“Sleep In Your Car!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Columbus, Ohio
“Sleep In Your Car!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good location! Everything else was bad. I reserved a non-smoking room. They gave me a smoking room, and billed it as a non-smoking room. This was evident by the smell and the pile (yes a pile) of cigarette ashes in the air conditioning controls. The controls didn't have all the knobs. The lamp shades had burn holes in them and had been crushed and then straightened. The glass over the picture hanging on the wall was broken into thirds, leaving the shards to fall when ever gravity decides it's time to fall. In several areas, the wall paper was falling off, not pealing, falling off! There were light bulbs missing throughout the room. The entertainment center was scratched and looked like crap! The bathroom floor was sticky and it felt as if the floor was rotten. It probably was, as the toilet leaned to the right and was unstable. The toilet lid was broken. The sink was stained and had no stopper. The ice machine was out of order (imagine that) so I had to walk 2 buildings away for ice, and the laundry was out of service. Since it looked like a rock band lived in the room for a year, I called the front desk and asked if they were aware of the damage (I gave them the short list). They gave me another room, This one was somewhat better, however I then saw what was supposed to be in the first room and was missing. The exterior of all the rooms was in poor condition, and the wood was rotting. The plate, under the exit door was loose and I tripped on it. The exit door was filthy. It was nasty. Avoid this place!

Room Tip: Go to Super 8
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's quite rare I rate a property 1 out of 5 on the Trip Adviser scale, but this property is worthy. The only saving grace here was the friendliness of the staff, and allowing me to check in at 5 in the morning. OTHERWISE, stay away. This motel is the first time in a LONG TIME I feel like I was ripped off, it is a poor value for the WALK IN rates being charged. They would not honor my corporate code (Contacting Wyndham Rewards about this) and the hotel has NO WI FI service.

Pros: None to thing of...

Cons: Poor rooms in disrepair, no WI FI service, Overpriced

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed this weekend.
Hotel is a dump. Run down, old , lacking repairs. Used a s a transient hotel for local contractors.
Free breakfast is cereal and warm juice.
Rooms dirty and not serviced well. Beware.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Justice, Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed one night with my sister. Originally charged $99.00,but reduced to $89.00 with AARP. The room appeared to be reasonably clean. BUT......
1. A light bulb missing from sconce near beds.
2. Less than 1/4 roll toilet paper...Called the office and was told ...will bring some down...after 20 ..
minutes ..went to office to get it.
3. No TV remote...called again..told would send it down....waited and fially went to get Came back with two and instructions how to program one.
4. Pulled back corner of bed spread...found dried seman stains. Pulled back more of spread and found dried blood stains.
5. Called for manager and things just got worse from there and no more space to continue......

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Logansport, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Some friends and I were visiting Lafayette and were going to be out and about for most of the day and night and just needed a cheap place to stay for the night. We booked two rooms and were able to check in to one room a little early. First of all upon entering the room we were overpowered with the smell of disinfectant, it was almost nauseating. While using the restroom, I looked down and saw a cockroach. We decided instantly there was no way we could stay there! We grabbed our things and as we were walking out we saw another cockroach on the wall! EWWWW!!! When we went to return our keys to the front desk, the girl offered us another room. Are you kidding me? Like it would be less cockroach infested??? Then she proceeded to say she has never had anyone complain about cockroaches there before, and after looking at the other reviews of this place, I know that could not be true. All I can say is gross, gross,gross.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

Three of us stayed overnight (in 2 rooms) en route from Chicago to Louisville. We did not want to drive the full distance without a break, especially as it was mostly in the dark, following a 9-hour flight from London preceded by a 3-hour drive from Wales. None of us had any previous knowledge or experience of Knights Inns, but the location was convenient and it was easy to find from the I-65. All we needed were beds for the night and that was what we got at a reasonable price. The Ritz it certainly isn't, but at the same time we did not experience any of the traumas reported by other clients. The rooms were reasonably clean, though the heating was not very effective and we were unable to get it to work properly. A complete refit and re-decoration would not go amiss. All the eating establishments in the vicinity seemed to be of the fast-food variety, which did not appeal very much to us. To sum up, pretty poor but I've stayed in worse - though I'm glad we only needed to stay one night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I have stayed here on overnight trips several times over the past few years only because of it's location and because it's one of the few ground floor motels with outside entrances. A couple of years ago my room was infested with roaches. Even though they changed my room, I swore never to return after that. I was in town again recently, and decided to try them again, thinking that they may have improved. This time, no roaches. However, the room was less than clean. There wasn't enough available outlets to plug in my laptop and worst of all, the toilet wasn't bolted to the floor and it almost fell over. Don't think I will give them the benefit of the doubt in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!