“Business trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
NE
“Business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel late last week on my way to a business trip about an hour south. I chose this hotel based off the other reviews. Overall I had a very enjoyable stay. The room had two suites, one with the beds and then a kitchen/living room area. It was great that you could shut the door between the rooms. The bathroom was very large and very clean. The furniture itself could use a bit of an update.

Be aware that when you check in you will most likely need to move your car, so do not pull out all of your luggage unless you don't mind repacking it. I arrived during some rain and learned the hard way. Perhaps some signage at the small circle drive indicating you can leave your car during check-in would eliminate this issue. The hotel is also in a bit of a square with a courtyard in the middle that has a swimming pool and basketball court. My room faced into a hallway, but one of the buildings opened right onto the parking lot. Just an FYI.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks for checking out our reviews and we are glad you had an enjoyable stay. We are excited to be ranked #1 and appreciate the suggestions by our guests.
We have an outstanding housekeeping staff that make us proud every day. We are getting new couches in the suites and new carpet. Some of the sutes already have these upgrades. We are anxiously awaiting for the rest to arrive so we can complete the hotel.
We appreciate the suggestion about the sign on the circle drive. This would be a plus for our traveler. The building opening to the parking lot are our Master Suites which are larger and they all have fireplaces. When you travel back to Lafayette and stay with us, try the Master Suite, you will be very pleased.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travel about 2 times/month and stay at luxury hotels. Homewood Suites satisfied me as much as the luxury hotels. Everything was excellent - from the moment I walked in until I left. My comfort and needs were their guarantee.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

The staff and I want to thank you for comparing Homewood Suites to a luxury hotel. We might not have a bellman but we always go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied. We are proud to be a Homewood Suites and part of the Hilton family.
We are happy the staff made you comfortable and you were completely satisfied-come back and see us soon!
Hebron, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just finished staying a week here and have to return next week. I chose this hotel based on the other reviews on trip adviser. I was not disappointed. Spacious suites, clean, great friendly staff. Hot breakfast in the morning varied everyday so you did not get bored with the food. Free wine and beer at night. I even had staff come to my table to take dirty dishes away and refill my wine. Dinner menu varies every night. Be aware it is only available M-Th if you are visiting for a weekend. Despite being in a commercial area I did not notice a lot of noise. Bed wasn't bad, lots of pillows, just a little firm for my comfort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you Trip Advisor-we have gained a loyal traveler from the site. We appreciate you viewing the reviews and appreciate you giving us a try.
We are so happy you enjoy our breakfast and dinner. Those are complimentary ammentities and we are glad that you found them to be a value. Even though they are free, we want both the breakfast and dinner to be tasty and appetizing for our guests. We always have a salad bar with our dinner entree and beer and wine.
Thanks again for staying with us and happy you found your home away from home here in Lafayette and are returning next week!
east chic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels ever, I love the fireplace suites. The rooms are large and comfortable. The mall and theaters are close by as well as many restaurants. We go to eat or grab take out go back and eat in front of the fire place and watch movies. The free breakfast also very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The staff and I appreciate the great review and glad that you love the fireplace. We are the only property in Lafayette that has this unique feature. It is great on a cold gloomy day-definately makes you feel like you are at home.
We are thrilled that we are one of your favorite hotels. The staff loved the comment as we strive to make all of our guest feel like they are right at thier own home. We want nothing more then to have our guest have a stress free stay.
Thanks again and keep staying at Hilton's-they are the best! See you next trip!
Solon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fantastic property! The hotel staff is phenomenal! Every morning was a hot breakfast waiting for me in the reception area, the food was fantastic and the serving staff was so nice. Every evening I came "home" to dinner, again served by the nicest staff you will ever meet, and free beer/wine :-D. I can't say enough about how nice the staff was during my year at this home away from home. The rooms were great, very clean and up to date. I've stayed several times since then on personal trips. Its always a pleasure to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
How lucky are we to have you staying with us for such a long extended period of time. We are so happy that you felt like this was your home away from home-we strive for this with all of our guests. The staff and I are pleased that you not only enjoyed them but our breakfast and dinner options and our accommodations. We want to provide a pleasant and lasting experience for our guests as we did you. Thanks for the high five!
We are glad to hear that you still stay with us on personal trips and will always be happy to have you come home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel during my business trips. It's clean, the rooms are large/comfortable and the staff is great! There are several new restaurants and retail that is only blocks away. The free breakfast is great! I highly recommend this location for business or family travel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I want to thank you for your awesome review. We are glad you have chosen our hotel every time when you are in Lafayette. We know there are other choices in the area and appreciate your loyalty.
It is nice to have the new restarurants and shopping just blocks away. Our guest now have even more choices when they stay.
The breakfast team will be thrilled that you enjoyed the food and appreciate your recommendation to business and family travelers.
See you on your next trip!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

this hotel is all you need when you visit Lafayette, Indiana! This is our 2nd time staying here and we were just as impressed this time around as we was the first time we stayed!
super clean, comfortable, excellent employees and this time we tried the breakfast...AWESOME!! served on actual dishes not styrofoam disposables! 2 for 2....not one complaint!! close to tons of restaurants and shopping :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 for 2-we like it! We appreciate you taking the time to review us! The staff and I are so happy that you have had 2 great experiences. Glad you tried the breakfast and found it was an awesome value.
Come back and see us again and it will be a 3-Peat!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!