“graduation weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
“graduation weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Our son was graduating from Purdue and we took 3 rooms to handle us and siblings. Staff was very friendly. Hotel lobby is spacious and pleasant. Each room was large and comfortable with king bed, sofa, flat screen TV and refrigerator. Only 2 floors with large elevator in lobby and stairwells at either end of floor. Only negative is high intensity parking lot lighting which bleeds through even room darkening drapes. A very good place to stay for Purdue oriented travel or just passing through on I-65.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TriciaLCS, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your December stay with us. I am glad you found the hotel to be accommodating for your family. And congratulations on the graduation! We do apologize that the outside lights were too bright. We are actually working to reposition those so that they are not directly facing the guest room windows. We appreciate the comment so that we know it needs addressed. We hope to see you again in the near future.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

On my recent stay in Lafayette Indiana, I was amazed at how much I felt at home. The Christmas tree, decorations, and fireplace was so beautiful. The front desk staff was so friendly- offered restaurant suggestions and gave us coupons. The rooms were very spacious and so clean! The pool was nice to sit around and talk to friends. Our receipt was under the door in the morning...checkout was a breeze. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful words about your recent stay with us. The entire staff was involved in decorating this year. It is nice to hear feedback! We hope that you enjoyed the restaurants in the area- we have so many to chose from. We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holidays from the entire Comfort Suites staff!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here when we went to the Big Ten Championship Football game in Indianapolis, In. We arrived very late (early am). Check in went smoothly. There were six of us in the room, so we had to use the sofa sleeper. There were no sheets, blanket or pillows in the room for the sofa. I went down to the front desk for the necessary items. They could supply me with the sheets and blankets, but only one pillow. This was a bit disappointing, especially when I had to run for the items after a long exhaustive day. The sofa bed was also the most uncomfortable beds ever, but I guess I have never really encountered one that was comfortable. The morning breakfast bar was good and the guy on staff running it that weekend was very helpful and pleasant. The pool was nice and wasn't overly warm or cold. The next day I requested towels from the maid, but she didn't have any available at the time. We were getting ready to leave for the game, so she told me she would make sure she would put some in a bag and leave them outside our door as I kept the do not disturb sign up. This was exactly what she did. It is just what I would expect from a Comfort Suites. Clean, friendly staff and would recommend to a friend or relative.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that my staff was able to take care of your needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Cicero, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We didn't get to stay long, but it was refreshing, since we were exhausted... we had to check in late and leave early, but it was nice that they were so pet-friendly, since we were moving and had our yellow lab dog with us. at first our dog kept running around checking out the place, but I brought her dog bed in, and she finally settled down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay. Though we are sad you were unable to stay long, we are glad you found your stay refreshing. We do love it when pets stay with us as well! Seeing a dog puts a smile on everyone's face! We hope to see you and your lab in the future.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, new, nice, good staff. I spent a long weekend stuck there for work. It was a good place to be stuck and there was lots of typical American near by. The king room was a little sofa and table and good work service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TriciaLCS, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Oh no! I am sorry to hear that you were "stuck here" but I am delighted that you chose the Lafayette Comfort Suites for your stay! It is nice to hear that you found the room so accommodating. We hope to see you again if you return to the Lafayette area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this on my first night of a two night stay. I think I have only reviewed one othe hotel ever because it was equally horrible. When we arrived, our toilet was clogged. I called the front desk and no one answered after 10 calls. I called housekeeping and no one answered after5 attempts. Finally I walked down to the front desk and rang the bell. The front desk clerk appeared and,10 min later, she actually appeared at my door with a plunger. Really? It is now 11:51 and our neighbors who arrived at 10 pm are having a party and training a dog at the same time. My family is getting no sleep and, once again, no one answers the front desk line. Wow.

• Stayed November 2012
I truly apologize that you had a less than satisfying stay with us recently. I am slightly confused as we see that you checked in around 5pm local time. I worked until approximately 7:30pm on your arrival date. There were also two desk associates on staff that evening as well. I do not recall having any issues with the phone lines. Between the three of us there was someone at the front desk at all times. I don’t recall any guests needing to ring a bell for service. So I apologize that you feel you were neglected.
We do openly accept pets. I apologize on behalf of pet owners who do not always keep their pets quiet. Once notified, we did immediately call your neighbor to inform them of the need to quiet their service dog. We did return a phone call to you to make sure the noise had stopped and were advised that it had. We also made an adjustment to your folio due to your inconvenience. Again, I apologize to you and your family for your dissatisfaction. We strive to make each stay an enjoyable experience for our guests. Again, we apologize that we were unable to deliver that to you.
Carmel, Indiana, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great location right off I-65 North in Lafayette IN. Check in went well, fast & very courteous. We requested top floor on an end for quiet & because we checked in a little early, that is exactly what we received. This 2 story building had entrances on both ends as well as a beautiful entry. Our room was roomy & the bed extremely comfortable. Our room seemed to be a bit old by looking at the bathroom & the couch cushions were very worn on the ends. There were plenty of lamps, lights & mirrors plus a roomy closet. Beware of the safe charge & be sure it is not charged to your bill - you must tell the front desk you will not use it in order for the charge to be removed. We loved the rolling table that pulled out from underneath the television. It was perfect for us to work a crossword puzzle on. Forget about the wifi. It was the slowest we've ever encountered in any Comfort Suites. Even though we called the front desk, we were advised there was really nothing that could be done. It was this slow 24x7 for the entire time we were there. Breakfast was good although the first sausage I chose was as hard as a rock, pitched it & started over. 2nd one was fine. Toasters in all Comfort Suites seem to be really slow for some reason. Overall, our room was fine & we would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: For quiet rooms, ask for top floor on the end.