“If I could afford it, I'd just live here” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now, save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
Virginia
“If I could afford it, I'd just live here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I always try to stay at Hilton Hotels whenever possible, and for longer stays, you can't beat the suites. Being like mini-apartments, it's much more comfortable and seems less like a hotel room.

Great room, very clean and comfortable. Full service kitchen with full size fridge, mini stove, dishwasher, etc. Good internet speed. Easy access and parking. Every staff member i've ran into has been very nice. Pricing good. Didn't get to try the free dinners, so I can't cooment on those.

The area has lots of shopping and food choices nearby. Being close to a large university, you usually find plenty of both.

If I could change anything, they should add a trash can in the kitchen/living room area, and the couch in the "living room" area is pretty hard. I have a lower back injury from a recent fall, so it's just a little to hard for my needs.

Overall, great place. Would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
The staff and I want to thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest. We appreciate you seeking out our hotels when traveling. The Homewood Suites hotels are ideal for long term stays but are perfect for short term also. Why not spoil yourself no matter how long you stay-you deserve it!
Thanks for the wonderful comments about the accommodations and the staff. We are blessed to have such dedicated team members and an ownership that takes care of the property.
We appreciate the suggestion about the trash can location. The couches are new so they are still a little stiff-sorry. We do have a recliner in storage that would be great for your back-please let the front desk know the next time you stay and we will deliver it to your suite.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was a sudden trip, funeral of a close family member. We read all the reviews on Trip Advisor. Homewood Suites was very highly recommended. I was not disappointed. The staff was great. The kids burnt the one bag of complementary popcorn and the staff brought them some more. The hot chocolate in the lobby was awesome, especially when it was 14 degrees outside. The fireplace was so cozy! The ceiling fan in the bedroom had a wire loose and did not work,every effort was made on the staff's part to correct the problem. Our room was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! When we checked out the sweet manager sent muffins with us for our drive home. I was so impressed, and will always look for a Homewood Suites where ever we stay.

Room Tip: The first floor was great. we parked right in front of our room and had no steps to go up and down.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are sorry to hear about your loss. We are happy that you stayed with us at this difficult time and we were able to make you and your family comfortable.
The staff and I want to thank you for all the wonderful compliments about our amentities and our associates. Our housekeeping staff is the best in our city. Thanks for the heads up on the ceiling fan, we appreciate the partnership we have with our guests.
Glad you enjoyed the muffins and it is ours and Homewood Suites daily goal to Outrageously Please our Guest-we call it OPOG!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My business colleagues and I have enjoyed the excellent service and ambience at this hotel of choice for the past ten years, while attending an annual multi-day professional educational conference at nearby Purdue University. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are well-maintained, and the complimentary breakfast/dinners are pleasant and quite a bargain.

Room Tip: During the winter months, it is nice to be near the office and its many amenities.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
The staff and I want to thank you for your loyalty to our property. There has been other brand hotels that have sprung up over the past 10 years and we are so happy you continue to choose us while you are attending the Purdue conference. We pride ourselves in our well maintained accommodations and our attentive staff. The team is dedicated to making our guest feel at home. We appreciate the wonderful review and will see you next January!
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

What a pleasant suprise! The staff here is very friendly and helpful with everything. The entire facility is clean and well maintained. We did not get a chance to use any of the extras for fun/relaxation however, the rooms were and we had a great breakfast! Maria's roasted rosenmary potatoes are wonderful! I will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
The staff and I are so glad you found us! We appreciate the wonderful 5 star review.
We are so lucky to have Maria as one of our attentive team members. She will be thrilled that you enjoyed her roasted potatoes-let us know when you are in the area again so we can put them on the menu for you!
Kingman, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is a great buy. Full kitchen, separate bedroom, extremely clean and quiet. Service and staff are always extremely pleasant and helpful. This is my place of choice to stay in Lafayette, and I always recommend it to business travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I want to thank you so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate you recommending our hotel. The staff works very hard to WOW all of our guests and make them feel like they are at home.
We appreciate your loyalty and will be anxious to serve you again!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was once again in Lafayette and had bought a gift certificate at a silent auction a few months ago that this hotel had donated. Karen the General Manager was so kind and helpful in booking this stay.

I arrived at the hotel and the gentleman working at the front desk was so friendly and efficient! We got to our suite and it was just perfect. The cleanliness was unsurpassed and you literally had everything you could ever need right there in the room! The bed was very comfortable and the linens were very comfortable!

We went to the breakfast in the morning and there were great selections and it was definitely more than an average hotel breakfast. The attendant for the breakfast was always coming around and asking if we needed anything and was very helpful.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for a few reasons:

1. It is a high quality property that clearly has a staff that wants to make your stay awesome.

2. SO SO Clean! Looked like a brand new room!

3. As I said in the beginning of the review...this was a stay that they donated to the local music department. I just see on the news with schools struggling to make ends meet to keep their music departments funded and this hotel did what they could to help a school in their community. There is a lot to be said about this.

Bravo Homewood Suites Lafayette!!

Room Tip: We were in room 222 and it was just wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The staff and I are thrilled that you were happy with your service and accommodations. It is "normal" for us to go above and beyond We want all of our guests to feel at home. Every guest is welcomed and pampered.
We enjoy being a part of the community and helping organizations with auction items. We also feel this a great way to advertize our wonderful hotel. It is a win win for both the association and us.
Hope we will see you again soon!
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is a WOW. Although I travel a lot and stay in hotels around the country, I have never written a review. This was my second stay here in a year and this time I decided I I must post a review. I like extended stay properties and this Homewood Suites is the best! My fireplace suite was huge and very clean, attractive and truly felt like a home -- with nice touches like popcorn for a late night snack. The entire staff, including the front desk people, the housekeeping staff, and the meal hosts, are unbelievably gracious and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed during my three-day stay. I especially enjoyed the morning and evening meals in the attractive lodge. Their free shuttle even took me to a movie and picked me back up! I definitely plan to come back because this is an ideal property for business or pleasure. This is the only place I would stay in the Lafayette area.

Room Tip: Fireplace suites add a special ambience
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are honored that you took the time to write this wonderful review. We love the WOW and are so happy that you find our hotel to be your home away from home-perfect-just what we want our guests to experience!
I am excited about your kind words not only about our accommodations and our amentities but about our attentive staff-they make it happen and know the meaning of guest service.
We hope you come back to visit us soon
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!