“Great place to stay for Purdue games!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now, save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
popolanos225@comcast.net
“Great place to stay for Purdue games!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while taking in a Purdue football game. Wonderful place with clean rooms, plenty of space for a family, very comfortable beds and a great breakfast in the morning. This is right off the highway where there were plenty of things to do after the game and places to eat. You do have to drive to the stadium but it was only about 10 min.

Room Tip: Very similar to a Embassy Suites with the two different rooms, I enjoyed this for privacy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Go Boilers! We appreciate you staying with us while visiting Lafayette. The staff and I are thrilled that you have tried several hotels in town and rank us number one! We value your opinion about our staff and our accommodations and glad we exceeded your expectations.
Apologize for the couches, they are brand new and placed in your suite on that Thursday. We are hoping they will soften up as time goes on-but thanks for the heads up!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a Purdue Grad I go back occasionally for a game or whatever. Pickings can be somewhat slim in the area and so far I have found this hotel to be by far and away the best option in Lafayette. Booked a King suite. When I arrived at check in the staff was great and let me know that it was a tailgate happy hour. So I grabbed a few free wings and a couple of beers before heading up to my room. When I got to my room it was very nice. Totally legit suite with kitchen, not just some regular room with a sink and a toaster. The layout was nice with the bathroom shower and toilet being able to be separtated from sink and bedroom. Kitchen was fully furnished with full size fridge. The room even had a gas fireplace in in. The only down size was the couch was very uncomfortable. In the morning went down for the complimentary breakfast which was very nice. Eggs, bacon, juice, waffles etc..

All in all the facilities were great, staff excellant and it was a good value. I will stay here when in town from now on

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Go Boilers! The staff and I want to thank you for the great review of our property. We appreciate your comments and the ranking the Homewood as the number one place to stay in Lafayette!
We will be anxious to serve you again!
Apologize for the couches, they are brand new and placed in your suite on that Thursday. We are hoping they will soften up as time goes by-thanks for the heads up!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dear fellow travelers, apologies for the "trivial" title, but I meant it when I said it felt like home!

To start with, it was very nice to come back to the area 15 years after I graduated from Purdue.. but to continue with, the reason why I came back was not for fun - I came to Lafayette to attend funeral of my very close friend. Due to an emergency (as always, in such case), I had to make it from DC to Lafayette within one day. The hotel was initially reserved for 2 nights, I made a call from the road and got a room one day prior my reservation. When we arrived tired and exhausted after 11 hour trip, the room was ready, we got the keys and were told by the front desk that we could still make it for the Manager's Reception. Nice!

The room (a 1BR suite) was spotless and spacious, and had a very smart design. There were two of us, but 3-4 people could have been easily accommodated in it. We had some probs with the bath tub, but the help arrived and it was fixed. A full kitchen is a big plus cause there is a large Walmart super-center walking distance from the hotel (plus a small shopping plaza).
However, if the one stays during the week, s/he doesn't even need a kitchen -- the breakfast has the greatest selection of freshly cooked food I ever had in my life.. and every weeknight (except Fridays) from 5 to 7 there is a so called Manager's Reception meaning.. full dinner! The atmosphere in the lobby is always very welcoming and we came for an early breakfast at the day of our departure, both fireplaces were running because of the super-cold temperatures.

The hotel is not in a walking distance from either W. Lafayette or Lafayette, but a nice feature is a complementary shuttle to Purdue campus - inquire at the front desk, park your car at the hotel lot and take a shuttle to mingle with the student crowds at the Union. Also, there is a free Wi Fi in the rooms and a complementary business center in the lobby.

Last but not least... Hotel staff is a gem. The front desk, the maintenance guys, the cooks and the hosts, the cleaning ladies... thank you for your efforts! This is definitely one of the most well-maintained and organized Hilton properties! Hope to be back some day!

Room Tip: The hotel is not on the main road, so the rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kenosha, Wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great location - Friendly staff and nice evening dinner and drinks. Breakfast in the morning is more than enough. This was my second time there. Rooms are clean and spacious. The front desk people are always nice and can offer suggestions and coupons for nearby restaurants. There is a nice steak house within walking distance that is good - Mountain Jacks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our stay at the Homewood Suites in Lafayette was great. The suites are very private and comfortable and the staff is friendly and very accomodating. My Husband and I were staying to attend a wedding and were given an easy access room for our early arrival. After enjoying the events of the evening we were late getting up and missed our complementary breakfast. I called the front desk and they delivered breakfast to our room.

I will definately stay at Homewood Suites in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Camden, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is older, but kept very clean. The staff is what makes this place THE hotel to stay at in the Lafayette area. We had a housefire and lived here for 8 months. The service and smiles were consistent the ENTIRE time we stayed here. Maid service was always on time and always excellent. The breakfast staff (Maria especially) spoiled my family so much that we didn't want to leave. The front desk staff (Jodi was A M A Z I N G) took care of the million insurance issues we had for us, they always made sure to let us know what was going on and how they were taking care of the financial side of things. I just could not have asked for a better place to stay during such a difficult time of our lives. I can't thank the staff at this hotel enough for helping us through.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room to help muffle the traffic noise. This hotel is on a busy road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here during a recent tennis tournament and found a hidden gem. The exterior exit may be daunting during the winter months, but during the summer it was a lovely surprise. Breakfast is robust and the kitchen with a full fridge, ice maker etc was great. The fact that you have a separate living/dining room from the bedroom meant the kids could have some fun while you read, worked or slept. Construction was an issue, but that's a Lafayette issue, not a hotel issue. Close to a bunch of restaurants and across the parking lot from a full Walmart...can't be beat.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!