“Great value...kids loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Best Western Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center to your Saves list
Best Western Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center
4343 South Street, Lafayette, IN 47905   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Indiana
“Great value...kids loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

After finding online coupons we took a little "staycation". Our boys, ages 5 and 7, loved the water park. We loved the price! Staff was friendly and room was clean. Breakfast wasn't included but, oh well, still couldn't beat the price.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Enroute from Chicago back to Cincinnati, it seemed I was almost in the middle of no-where and I was beginning to think I might not find a place to sleep for the night when I stumbled upon this Oasis of hotels and restaurants, Exit 126, Lafayette, IN.

As a smoker, I found it impossible to stay at any of my normal haunts because apparently a new law in IN bans smoking in all hotels/rooms. My next option was a place where it would at least be somewhat convenient to step out of the room and into the freezing cold night to have my smoke.

Fortunately, I found the Best Western which though non-smoking, did have rooms on the first floor with convient sliding glass doors where you can just step outside your room, and at a very reasonable rate.

I was greeted by a very friendly staff, and checked in quickly. No, they are not the most modern of rooms or the fanciest decor, but I did find the room quite nice, very clean and well equipped, and the bed was very comfortable. I also noticed they had an indoor pool and a sauna, though I didn't have time to enjoy.

While they do have an adjoining restaurant and bar, I chose to venture out and found that this place is surrounded with a very wide variety of great places to dine.

I enjoyed my stay, got a great night's rest and yes, I will definitely return if I am in need of a room in the area again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Battle Ground, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a great stay. Kids loved the water park. Was great place for them to wear off some energy!! Place was very clean and the decor was awesome. Loved the homely feel...made us feel at home. Would recommend this hotel to families with kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for four nights while visiting friends in town. Very friendly staff, a nice restaurant, clean and spacious room, and a central location right off the freeway. Better than many places I've paid more for. Very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2012
Williamsport, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Walking into the lobby area, we thought it was going to be a decent place. One of the elevators was broken, which made us nervous to take the others, so we took the stairs most of the time. The hallways immediately reminded my 15 year old of "The Shining". Our room was a decent size, but not so clean and very outdated. We discovered a used coffee filter in the coffee pot... eww. And when my husband was making sure we had everything before leaving he found 2 empty beer cans behind the curtain and cigarette butts on the tiny (I mean tiny!) "balcony". I regret paying $15 a piece for(5) passes to Bucaneer Bay! My 8 year old enjoyed it, but why in the world would you charge an adult for that place, or a teenager for that matter?! Maybe it was for the whirlpool because the one in the general pool area was a joke. I'm a big review reader before I buy anything, I wish I would've read a few MORE reviews on this one before booking it. I don't usually take the time to write reviews, because my family isn't hard to please. But come on BW- do yourself a favor and hire a better cleaning staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ShannonoNeil, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay at our hotel. Please email me or call me at 765-447-0575 ext. 123.
Stafford, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very nice motel and the price was very reasonable. Very friendly staff that was willing to do what it took to get you what you needed. Facilty is coveniently located near the interstate for a quick exit and re-entry. Ample parking and basically everything that you could want while traveling. Internet was extremely fast in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just off I-65 it was conveniently located and had everything we needed for a fun overnight stay with kids. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was delicious, a friend told us that lots of folks come here from around the area for a special treat. Lots of restaurants surround the hotel and there is a Wal-Mart just behind it. The kids had lots of fun in the evening and morning at the attached Buccaneer Bay Waterpark which was included in our hotel price (booking.com gave us a great rate including 5 passes to waterpark and breakfast, plus 10% off dinner). The waterpark was best for our 8 year old, our 12 year old had fun but was a little "big" for most of it, and our 6 year old was not quite tall enough (48" minimum) to do the waterslide but he LOVED everything else. Was way more crowded on Sat then on Sun. My husband enjoyed the very large and strong jacuzzi, and we all took a dip in the separate hotel pool too. Breakfast was a choice of 2 eggs, toast, bacon & hashbrowns or 2 very large pancakes and bacon plus 1 drink, which was plenty to eat for all of us. The a/c was loud and not super efficient but I'm a light sleeper and it was very hot in the area so no real complaints. We'll go back next time we're passing through!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Best Western Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center? Share your experiences!