“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Lexington, Kentucky
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels in the Lafayette area. I stay here everytime I am in town. The staff is great, the rooms are always clean (immaculate). The service and attention that I receive when I am here is wonderful. I consider this my home away from home whenever I am traveling. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting comfort, cleanliness and a helpful staff. This hotel is will worth the stay!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We were pleased with this hotel, on many levels ranging from cleanliness, comfort and lighting of the hotel and our room, to friendliness and integrity of staff. They even called us to let us know my wedding ring was found in the room... Before I had noticed this myself. We make this trip a few times a year and will definitely make holiday inn express in Lafayette our regular overnight stop.

• Stayed December 2012
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I spent several days at the HI for a get-away. The staff was very friendly and helpful and answered several question about restuarants in the area. The breakfast bar was well maintain, cann't say a whole lot about the food but it was free. Our room was very nice, the lights were bright enough to see and read, the bed was great, we did not want to get up in the morning. One thing I do not understand is why do hotels still keep using old fashion bathtubs, no one uses those anymore, just give us walk in showers. The heating and cooling system was great, no problems. Next time we want to get away, it is back to Lafayette. Just down the street from the HI is a great place to eat, Mountain Jack's, good old fashion service and great food, try it out. Thanks.

Room Tip: Make reservation via front desk and you will get a better discount, just don't go when there is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reynoldsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great service at front desk....new clean property...comfortable room...good breakfast. Will definitely stay again on return trips to Purdue. Easy access to I65 and plenty of restaurants nearby. Pancakes and cinnamon rolls were best parts of breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had to go to the area on business. Usually I don't expect or look for much in a hotel, so anything good is a bonus. Friendly greeting, room was clean, pretty good location, and most importantly the bed was fairly comfortable.

If I could make one suggestion...breakfast starts at 6:30, a bit late for some business travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Lafayette was just an overnight stop, but it was so nice that I was wishing that it was our final, multi-night stop. The hotel is new, clean, and attractive. The comfortable king bed provided a great night's sleep. The location was convenient to the interstate but far enough off the road to be quiet. The complimentary breakfast provided the usual HIE hot and cold items and, of course, the yummy cinnamon rolls. Wi-fi connectivity was good and convenient in our guest room, and the work desk and task chair provided a good space for working. The refrigerator and microwave are always a plus. The upholstered chair and ottoman were comfortable for watching the flat panel LG TV which had great picture quality. This hotel was everything that we have come to expect in HIE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked this hotel for Homecoming weekend at Purdue as it was the only place available. Hotel was extremely overpriced, but it was our only option. Booked a king suite as we had three adults in our party. Pull out bed in couch was in "living area" between the entrance/kitchen and the bedroom. There was no light in the entire area which made it quite dark and the frig. was placed against the wall opposite the couch. It seems the frig. was to big to fit in the designed opening in the kitchen so the large hole sat vacant while the frig. was awkwardly placed against the wall in the living area. Hairdryer in the bathroom came unscrewed from it's wall mounting and fell on the counter. Asked front desk for additional blanket as the one on the bed was very thin and got one with a blood stain on it. For a new hotel it apprears that it was put up in a hurry and attention to detail was overlooked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear KCKansasCity,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good and competitive value. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East? Share your experiences!