“No integrity” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4320 State Road 26 East, Lafayette, IN 47905 (Formerly Signature Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Colorado
“No integrity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel Sold our confirmed reservation (yes we had rhe confimation number in hand) out from under us - had to scramble to find another hotel on a busy Purdue weekend. Do not trust a reservation here! Absolutely no integrity!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion Lafayette after a concert in the area. I got a super low rate on their website and it was for a king suite, which had a comfy couch in a separate seating area. The bed was so comfy, the room was big, and the best part, the room was SO clean. I've stayed at expensive hotels and even they have some sort of cleanliness issue. Not this one! (Not a spec of dirt or hair anywhere!) The breakfast had hot egg patties and sausage and also fruit, which was nice instead of just all carbs. My only complaint is that some of the towels were old and dingy and not very soft. I think if Clarion invested in new towels, they would be top notch. But then again, it was such a low price, that if that was what I had to sacrifice, I'll take it. Some people mention the outdated decor, which may be true, but I don't care about the pictures on the wall or color of the furniture. When I stay in a hotel, I want: Clean room, comfy bed, good breakfast, low price, and that is exactly what I got! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are only two floors with no elevator, so you have to either have a room facing the parking lot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Horse Cave, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Chicago. We were looking for a clean, quiet place to sleep. We got a nice clean room for a really good price. I slept great and for someone that suffers from insomnia that is a real treat. I loved the laminate floors. I wish all hotels would rip up their nasty carpet and put them in. Very happy with this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I called the hotel on a Saturday night at 10 p.m. for a last minute reservation. I arrived at 2 a.m., was greeted by the person on the phone who happened to be the owner. He accomodated me with what I thought was a very fair price. Helped make sure my dietary needs were met for breakfast by going out of his way. The room was clean. My daughter and I each got a great night of sleep. The owner made sure we stayed in an area of the hotel that would be nice and quiet. He even voluntereered a late check-in without being asked knowing how late we were arriving. I would highly recommend them and woould be happy to being the rest of my family back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reston VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We needed a resonably priced hotel for one night near I-65 between Chicago and Indianapolis. This hotel fit the bill. It was clean, had good beds with comforters instead of bedspreads. The floor was laminate wood which I had not seen before, but assume it is easier to keep sanitary. The bathroom was new but showed wear and tear. The front desk staff was very friendly. Would stay here again---good value!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for a trip to visit Purdue University. The room was clean, comfortable and even had a microwave/ mini-fridge set up. The only negative with the physical part of the hotel was that the cove base was coming off in a couple of different areas in the hallway. Also, my son and I were both surprised about the limited selection of TV channels. Breakfast needs to improve on the juice mix both the OJ and the apple juice did not taste good. Get real juice: not water with flavor!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The condition of the hotel is so-so. They have completed some renovations (new floors, paint/wallpaper, updates to the bathroom, etc.). However, they are not doing a good job at upkeep. The rooms are already starting to show wear & tear. The furniture needs replaced. In some reviews, people complained about the wood laminate floor, however, that was one of the few things I liked about the room, it is easier to see dirt on a wood laminate floor than carpet...

We were told that all of the rooms are non-smoking, which was not true. Our room was clearly a smoking room and there were no other rooms available to make a switch. The attendant was very sweet and came to the room with odor neutralizer & apologized repeatedly. However, my eyes were very irritated from the smoke and I went home with smoky bags & clothes. Fortunately, we arrived late & checked out early & were only there one night. I could not have stayed any longer.

Although the check-in attendant was extremely helpful and nice, the check out attendant was downright rude.

Breakfast was available, but not much of a selection, especially if you are looking for a healthier fare. Waffle station, cereal, bread, processed frozen egg patties & sausage links. I think the lack of selection was attributed to the attendant, a couple of people asked for specific items. Not until the request was made, were items brought out. Bananas were put out as we were leaving; otherwise no other fruit was available. There are great breakfast places within walking distance.

Maybe, if I had a nonsmoking room, I would say it would be OK for an overnight, quick stop, as it does have all of the basics. Besides the smoke, the room was relatively neat, it had a frig, microwave, etc. However, the smoke made for a terrible night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!