“Nice for special occasions” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Mulberry, Indiana
“Nice for special occasions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I love Mountain Jacks and dine there two to three times a year due to price. It does help if you are a member of the e-mail club. They will send you coupons usually around your birthday, anniversary and a few other times during the year. They have the best prime rib and I am also a fan of their stuffed sirloin. My wife will usually order the salmon as well as the french onion soup. We were just there on Valentines day and had a wonderfull meal. Since it was V-day they hired a violinist that played songs around the restaurant. One thing I would like to see is a little remodeling. Sometimes you get a table with a little wobble as well as older chairs. The restrooms could also use a remodel.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette, Indiana
“Anniversary dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

A nice evening out and nice food. Service a little slow but it was very busy. The T-Loin filet was wonderful as was the Walleye. The server tried hard but the table side salad bar takes up a lot of time - as well as space. A little crowded. The drink prices per ounce were extremely high. I would have been embarrassed to serve a martini that small and that expensive. We like the place well enough that we'll go back but definitely our beverage will be water.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indiana
“Succulent prime rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I and another couple went to Mountain Jack's before attending a concert in Lafayette on Valentine's Day. We weren't familiar with the Lafayette area, so I searched a few websites to get a feel for what others recommended. Mountain Jack's got several high marks, so we decided to check it out. It was very crowded & I was glad we had a reservation. The staff was friendly & professional. The ambiance was very cozy. And the food was really good! The wine selection was decent and we enjoyed a nice bottle of Pinot. The salad was crisp & fresh and the house vinaigrette was excellent. Our friends loved the bleu cheese dressing. My husband had the filet mignon, and the other couple had the pork chop & tempured shrimp. They all enjoyed their food, but we all agreed my prime rib was some of the best we've ever tasted. Cooked to perfection & it practically melted in our mouths (I shared a bite with everyone!). Our server was efficient and spunky...we liked her very much. When we explained we were to attend a concert nearby & hoped to be on our way by a certain time, she assured us she would do her best & she didn't disappoint. They even had a roving violinist, who was quite good. I'm not sure if the violinist is a nightly feature or if they simply offer special music on special holidays. In any event, it was a nice touch. It was a very enjoyable evening. Our group would recommend Mountain Jack's and especially the prime rib!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rossville
“Delicious food great portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Experience was rewarding. Food was great - a little pricey, but not too bad. Steaks are excellent. It's a little dark inside, but homey

Lafayette, Indiana
“Exquisite local restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You used to find us eating here every year for our anniversary but for a couple of years now, we may be there 2-3 times a month. It is our very favorite local restaurant for elite dining.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere