“Very good for a 1 night stop.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Very good for a 1 night stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for over 20 years 1 to 3 times a year after after the Indy 500 and other races in Indianaplols. it's a very clean and well priced places to stay for a night. the front desk lady who actually recognizes me Everytime is very nice and helpful and cheery. recently they put In a new lobby and updated room. It was always ok, but since the upgrades and the breakfast bar it's much better. The biggest plus is one of my favorite places for a non overpriced great porterhouse steak and all around good meal is "Mountian Jacks" Restauraunt which is Right next door. For under $100 and good nights sleep this place cant be beat.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Red Roof Inn, Lafayette. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to give every guest the best experience possible. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Travel plans were delayed so we arrived very late. Check in was a breeze, & as usual the staff was very attentive to our needs. Room was clean, & flat screen TV was a plus. Area is very quiet, & there are many restaurants near by. As usual well worth the price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dixon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is red roof inn was clean and room was newly renovated. The outside needed to be painted. The door to the rooms looked horrible.They said they were waiting on a person to come paint doors. We asked to check room first and that was no problem. The front desk clerk (evening shift and morning shift) was very nice... Nice room for the price.

Room Tip: numerous restaurants around
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel to Lafayette, Indiana on a monthly basis. I try to find Clean and Comfortable properties at an economical price. I favor and recommend the Red Roof Inn, because it offers the very things i require. The rooms are always very clean, it's easy to get in and out and the staff is excellent. Mr. Patel the General Manager is always willing to provide me with an extra hour for checkout when I request it. This property is also close to many good eating establishments. They offer a nice breakfast as well.
Jim H.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for two nights. The room was on the small side but very nice. It appeared that the room had indeed been remodeled recently, with a big flat panel tv and modern looking sink. The room seemed to be exceptionally clean. The only problem I had is that the front door didn't seal tight, letting in a lot of cold air on a night that was cold and extremely windy, so I stuffed a towel in the crack. To be fair, I didn't notice any problem on the first night, when the weather was much milder; and I didn't report the problem to the front desk. The price of the room was certainly attractive (and the make-your-own-waffle breakfast was a big plus for me). Overall, I would recommend this motel, and I plan to stay here again when I return to Lafayette.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We got into town and found no rooms available at most hotel/motels because of a conference. After driving around we were happy to find Red Roof Inn still had rooms available and took a king-size for $55. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but smelled of smoke. I was not delighted but this seems to be par for the course at motels. The room and bathroom looked very clean, and the bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator but no microwave as advertised - the manager said he could add one but we declined as by that time we just wanted to get to sleep. So... things were going ok until the morning when I saw 3 tiny ants on the bathroom floor. As my husband pointed out, ants in winter is not a great sign. We got out of there as soon as we could.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I apologize for your experience while visiting our inn. Cleanliness is a very important concern to us and I'm glad you found your room to be well kept and the bed comfortable. Unfortunately, despite having done an extensive remodel, there are still some challenges we face doing business in a 30+ year old building. Like any other older building, it is prone to the occasional insect visitor. We do the best we can to stay ahead of it, and are successful in eradicating all but the most harmless of insects, with frequent visits from the exterminator. We are committed to giving every guest the best experience possible and I am sorry we fell short this time. Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback and I hope for the opportunity in the future to provide the level of service you were expecting.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

About half the Red Roofs that I have stayed at have been remodeled. This is one of them. I had a room upstairs. It was very quiet after housekeeping and their children left.

Inside is much better than it looks on the outside. New carpet, nice furniture, very nice vanity with a cool, modern sink. The shower was nice and hot.

BREAKFAST! Most Red Roofs do not offer breakfast. This was a nice surprise including Hot waffles.

My only problem was that at 5:45 AM a trash truck banging the dumpster woke me up.

Nice little place for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our convenient location to. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide you with great service and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!