“Convient location to all business/restaurants.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
LaPorte, Indiana
“Convient location to all business/restaurants.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this location. We stayed for 2 days for a bowling tournament. No jacuzzi downstairs with the pool which was a bummer but the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good. Housekeeping didn't make the bed only changed the towels. That's not something I see all the time.
Elevator is slow so get some exercise and take the stairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a two-day conference on Purdue campus on March 4-6. This hotel was in pristine condition, the bed was perhaps the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on, and the entire hotel seemed spotless. If I hadn't actually asked the staff how long the hotel had been open, I would have thought it had just opened the week prior. One thing I was particularly pleased with and that is often overlooked by hotels is having an electrical outlet near the bed to charge my phone at night. It's such a simply thing, but I can't count the number of times I've been frustrated because there is nowhere to plug in my phone on the nightstand and use it as an alarm clock in the morning. Only have two very minor quibbles - 1.) I'd like to see a few extra toiletry items in the bathroom just as some q-tips, mouthwash, etc and 2.) the shower had what I call "sticky water." Not sure if that is because it was too hard or too soft but I go crazy when I try to rinse in the shower and I feel like there is still slime on me. I have a feeling this is more to do with the municipal water supply though instead of something the hotel controls. All in all, a fantastic hotel that I will be certain to return to on any future trips to the Lafayette area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days and were very pleasantly surprised at how clean the whole property was - inside and out - and the suite was huge! I have stayed at the Hilton in downtown Lafayette on previous visits, but they were booked this time so I chose Holiday Inn Express instead - that was to my benefit because the price was better and the rooms were just as nice. This is my new first choice when staying in Lafayette.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The employes were great and friendly and helped with everything we needed! They were so kind to credit us back a night when we were stranded in another location due to weather! This is a place I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NW IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the newest hotels in this area.
We have stayed in several others when in the area-I would stay here again.

The breakfast was fine. The person running it was working as hard as she could to keep up. She said everyone seemed to come at once.

The staff was friendly, the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Everything was clean. Slept very well.

• Stayed February 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this property while visiting Purdue University. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-65 and just a 15-20 minute drive from the University. Check-in was quick and easy - the front desk staff was extremely friendly. The room was large with 2 queen beds, a microwave, and mini-fridge. When we checked in, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The linens, pillows (they provide both soft and firm), towels were great.

A few issues we encountered:

1. When closing the door to the room, you must pull/push very hard to be sure the door is actually closed.

2. We were in room 323 which is right next to the elevator. The sound of the elevator motor is very clearly heard in this room (I imagine the same would be true for the second floor room), so ask to be switched if you get this room on check in.

3. The breakfast room is large with a nice selection, but is very poorly run. At 9 am the first morning (breakfast is served until 9:30), they were out of forks, sausage, hot water and pancake batter. We had to inform the staff. They put out additional forks and hot water. At some point they did add batter to the pancake machine (we saw people making pancakes). When I finally had an opportunity to use the machine, it was out of batter and was told they would not refill it because breakfast was over (9:25).

When I spoke to the front desk, they were very apologetic and credited our account with 2,000 points.

4. Our room was only partially cleaned the second day. Beds were made and clean towels left, but the bathroom was not cleaned, the soap and shampoo were not replenished, and no clean cups were left.

When I spoke with the front desk about this, they were once again very apologetic and took $20 off of our stay for that night (all we asked for was to have someone bring the missing items to our room, they proactively offered the room discount).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel itself appears new, well kept, and clean. The staff was friendly and attentive to my needs. The thing that stood out for them was their desire to assist me when I was in trouble. I managed to leave my headlights on overnight and woke up to a dead car battery. After checking around, they located a staff member with jumper cables who was kind enough to jump start my car. When you are far from home and on a tight business schedule, it is nice to have a hotel staff that will go a step above and beyond to help you out!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East? Share your experiences!