“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Pine Lake Avenue, LaPorte, IN 46350 (Formerly Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in LaPorte
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel surpassed my expectations! I was travelling for work, and there was not a whole lot to choose from in the area. Although I could tell it was old and needed some updates, it was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The bed...oh my!...the sheets were very soft and clean white--the pillows were AMAZING! I have never been to a hotel with such nice bedding! It made me feel more like I was at home, than most hotels. There was a very large TV in my room with lots of channels to choose from. Also, once I checked in, I didn't even have to leave the hotel--there is a Restaurant and a Pub inside. I decided to eat at Rother's Pub, and I was very pleased with the food--very good bar food! (The chicken tenders were very good!) On top of my wonderful stay at the hotel, I rented one of the conference centers for a training class that I was holding, and it was perfect! The rooms are very spacious, and professional, and the staff did a wonderful job at meeting all of our needs. I would definitely return to this hotel for business and/or pleasure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Sarah,
We are so glad that you enjoyed not only your hotel stay, but the conference center as well. It was a pleasure having you and your company visit our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future if ever the need arises.
Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
LaPorte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Consistent clean rooms and a very well-run hotel. And no bugs of any kind (very important to me on business as I don't want to bring any home with me!) In LaPorte, Indiana, I stay here about 80% of the time and I would bring my family to stay here as well...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Mark,
We definitely take pride in keeping our property very clean and welcoming. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well. We look forward to having you and your family at our hotel in the future.
CHESTERTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel a few times now and am impressed how nice the hotel is and the service. The food at Timbers inside the hotel is the best in town. Rothers Bar is a extra benefit on the premises.

• Stayed September 2013
Robert,
We are thrilled that you were able to utilize multiple areas of our full service hotel by experiencing not only your hotel room, but also the Timbers Restaurant and Rother's Pub. We strive to meet all guest's needs when they come to stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope to see you here again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This loacation was near everything the wedding ceremony as well as the reception downtown South Bend,and breakfast from in house restaurant very good as well. Stayed over the weekend for a wedding of close friends and this was close the most of our activities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Alethea,
It is always a pleasure to be a part of a wedding party's joyous day. We were so glad that you chose us to be a part of that memorable occasion. If you are ever in the area again we would love to assist you again.
Sheboygan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A wonderful experience with ample amenities and kind, attentive staff. Our stay was meant to be just one night, but it turned into a 3 day mini-vacation - (with the last 2 days at the Best Western in LaPorte, Indiana). Not only were the hotel rooms comfortable and the breakfast tasty, but the most important thing missing from most hotels and motels today was present at their facility - a staff that truly cared about the comfort and satisfaction of their customers. We were not merely "room numbers" for our stay at this hotel, but truly guests whose comfort, cares and concerns were considered as worthy of hearing and satisfying. It was truly one of the most pleasant hotel stays in our 33 years that my wife and I have been married.

Herman,
It warms our hearts when we get an opportunity to brighten someone's day such as yours. It was our extreme pleasure to give you the warmest welcome and the most enjoyable stay possible. We greatly appreciate your kind words and hope to see you and your wife again in the future.
Kokomo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

LaPorte's Best Western is one of the top values in the Great Lakes area. Convenient to area attractions, it is modestly priced and offers a variety of amenities. The staff is always pleasant, yet professional. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The unique Santa Fe motif was really appreciated by family members visiting from New Mexico.

Richard,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your kind review and I want you to know that I will pass along your compliments to the rest of our Best Western Team.
With Gratitude,
Hubbard Lake, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This Best Western is operated on the CHEAP and AWFUL!
The only improvement that this place has had in God knows how many years is they did a paint job. that was literally putting lipstick on a pig.
Our experience started with an exceptionally rude clerk at the front desk. She was more interested in talking to her coworkers than to me the customer. When she did speak to me she spoke as fast as lips can move and I could not understand a word.
This entire facility is filthy, dated/old and all furnishings look as though they were purchased at a second hand store. Our bed was extremely worn, carpets filthy, bathroom was beat up and dirty and the TV must've been hooked up to a roof top antennae because there was interference on every one of the 4 channels they service. The hallways are nasty, dirty and the a/c units vent into the hallways making it difficult to beathe and real HOT and un comfortable. i think that whomever owns and operates this dump should be forced to spend a night there to make them realize how awful this place really is.
If you are tired and need a room... sleep in your car rather than spending good money on the DUMP.

Room Tip: Travel farten than you really have to in order to get a good hotel.
Dan,
We participate in the Ultra Clean Program through Best Western that has a very detailed cleaning routine on top of our every day deep cleaning. We also have a regular preventative maintenance program in place to keep up with the demands of our facility. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your standards. The experiece that you reported is very unusual and not a normal occurance. Your feedback will be looked at by all levels of our staff to see what items need to be improved upon furthur. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I would love to assist you personally.
Assistant GM

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!