere, as we'd stopped into the casino but had not spend much time there, and heard the new steakhouse was decent.
Check in was smooth, and friendly. I believe we paid $110 for a Thurs night.
Room not impressive, stains on carpet, bed, loveseat. Yuck. Bathrm didn't seem clean either.
Went to casino, machines really, really tight. Back to room for a couple hrs before dinner. Again, looked around and it just seemed worn and dirty.
Steakhouse, Final Cut was not impressive. We had semi- dressed up for dinner and there were people in cargo shirts and t-shirts dining, not crowded at all. Neither of us cared for our steak, mine was all fatty, hubby's had so much "special seasonings" on it he could not eat it.
Back to casino...machines still really tight. Seems like they are short of help in there, glasses with cig butts beside machines, chairs not pushed in, buttons on machines sticky as if someone spilled something.
Back to room at 11 pm, and decided to head for home. (2.5 hr drive) We didn't even want to stay there. I just kept thinking I did notwant to wake up in that room, was not interested in the "tight" casino, and from the looks of the pillow cases did not want to sleep there...so packed up, grabbed a large coffee and hit the road.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Argosy Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!