“nice new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reynoldsburg
“nice new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great service at front desk....new clean property...comfortable room...good breakfast. Will definitely stay again on return trips to Purdue. Easy access to I65 and plenty of restaurants nearby. Pancakes and cinnamon rolls were best parts of breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had to go to the area on business. Usually I don't expect or look for much in a hotel, so anything good is a bonus. Friendly greeting, room was clean, pretty good location, and most importantly the bed was fairly comfortable.

If I could make one suggestion...breakfast starts at 6:30, a bit late for some business travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Lafayette was just an overnight stop, but it was so nice that I was wishing that it was our final, multi-night stop. The hotel is new, clean, and attractive. The comfortable king bed provided a great night's sleep. The location was convenient to the interstate but far enough off the road to be quiet. The complimentary breakfast provided the usual HIE hot and cold items and, of course, the yummy cinnamon rolls. Wi-fi connectivity was good and convenient in our guest room, and the work desk and task chair provided a good space for working. The refrigerator and microwave are always a plus. The upholstered chair and ottoman were comfortable for watching the flat panel LG TV which had great picture quality. This hotel was everything that we have come to expect in HIE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked this hotel for Homecoming weekend at Purdue as it was the only place available. Hotel was extremely overpriced, but it was our only option. Booked a king suite as we had three adults in our party. Pull out bed in couch was in "living area" between the entrance/kitchen and the bedroom. There was no light in the entire area which made it quite dark and the frig. was placed against the wall opposite the couch. It seems the frig. was to big to fit in the designed opening in the kitchen so the large hole sat vacant while the frig. was awkwardly placed against the wall in the living area. Hairdryer in the bathroom came unscrewed from it's wall mounting and fell on the counter. Asked front desk for additional blanket as the one on the bed was very thin and got one with a blood stain on it. For a new hotel it apprears that it was put up in a hurry and attention to detail was overlooked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear KCKansasCity,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good and competitive value. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were spotless , and the beds were comfortable ! The people so friendly! They went out if their way to be helpful. There were cookies! It was also located near restaurants and groceries . Parking was easy and free.

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

seemed very new, it was nice, clean, decent beds (they even mark the pillows "soft' & "hard" ) breakfast was great. overall a good stay and would recomend to anyone. If i had anything bad to say, the TV was kinda small?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Okay, this would be the first time I've written a review before my stay is over at a hotel but my disappointment with this hotel is that great.

Friday:
At check-in in evening, I was greeted with no smile, no hello, no welcome to put it plainly the person I now know as Charlies was just miserable. He made me feel like an inconvenience and my husband who is the easiest going person in the world commented on "how rude the guy was" you're in the hospitality industry....show some. The bags reserved to be given to Priority Club members at check-in, guess what? I didn't receive one. He did bring coffee to the room when requested because we had nothing but decaf and after he pointed out that he was on his own. My brother who is also in the industry said "you should never tell a guest that because you make them feel unwanted". Congrats, he did.

Saturday:
Housekeeping was appalling, after returning from a day out we did not find a cleaned room instead we found ,the beds were just thrown together, the crumbs on the carpet was still there from the evening before, the bathroom was not cleaned including the toilet and they did not replenish any items used but towels. I had to request toilet paper....I spoke to Marion in Housekeeping who assured me it would be resolved when we returned from dinner and most was but the toilet was still not cleaned, coffee but no creamer, sugar and 2 cups for a family suite.

The hotel:
It's new and looks nice in the entrance but no mirror or garbage can in master bedroom of family suite, elevator was referred to by a guest as sounding like an "plane taking off", the toilet shakes and vibrates when flushed and requires two flushes. Two tiny garbage cans in a 2 room suite, a family suite should qualify for more than 2 styrofoam plates and two sets of plastic knives and forks. A family suite would usually occupy more than just two people.

The only saving grace about this hotel is Li Li, the sweet , friendly and pleasant young lady. She gave me the Priority Gift Bag and apologised for our experience. I was offered 2,000 priority pass points to make up for the issues she said per her manager. I paid $189 for 2 nights and $129 for 1 night. This hotel is not worth anything close to what I've paid, the service is no better than a motel. I don't mind paying for service received at a hotel and sometimes I've paid a ridiculous amount but in this instance I've paid for a service and did not receive anything close to what I've paid for.

We've stayed at the Courtyard in Lafayette when it was new and just completed, I would say 4 times and Homewood Suites in Lafayette the rest of times I've visited and I've always given both excellent ratings. I would suggest this hotel's management ask the Homewood Suites management for assistance with training their staff because I've never had nothing but excellent service from the Homewood Suites' staff and I wish I did not make the choice to try this hotel. The staff comes off as lazy and not caring about the guests with the exception of Li Li.

At this time I cannot recommend this hotel and I doubt if I would stay here again. I appreciate the gesture of the 2,000 points but at this point I would have expected a discount on at least one night of my stay in addition to the points.

Bad show by the staff and management. I do not like to give hotels a poor ratings and I'm surprised that I'm doing so for a hotel in Lafayette because until now I've had nothing but really good experiences in the friendly City. Due to the homecoming weekend I had to pre-pay for this hotel, so I'm stuck or else I would leave. Please know, this is not the first time I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but it's by far the worst.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Versailles2011,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We value all our Priority Club members so I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East? Share your experiences!