“Very Poor Motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very Poor Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's quite rare I rate a property 1 out of 5 on the Trip Adviser scale, but this property is worthy. The only saving grace here was the friendliness of the staff, and allowing me to check in at 5 in the morning. OTHERWISE, stay away. This motel is the first time in a LONG TIME I feel like I was ripped off, it is a poor value for the WALK IN rates being charged. They would not honor my corporate code (Contacting Wyndham Rewards about this) and the hotel has NO WI FI service.

Pros: None to thing of...

Cons: Poor rooms in disrepair, no WI FI service, Overpriced

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed this weekend.
Hotel is a dump. Run down, old , lacking repairs. Used a s a transient hotel for local contractors.
Free breakfast is cereal and warm juice.
Rooms dirty and not serviced well. Beware.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Justice, Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed one night with my sister. Originally charged $99.00,but reduced to $89.00 with AARP. The room appeared to be reasonably clean. BUT......
1. A light bulb missing from sconce near beds.
2. Less than 1/4 roll toilet paper...Called the office and was told ...will bring some down...after 20 ..
minutes ..went to office to get it.
3. No TV remote...called again..told would send it down....waited and fially went to get Came back with two and instructions how to program one.
4. Pulled back corner of bed spread...found dried seman stains. Pulled back more of spread and found dried blood stains.
5. Called for manager and things just got worse from there and no more space to continue......

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Logansport, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Some friends and I were visiting Lafayette and were going to be out and about for most of the day and night and just needed a cheap place to stay for the night. We booked two rooms and were able to check in to one room a little early. First of all upon entering the room we were overpowered with the smell of disinfectant, it was almost nauseating. While using the restroom, I looked down and saw a cockroach. We decided instantly there was no way we could stay there! We grabbed our things and as we were walking out we saw another cockroach on the wall! EWWWW!!! When we went to return our keys to the front desk, the girl offered us another room. Are you kidding me? Like it would be less cockroach infested??? Then she proceeded to say she has never had anyone complain about cockroaches there before, and after looking at the other reviews of this place, I know that could not be true. All I can say is gross, gross,gross.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

Three of us stayed overnight (in 2 rooms) en route from Chicago to Louisville. We did not want to drive the full distance without a break, especially as it was mostly in the dark, following a 9-hour flight from London preceded by a 3-hour drive from Wales. None of us had any previous knowledge or experience of Knights Inns, but the location was convenient and it was easy to find from the I-65. All we needed were beds for the night and that was what we got at a reasonable price. The Ritz it certainly isn't, but at the same time we did not experience any of the traumas reported by other clients. The rooms were reasonably clean, though the heating was not very effective and we were unable to get it to work properly. A complete refit and re-decoration would not go amiss. All the eating establishments in the vicinity seemed to be of the fast-food variety, which did not appeal very much to us. To sum up, pretty poor but I've stayed in worse - though I'm glad we only needed to stay one night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I have stayed here on overnight trips several times over the past few years only because of it's location and because it's one of the few ground floor motels with outside entrances. A couple of years ago my room was infested with roaches. Even though they changed my room, I swore never to return after that. I was in town again recently, and decided to try them again, thinking that they may have improved. This time, no roaches. However, the room was less than clean. There wasn't enough available outlets to plug in my laptop and worst of all, the toilet wasn't bolted to the floor and it almost fell over. Don't think I will give them the benefit of the doubt in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Midland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

Two friends and I booked 2 rooms. They paid for their room in cash and I used a credit card. A month later I get a two bills on my statement, one for each room. Manager would not refund my extra payment because he could not see any money being handed over to the night clerk on the video camera. He does not have a signed transaction from me for the extra room but will not refund. I have to now hope that my credit card company will take my side in this dispute. The night clerk must have pocketed the cash and then billed me to cover her tracks. Hard to fight the bill when you live 400 miles away.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Overcharged me $113
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!