“Definitely a 2 Star...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4320 State Road 26 East, Lafayette, IN 47905 (Formerly Signature Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Dayton, Ohio
“Definitely a 2 Star...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The condition of the hotel is so-so. They have completed some renovations (new floors, paint/wallpaper, updates to the bathroom, etc.). However, they are not doing a good job at upkeep. The rooms are already starting to show wear & tear. The furniture needs replaced. In some reviews, people complained about the wood laminate floor, however, that was one of the few things I liked about the room, it is easier to see dirt on a wood laminate floor than carpet...

We were told that all of the rooms are non-smoking, which was not true. Our room was clearly a smoking room and there were no other rooms available to make a switch. The attendant was very sweet and came to the room with odor neutralizer & apologized repeatedly. However, my eyes were very irritated from the smoke and I went home with smoky bags & clothes. Fortunately, we arrived late & checked out early & were only there one night. I could not have stayed any longer.

Although the check-in attendant was extremely helpful and nice, the check out attendant was downright rude.

Breakfast was available, but not much of a selection, especially if you are looking for a healthier fare. Waffle station, cereal, bread, processed frozen egg patties & sausage links. I think the lack of selection was attributed to the attendant, a couple of people asked for specific items. Not until the request was made, were items brought out. Bananas were put out as we were leaving; otherwise no other fruit was available. There are great breakfast places within walking distance.

Maybe, if I had a nonsmoking room, I would say it would be OK for an overnight, quick stop, as it does have all of the basics. Besides the smoke, the room was relatively neat, it had a frig, microwave, etc. However, the smoke made for a terrible night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here 1 night to visit the local Big 10 school in the area. We booked the hotel not knowing the name, and after I did I didn't know if I wanted to stay there after reading some of the reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Beds were great, with comforters not bedspeads. Room had microwave, frig, kings size bed and hide-a-bed, and was fairly spacious. It did have a small tv and there were places around the base board areas of the bath room and bedroom that could have used some paint. The pool was outside (fairly nice), but had with short operation hours of 10am to 9pm. Breakfast was good- had eggs, fresh sausage, muffins, waffles, yogart, cereals, toast, but coffee stunk! Saved my family of 4 $20 on breakfast that morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lake Station, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My fiance and I took a weekend trip to Lafayette to get out of town for the weekend. I picked the Clarion for it's price and location. It was a cheap pick, right off the highway. I picked the one bedroom suite for one night. The room was spacious, bathrooms big with nice fixtures and the room was clean. The only complaint I had about my stay was the bed situation, hard as a rock! I called the front desk and asked if we could switch rooms. The attendent said all beds were the same, so we were stuck with it. Overall nice room, minus the bed, great location and I guess that's what I get for picking the cheap hotel :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was driving from Chicago to Kentucky and the highway got so bad they shut down. Getting off the first exit 172 which happened to be Lafayette we pulled into the Clarion. We checked into a King Nonsmoking room and it was faboulous , had vinyl wooden floors and the heater warmed up the room within minutes. One of the Movie channels wasn't working so i called the front desk and " Melissa" who was extremely nice came to attend and had us fixed within minutes. We got up early for breakfast and happened to run into the Manager who was kind enough to print us out different faster directions to where we were going . Breakfast was good i would say 7 out of 10 , wish they had biscuits and gravy. All in all pleasant stay , and would be back if ever in the area.

Room Tip: They have both carpet and wood floor rooms , to each his own.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
douglasville GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

After a long exhausting day I stopped in Lafayette IN for the night. A number of hotels are off the hwy & I pulled into the Clarion. Price was alright as I needed 2 rooms for myself, son & daughter. The young girl attended was pleasant & we checked in quickly. On the way to the rooms both my children commented on a funny odor emitting from some rooms that smelled like marijuana. When we entered the room I was surprised to see wooden fake floors that were buckled & poorly laid down. Bathroom had dirt in corners. Bedding was decent. After looking for phone book (none) I found 3 marijuana seeds in desk drawer. Before anyone jumps to conclusions I am a retired policeman & have seen this junk before. Breakfast in AM was just basic, no orange juice & just enough to get you going. In the daylight I could see the grounds were trashy & unkept. My advice. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I will NEVER book a room here again!!! I had a reservation under the friends and family deal. My friend quit a few days before I was to arrive, but assured me since I have my reservation confirmation, I would be fine. After driving 15 hours with a small child, the manager, Chris, informed me I had called and cancelled my reservation two days prior and he could do nothing for me. He also made some unprofessional and disparaging remarks about my friend. I had not cancelled my reservation and had my confirmation in my hand!

I feel this hotel is run in a very unethical and unprofessional manner and will never recommend it to anyone. If they had just called when my friend quit and told me they would not honor the reservation, I wouldn't have felt so bad toward them. Instead, I was left with a tired child, scrambling for a room 900 miles from home, two days before Christmas! NOT GOOD!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! Baymont Inn and Suites took us in and went out of their way to help us out!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We needed a location to spend one night while traveling and while the price for the room was excellent, the hotel itself is old, rundown. Siding on the hotel was missing showing bare wood.
While the room was ok looking it did smell moldy and the refrigerator sounded like a diesel engine running.
My favorite disappointment was the breakfast. While they had a waffle iron that made nice large waffles, they had NO SYRUP. When another guest asked for a pepper shaker, the response from the manager was "Somebody must have stolen it".

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!