“It wasnt that bad!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
“It wasnt that bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed for a baseball tournament that our son was in. Please keep in mind the hotel is under new management. And yes, the hotel is old and run downed. But I have to say the staff was very friendly they went out of their way to help with any request we had. We really appreciated the hotel doing this for their guest, the pool had algae and had to have it drained. They couldve told us the pool is out and sorry but it will not be in operation,instead they drained the pool and spent $3000 to re-fill it up since the hotel was full, and there were so many children there and plus it was really hot outside! The breakfast wasnt to bad at least there was sausage and eggs,toast, bagels,cereal,yogurt,fruit, juices. When the yogurt was out, the man was so kind to get us more! Also, we appreciated they put congratulations to our team for winning on there board at the front desk! They had a big cooler filled with ice cold water for their guest! The rooms were cleaned. Mic/refrig/ a safe. I was very concerned since the other review mentioned bed bugs, but there were none in our room! Also, we were appreciated that they let us have a late check without charging extra! Thank you for a pleasant stay and going way beyond what was called! That is why I am giving this hotel a Very good stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I was in a room on the 2nd floor, and woke early (before 6am) on June 25 with a crawling feeling on my arm. Turned on the light and saw black spots on my pillow, and then an adult bed bug. Closer viewing showed another couple adults and numerous nymphs (about the appearance and size of sesame seeds) and more blood spots on the sheets.

The front clerk and manager were apologetic, sympathetic, and I think a good bit repulsed. I was told that this was the first report that they had had, and I believe (and hope) that's true. I asked for and received a refund on my stay. There is a walmart near by where I bought a change of clothes, and I used my GPS to find a very nice laundromat in West Lafayette. I came back after the laundromat to get a hard copy of my refund, and was told that the manager was up inspecting rooms, so I expect that they will be getting the exterminators in, but I don't suggest staying there any time soon.

I'm not giving them a "terrible" rating because I liked the staff, and I know that they did not get bed bugs on purpose. These things happen, and I've now learned to search before moving in.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here twice now. Changed rooms both times because of issues: frayed electric cord, exposing wire. Room so bright from outside light at night you can read. Air-conditioning unit jack hammering so loud no one could sleep. Other lesser issues: bed broken down, Showerheads not functioning properly, 3 out of 4 rooms had an odd, musty odor that did not go away, something Always Missing at breakfast buffet ( butter, syrup, etc), buffet sort of sparse.

• Stayed June 2011
hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I am writing to let you know that Tim Mayflower was on duty when we arrived at The Quality Inn in Lafayette. His warm personality and efficient service seem to indicate that we were going to have a nice stay. Tim called us in our room to check on us and to make sure that we were satisfied. Hopefully all of your employees are as personable as Tim Mayflower (LA #136).

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was driving down to school from Chicago and hit some black ice. My car ended up in a ditch and had to be towed. A good Samaritan picked me up and dropped me off nearby at this hotel for the night. As I only had liability insurance and needed a cheap and honest auto repair place, I was up a creek since I didn't know the area. I explained my situation to the front desk attendant, Sam, and he was more than helpful. He called a place he had used in the past and the mechanic came over and picked me up personally. He also let me stay well past the checkout time as I was getting my car from the tow lot, dropping it off at the auto shop and picking up a rental car. In addition, I had spent the morning making phone calls and trying to work out how to get to school and file police and insurance reports and as a result missed the free breakfast by the time I went downstairs to talk to Sam. He was kind enough to have someone take me into the kitchen and actually put together a breakfast for me. I understand that this isn't the newest or highest starred hotel, but the staff are exceptional, I would definitely recommend the hotel on that alone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Booked a Hot Tub room here for new years eve. The only reason for booking the room was for the "Hot Tub", I couldve sat around home to watch tv. Long story short, upon filling up the hot tub, lighting a candle to kill the cigarette smell in this non smoking room, and getting a drink to start the young evening off, the "Hot Tub" DID NOT work! Mgt would have to call someone in off site to look at it, so we had to wait around a hour for that, quite the "buzzkill" if you get my drift. Maint. showed up, pushed the button and said its "broke" . All this prior to 6PM, in which we couldve cancelled this room at no charge. When we tried to leave, they would only give 50% refund, and general manager was less than cordial on the telephone. I filed a complaint with choice hotels, and they gave me 3000 points on my privilege card. Avoid this place, the plaster was falling down in the bathroom as well, and this place looks and feels, and smells OLD

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This hotel is so cheap that it has 13 watt lamps in its room fixtures. 13 Watt lamps might be good for romance, but not for reading after the sun has set. It was too dark.

To save money, this hotel does not heat the rooms until they have been rented. Our second floor room had carpeted floors. The floor was still cold to walk on in stockings. The individual room heater was totally inadequate. It would not bring the temperature up to a livable state in 25 degree weather.

This hotel is so cheap that I had to unplug the only only floor lamp to plug in my computer.

I hope that Choice Priviledges pulls this Quality Inn from their list.

Stayed December 2010

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!