“The room was great but don't count on the casino shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Lawrenceburg
“The room was great but don't count on the casino shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

The only negative that the hotel could control was the inability to give us two adjoining rooms because one was occupied. Planning ahead and not assigning single-room occupants to what could be an adjoining room would have been nice. The room and the bathroom were great (clean, spacious, updated, didn't smell, had everything we needed and everything worked.) The mattress and bedding were wonderful. We were able to check in 2 hours early. We had to evacuate for a fire alarm. There is no chance that anyone would sleep through that! There was a couple having intercourse in the pool right off the lobby. My group waited for Hollywood Casino's shuttle for 30 minutes before giving up and driving themselves over. Two of us missed the breakfast due to a trip to the ER but the rest of my party said that was good too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Planet Earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Selected this hotel as we were going to be skiing at Perfect North and this was close by. Check in was not an issue and the rooms were as described but no frills. The problem is that there are a lot of casino goers staying at this hotel and will come back drunk at all hours of the night. All rooms face the parking lot so you will hear all the doors, horns and drunk fights through out the night.

So unless you sleep like a rock I would suggest you try else where.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

It's a Holiday Inn- cheap bedding, average cleaning, poor mattress, and nothing special. This was a business trip and one of the closest hotels to my work location. I perfer to stay at another chain hotel, but the nearest one was an hour away so I settled for the #1 choice in Lawrenceburg.

The hotel was under construction during my stay. The sign at the front desk said work would be done from 9 am til 5 pm. It would work out fine since I would be working during that time frame, however, the work carried until after 5 pm. Which was a bit annoying since I wanted to relax after a long work day.

This hotel may come up on the GPS as location on the left side of the road, however, it is infact on the right side (going towards the casino from highway) in the same parking lot as Burger King. The clerk said it was a frequent complaint to new arrivals.

This hotel is right down the street from Hollywood Casino. Places to eat near by are typical fast food joints. If you go past the casino you can find a Kroger (grocery store) and Walmart (up a hill, hard to find from the road). A local favorite is Whiskey's. I'm not too impressed but the locals seem to enjoy this spot. Please keep in mind this town has has a strange smell due to the wiskey plant. Some times are stronger than others and can make you gag if you are sensitive.

Next time I will make the extra drive and stay at a hotel I am comfortable with. The beds make or break the hotel for me and this one made my stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed at this HIE (room 102) in Lawrenceburg for a photography workshop. The first thing I noticed in my room was that the carpet was very old, torn and dirty; especially in the walkways compared to the carpet near the edges where it doesn't get a lot of foot traffic. The carpet just inside my door was torn up in several places, and was very dirty looking. When I walked on that spot without my shoes and socks on it felt grimy. I didn't walk without shoes or socks on again. The bedsheets also were a little torn, and had some old stains on them from years of use.

It's not all bad though; most of the furnishings were newer and very nice looking. The bathroom, sink and most everything else was nice and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was typical HIE continental, which I think is above average. I didn't use the pool, but it was indoors, and look clean. The workout room was only a treadmill, stair climber, and stationary bike; so not great but good enough for me.

I would still recommend this hotel, but there are a few things that really need updating.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one afternoon/evening before we were to meet our church youth group at Perfect North Slopes the next day. I expressed to the staff how nice and clean everything was considering I've stayed in condos that I had to pay an extra cleaning fee that weren't as clean. While I've been employeed for the Dept. of Health for 20 yrs., I have seen some questionable restaurants and places to stay the night in my years of travel with my family, but was very impressed with this hotel. The staff was very nice and friendly and helped us with directions to restaurants, etc. in the area. The room was nice and cozy like home. My children loved the indoor heated pool and the continental breakfast was awesome - like a full buffet! We saved money on breakfast out somewhere and ate enough to hold us while we went tubing on the snow that afternoon. We will DEFINITELY be visiting this hotel again when we come back to the slopes!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Stayed at this location with my husband to celebrate New Year's Eve. We had a jacuzzi suite. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean and the location was excellent. The room was very good but could use a bit of updating. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
centerburg, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

stayed here June, 2009 to go to a Dwight Yoakum concert at Belterra. Not many hotels to choose from to go to Belterra and this one was at least 40 miles to Belterra. That being said, it was a fine updated motel/hotel. All furniture is new this year, bedding is new and very attractive. We were in a handicapped room and the bathroom was very large and clean. The carpets were new and I even walked on them with no socks (never do that). I wish my bedding and bed was as nice at home!
Desk clerk was very helpful and polite. He gave me lots of infomation about getting to Belterra. Bike/walk trail across the street and I took advantage of that.
Very nice pool. Not as warm as I like it. Clerk said they set it at 81 and I like my water about 85 but I took a brief swim. Building felt secure and there was no riff raff. Breakfast was the usual, but more than continental. Food was hot and well presented.
I used the free wireless with my ipod touch.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati? Share your experiences!