“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Shelbyville, Indiana
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites in Lafayette for a romantic night with my girlfriend. I reserved the presidential suite for us and decorated it to surprise my loved one. I had placed candles on every inch of the room, but had no way to light them before I brought my girlfriend back to the hotel. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and when I mentioned that I needed someone to help light the candles, the girl at the desk offered to light them when she got off shift. I also asked her for extra pillows. When I came back with my girlfriend, the front desk clerk had gone above and beyond in making my planned night was I had hoped. I asked the staff about suggesting a romantic atmosphere for dinner, and he was glad to give me suggestions. The place we decided on was fantastic! We got coupon cards that desk has available for an appetizer or dessert to go with our succulent steaks. She, along with others on desk, on my two night stay made my weekend amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was very spacious, the pool was warm, and breakfast was great. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
It is so exciting to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am so glad that the staff was able to help make your stay just as you had hoped. We all thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. It is pleasing to all of us to hear such wonderful feedback about your stay in the Lafayette area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Marion, wi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room was pretty clean, but needed a good vaccuuming. The hallways need a vaccuum also. The bed and bathroom were clean. We had a okay breakfast. Nothing real special. The rate was okay. We asked for a discount and it was given to us.

Room Tip: We had a king room. The bed was very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize that our housekeeping staff neglected to perform the thorough cleaning that they are known for. I appreciate the honest comments and feedback we receive from all our guests. It is with these comments that we can make improvements. It is our hope that you will stay with us again should you return to the Lafayette area.
Wmsport, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I recently spent two nights on a weekend getaway here to celebrate a wedding anniversary and Valentine's Day. The king suite we had was clean and pleasant, the bed was comfortable, and the facilities overall were very nice. Even though the place was booked for the weekend with lots of families and kids, it was peacful and quiet. The rate we paid was very reasonable, also. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you were able to enjoy a "weekend away" and celebrate a special occasion with us! It is gratifying to us to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Mattawan, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in a king room that had a small separate seating area with a small couch, coffee table and two side chairs. The desk had a pull-out table below it that was on rollers that could be used as a credenza if you were a business traveler or as table. We had adjoining rooms with our daughter and son-in-law and this worked great. The room also had a microwave and undercounter refrigerator wtih single serve coffee maker in a little beverage bar area. The bathroom was roomy wtih four sets of towels that were surprisingly fluffy.

The common areas were nice - breakfast area, lounge area with fireplace, pool and workout room.

Our only complaint was an overeager housekeeper who was in our room twice before we were ready to check out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TriciaLCS, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in offering clean rooms and friendly service. We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. I do apologize that our housekeeping staff made you feel rushed to leave; that is never our intent. I believe there was confusion that one of the adjoining rooms had departed and not the other. Again, I do apologize. We hope that you will return to stay with us again!
Raymond, Maine, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Lafayette, Indiana Comfort Suites on December 26, 2012 and accidentally left our laptop computer in our room. We communicated with Garrett and then Willita by phone and later with Tricia by email and wish to highly commend these three individuals for the kindness, patience, and efficiency with which all three treated us and handled the return of our computer - which arrived in perfect condition. They displayed exceptional understanding and pleasure in being able to return this most important item. What excellent service and public relations skills!!! We often stay at Comfort Suites and always find accommodations and service superior. This latest experience confirms our high regard for the hotel and its staff. With great appreciation, Bob and Marilee

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We were so happy to be able to return your laptop to you. We know how frustrating it is to leave behind important items and always take great care in getting those items returned. It was truly our pleasure to get the laptop back to you. We hope to see you again when you travel to Lafayette.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Our son was graduating from Purdue and we took 3 rooms to handle us and siblings. Staff was very friendly. Hotel lobby is spacious and pleasant. Each room was large and comfortable with king bed, sofa, flat screen TV and refrigerator. Only 2 floors with large elevator in lobby and stairwells at either end of floor. Only negative is high intensity parking lot lighting which bleeds through even room darkening drapes. A very good place to stay for Purdue oriented travel or just passing through on I-65.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of your December stay with us. I am glad you found the hotel to be accommodating for your family. And congratulations on the graduation! We do apologize that the outside lights were too bright. We are actually working to reposition those so that they are not directly facing the guest room windows. We appreciate the comment so that we know it needs addressed. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

On my recent stay in Lafayette Indiana, I was amazed at how much I felt at home. The Christmas tree, decorations, and fireplace was so beautiful. The front desk staff was so friendly- offered restaurant suggestions and gave us coupons. The rooms were very spacious and so clean! The pool was nice to sit around and talk to friends. Our receipt was under the door in the morning...checkout was a breeze. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful words about your recent stay with us. The entire staff was involved in decorating this year. It is nice to hear feedback! We hope that you enjoyed the restaurants in the area- we have so many to chose from. We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holidays from the entire Comfort Suites staff!

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!