“Above and Beyond!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
NW Indiana
“Above and Beyond!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Last weekend, my son and his dance team mates had a dance competition in Indianapolis. There was a weather warning about snow coming. We really thought we'd be able to drive out of it. HOWEVER, we were sorely mistaken. 4 out of 5 of us (that were following each other home) gave up after 2 1/2 hours. Indy to Lafayette is usually only about 45 minutes... but it was such an awful, awful drive. About 16 miles from Lafayette, I called the Hampton and spoke to Clarence, the GM. He agreed to hold 3 rooms for us until I could get in touch with our fellow team mates on who wanted to stop. He was more than willing and then a few minutes later I asked if they had 4th. We were a shaking mess by the time we made it to he hotel and he had our rooms ready to go for us!
After we got checked in, we ventured across to the Olive Garden next door. On our arrival back (it was almost midnight), I got my car stuck in the parking lot. After about an hour, and Troy from maintenance's help, I finally was unstuck and in a parking spot. What an exhausting day!
Next morning, woke up to find my car had been plowed in by snow plows and there were HUGE snowy ice balls in front of my car as well as a foot or more of snow. Thankfully, Patrick and Roger from maintenance, came out and dug my car out for me. There were 2 big balls of frozen snow that it took BOTH of them to remove. Hampton doesn't know just how much I appreciated them. Although I had our older son with me, I hadn't seen our other 2 babies in 3 days and this momma was so anxious to get back to her babies! So thank you all so much again Hampton in Lafayette!! So much appreciated;)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clarence S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
to receive your kind words of praise for Patrick, Roger and Troy. I am happy that we could assist you and make your stay as acceptable as we could.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit to Lafayette, under better circumstances.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visiting Lafayette for daughter's softball tournament. The coach selected the room, so we didn't have a choice - but it turned out just fine. Clean, quiet, comfortable room - good value - would stay again. Would recommend this hotel to other traveling families.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clarence S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I also want to let you know that we will be starting a complete renovation and addition of guest rooms very soon. This will also include an upgraded exercise room, larger and better. Our anticipated completion date is July, we cannot wait to share our new product with our loyal Hilton guests.
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was located on a "strip" of chain restaurants and hotels. Hampton Inns are predictable but sometimes differ in room layout and age. This room had a long, large bathroom, a closet with a folding door, and 2 queen beds. There was also a desk and a small table and chairs. The flat-screen TV worked fine and one nice touch at most Hamptons is the channel guide so you don't spend hours clicking each channel to see what's available.

The fitness room was the smallest I've ever seen at a hotel. I think it's a remodeled storage closet. There was only room for a treadmill and elliptical and a TV. No other equipment, but there was a sign saying the front desk had passes to local fitness centers. Guess they had some complaints! It was also really hot in there. Don't overdo it. I didn't use the pool but it looked fine.

Breakfast was standard. Bananas were too green to eat and the orange juice tasted fake or watered down. There were free USA Todays and some comfortable furniture in the lobby in addition to the breakfast tables.

If I return to the area I might look elsewhere. The room was booked by someone else and there are probably better deals on the same road or elsewhere in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clarence S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I will be happy to pass on your comments to our staff and other managers. I also want to let you know that we will be starting a complete renovation and addition of guest rooms very soon. This will also include an upgraded exercise room, larger and better. Our anticipated completion is July, we cannot wait to share our new product with our loyal Hilton guests.
Springfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We felt very welcome and would stay there again. The staff were very welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed. They were very accomodating when our group asked to have a team get together in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I will be happy to pass on your compliments. hear about the compliments that our guests leave for them. As you know, we will be starting a complete renovation and addition of guest rooms very soon. This will also include an upgraded exercise room, larger and better. Our anticipated completion is July, we cannot wait to share our new product with our loyal Hilton guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is preparing for a significant remodel which will add rooms and a new lobby. The hotel is clean and well maintained. We liked this hotel better than the Homewood Suites next door. The breakfast is well done and the staff, including the assistant manager will even deliver your waffle to your table. We saw several times where either the breakfast hostess or hotel manager were helping parents with their kids plates, deliver waffles, or grabbing a fortgotten utensil. There are multiple restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the university.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I will be happy to pass on your compliments. Our staff is always pleased to hear about the complimens that our guests leave for them. Thank you.
Brownsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a great hotel. Very clean and well maintained. The staff truly cares for the guest. The managers have done a great job with this property. It is easy to access I 65 or to go to Purdue. Thanks for another great stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I will be happy to pass on your compliments to the staff. I also want to let you know that we will be starting a complete renovation and addition of guest rooms very soon. This will also include an upgraded exercise room, larger and better. Our anticipated completion is July, we cannot wait to share our new product with our loyal Hilton guests.
Tampa Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Staff was kind and service was good. Even their personal presentation was good. The room was clean and maid service did a good job. Breakfast was good. They had fresh bagels and eggs, eveything tasted good, their coffe tasted good for my surprise, I've been in hotels where it tastes like reheated old coffee, but theirs tasted fresh even in the afternoon. The lady attending the breakfast bar wa very kind and showed genuine hospitality towards us.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I will be happy to pass on your compliments. I also want to let you know that we will be starting a complete renovation and addition of guest rooms very soon. This will also include an upgraded exercise room, larger and better. Our anticipated completion is July, we cannot wait to share our new product with our loyal Hilton guests.

Been to Hampton Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!