You added BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Pine Lake Avenue, LaPorte, IN 46350 (Formerly Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in LaPorte
Michigan City, Indiana, United States
“nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a wonder two night stay for my birthday. friends and family stopped in for visiting and didn't here of any complaints.Didn't have any problems with the staff, room was clean and ready and the room I requested (poolside). We stayed Saturday night and Sunday night The best time was Suday at noon when parents checked out with the kids. Parents in the hot tub with 5 & 6 year olds meaningfuly splashing and kicking other customers was not nice. parents that bring kids should teach kids to respect others feelings or don't bring them. I like kids, Ihave kids myself, I just feel they should be a limited amount and age of kids for the hot tub area. And the parents should be watched that there taking care of their kids. Sunday afternoon was the relaxing time I was there for. Best Western in Laporte, Indiana has all the comfort I'm looking for on the right day.

Room Tip: main floor (poolside) the only area I've stayed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Frances,
We are so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! I personally remember you from your stay and it was a pleasure to see you here again. Your feedback about the pool/jacuzzi area regarding the children will help us in handling issues like this in the future. We apologize that the first half of your weekend in the pool area was not as pleasing as it should have been. Again, thank you so much and we hope to see you help you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
westville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at Best Western on 2-23 to 2-24 of 2013 with my husband and 2 kids..My main reason for staying there is for the pool and room service..I had a awful experience with room service for dinner and breakfast..The waitress had a very bad attitude and made her mistakes mine.. I guess customer service is out the window with her..Got my room number wrong at dinner and told me that i gave her the wrong room number..No i did not and i told her..She did not apologize at all but the lady that helped her bring the food did..Spent very good money at dinner and i thought she could have had a better attitude..For breakfast the same lady brought me 2 orders of the same food and did not apparently see my note..the menu u order from for room servvice for breakfast, u better not want 2 orders of the same thing but one thing is cooked diffrently..The waitress will get to confused i guess..
MAKE SURE u make sure ur toilet is clean..I was giving my baby a bath that nite and looked over and saw black stuff in toilet bowl to the top..Laziness! Thank God I had Lysol and sprayed the WHOLE toilet..I will NOT stay there again...If i had too i would like to see the room first before i pay..Hope this stuff is helpful...The front desk ladies were AWESOME!! no complaints there..

Room Tip: any room near the pool...Just try to see the room first and make sure they cleaned it good enough
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Let me begin by thanking you for your detailed feedback. It is feedback like this that helps us to improve the way we manage all aspects of our property. We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the treatment that you should have. We would love to make it up to you. If you are ever in the area please contact the Assistant General Manager or the General Manager and we will help you personally. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again.
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It seemed like this hotel was half way through a remodel of sorts. Many items in the hotel are newer such as the TVs, bedstands, furniture, and vanity. However, things like the walls, flooring, elevator and recreation area in the middle of the hotel are a blast from the 60's and in need of updating. The hotel is comfy, but had an odd feeling since it seemed quite empty when we were staying there.
One thing the hotel definitely needs to do is get automatic doors for the entrance into the lobby. Using the luggage cart to get through the double sets of doors was a problem and I'm not sure how disabled individuals would ever be able to get into the hotel without a bit of help.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not near the elevator due to the noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. You feedback and suggestions will definitely be taken into consideration for future improvement plans. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again in the future.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Staff went out of their way to help make our daughter's wedding reception a success. Very accommodating in terms of making sure we were taken care of. We had an hors doeurves bar instead of a meal - the table looked fantastic. Karen was wonderful to work with. I do not have one single complaint about the entire experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are glad that your experience here was a great one. We had a wonderful time with your group and Karen appreciates the kind words! I know that she had a great time helping you as well. If there is anything that we can ever assist you with in the future just let us know. Thank you so much for your feedback and for your business!
miller beach, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

peopple here are super cool. front desk, bar, housekeeping all of them. they know the area really good because most of them live in the area so if you want good places to eat or hang out or whatever they got you covered. i am here all week for work every week for 12 weeks and i have pets to take care of and they are very accomidating for that situation as well.

Room Tip: rooms on upper levels in the corners are larger so u have more room to move around
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Casey,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us for so long. Guests like you make our job that much better! Again, a tremendous thank you! We hope to serve you again in the future if you are ever in LaPorte.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Hotel layout is spacious with plenty of room to walk around, and the surrounding area makes for a pleasent enviornment, being close to Pine Lake. The staff is quite friendly, and the restaurant has interesting choices, especially for appetizers. The Breakfast/Brunch is a nice value.

Room Tip: Some rooms have tables in the walkway facing the open space in the interior which is nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your friendly compliments!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stay at this hotel many times, and the most important characteristic that i always notice is the friendly atmosphere. The restaurant has a very big fire place in front of the tables, perfect for a romantic occasion. The staff is very respectful and you can see the managers always interacting with the guests trying to make their visit the most comfortable. The bar has live entertainment on the weekends so if you want to have a drink there is no need to go out of the premises. There are tables and chairs everywhere and you can sit out of your room and drink your own beer. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The food is very good and the prices unbelievable, very affordable, I recommend the chicken avocado sandwich, the burgers are huge, and the breakfast buffet every weekend. I go there so much that i don't need to get my information to the guest clerk, they remember my name and what i need for my stay. I'd stayed in many hotels around the area and what makes me go back is the special treatment i get all the time, many other places were so cold and impersonal, but at this place i am treated as a person and not a number. Thank you Patricia, Karina, Cristal, Michelle, and to all the staff for making my visits to La Porte very comfortable. Your hotel is my home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure to assist you in your travels and hope to see you again in the future!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!