“Best Chicken Tender” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Chicken Tender”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I tried Chicken tender with their signature sauce and it was so delicious !!
hot and crispy and with very unique and savory sauce..
it was the one of the best chicken tender that I've ever tried!
will go back to have them again !

Visited September 2013

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Great food, quiet enough for conversation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wear hearing aids and one of my challenges is being able to participate in a conversation in a noisy restaurant. We live in town and one of the reasons we frequent Spurlock's is that I can hear the other people at my table. The other reasons we come are the food and service; both of which are excellent.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crawfordsville, IN
“Quite possibly the worst restaurant experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just had possibly the worst experience of my life at a restaurant. My husband and I live in the area and are frequent customers of Spurlock's. Today, we ordered a carryout because we were in a hurry. We were told by the owner it would be 10-12 minutes, but when we arrived about 15 minutes later, they didn't have it ready. We paid for our meals and waited... and waited and waited ... while the owner and the sole waiter ran back and forth between the kitchen and dining room, delivering meals to other customers. Clearly, they were busy, but we were also in a hurry, hence the carryout request.

Finally, when it had been 23 minutes since we'd ordered, I told the owner we had no more time and we wanted our money back. He started yelling at me, saying things like "After all I've done for you!" and "I'm the owner! I don't care!"

It turns out the meals had been packaged and ready to go for several minutes, but he had never bothered to give them to us. After he yelled several times, "Do you want your money or your lunch?" we took our money back. No food for us. We have been loyal patrons of this restaurant for several years, but I can guarantee you we will NEVER be back. Too bad, because their food was really delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bremen, Indiana
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I were there July 20th, the eve of our 39th anniverary.
Our server was Kayla (not sure K or C), we had just a great time, and spent MORE time than we intended. We ordered a couple drinks and and Onion Ring appetizer, and we were really supprized at the size of the order, the we tasted it. They were one of, if not the Best Onion Rings we have ever eaten. The batter is really light, and has a bit of pepper, but is just SO tasty, that we will make the 110 mile trip again just to eat those, let alone the just superb service we recieved. We did tell Kayla our first names, and she addressed us with that the whole eveing. She did everything we ask, which was just sort of to be left alone, but yet be attentive and she was just so sweet and kind.
The rest of the food was just as good.
This place is just to the east of the Courthouse, which was a short walk from our hotel, (Holiday Inn City Center) on Main Street.
We definetly return