“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
Rome, Italy
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was there for 4 nights. I took the king bed.
Good hotel, great staff (gentle and nice), clean room and clean sheets, good position and price.
Walmart near to the hotel and reachable by foot.
The breakfast is sufficient.
I suggest it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our convenient location to. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide you with great service and we hope to see you again soon.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alexandria, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We just stayed overnight on our way home from Chicago. The room was extremely small but, it met our needs. We chose this motel because it is pet friendly. Room was clean. Front desk agent was very nice. And it was. very reasonable

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in this motel for five days in October 2012.

Positives:

1. Very nice free continental breakfast (bagels, waffles, juice, cereal)

2. Convenient location

3. Very clean

4. Relatively low traffic noise

5. Free internet for laptops

6. The beds are firm and comfortable

Negatives:

1. The room was quite warm -- overwhelmingly so without running the loud fan. We weren't able to locate any kind of temperature control. We found the room too warm to sleep in without the fan running all night

2. Internet didn't work for iPads or iPhones. The desk clerk was unable to help

Overall, I'd recommend staying here -- the motel is good value for the price. We'll probably stay here when we visit Lafayette in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our convenient location too. I'm sorry to hear that your room was too warm. Each room has it's own independent heating unit that can be set to your preference by using the dial marked "heat". Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide you with great service and we hope to see you again soon.
Westville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My granddaughter had to make 4 trips to Lafayette in the past 6 weeks. The Management and staff were extremely helpful and kind in helping make her reservations over the phone.
She was very pleased with her room and their hospitality. Should another trip to Lafayette
come up in the future, we will certainly go back to the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Englewood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband & I stayed just to get a few hrs sleep and safely continue our journey from S FL to Northern MI. Honestly, haven't heard any tv reports about bedbugs and this never crossed my mind until reading reviews from OTHER HOTELS-- NOT RED ROOF!!! I DID NOT see BUGS OF ANY SORT, but the overall cleanliness left something to desire. Now, after reading reviews of UNRELATED HOTELS, and guests being bitten by bed bugs I only wish I would've researched/asked when the West LaFayette, IN Red Roof Inn was inspected by health officials & whether or not there were any problems during the last health inspection.
I want to be CLEAR--- I SAW NO BUGS OF ANY KIND IN OUR ROOM AT THE RED ROOF INN in West Lafayette, IN on 8/23/2012. But, I'll definitely do my due diligence on ANY hotel I ever stay in again.
I'm not asking for much--- a clean room, c'mon. Please have the housekeepers clean corners, vacuum BEHIND objects, especially still visible to the naked eye. Isn't that why we are charged for the rooms--- cleaning, maintenance, upkeep?

Room Tip: Ask about most recent inspection, or ask a local for a recommendation, someone who finds importance...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for your experience while visiting our inn. We try and make sure every guest has the best experience possible and I am sorry your experience was not as you thought it should be. Cleanliness is a very important concern to us as well, and I'm glad you found no indication, either through other reviews or in your own inspection, of bedbugs at our inn. Other hotels have had problems in the past, but I can assure you, we are not them. The majority of our reviews are quite positive for this reason. Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback and I hope for the opportunity in the future to provide the level of service you were expecting.
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked because it was pet friendly. No charge and no size limit restrictions. Mapquest directions were not good and hotel staff helped us get there via the phone. Hotel was a lot more modern than I expected for the price. And I could not believe they offered continental breakfast. Because of our experience, we looked for a Red Roof Inn on our way home as well.

South Charleston, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of the ratings. However, we were very disappointed. Our room reaked of smoke and we asked to move to another room. Next room was wall to wall spider webs and just didn't feel clean. Was ok for the few hours We stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for your experience while visiting our inn. Due to the new smoke-free air policy adopted by our state legislature, we did recently have to convert rooms previously reserved for smoking guests into non-smoking rooms. Thank you for extending some understanding on that point. This was a difficult transition as smoke is a very persistent smell. I'm very sorry it caused you inconvenience. We try and make sure every guest has the best experience possible and I am sorry your experience with our housekeeping staff not as you thought it should be. I have reviewed our service policies with all of my team members and I hope for the opportunity in the future to provide the level of service you were expecting.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!