“A true bed and breakfast type of hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Wisconsin
“A true bed and breakfast type of hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find out that not only was our suite clean and well appointed, that a full hot breakfast was served but we were treated to a lasagne and wine dinner from 5 to 7 pm. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: With all of the hotel choices at this exit of I-65 this is by far the best value.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were delighted to receive a free upgrade upon check-in (we are rewards members) We really enjoyed our 2 bedroom - 2 bath suite with a full kitchen and living room area as we were traveling with our adult son to visit colleges in the Midwest. SJ was an enthusiastic staff member and was very welcoming and gave us all the information we needed for our 2 night stay. We also enjoyed the manager's dinner on our weekday visit

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I usually stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton and Marriott's Residence Inn properties. This was definitely a step down from those, although the price is the same if not a bit higher. I travel A LOT for work and frequently stay weeks at a time, so in regard to extended stay hotels, I'm very opinionated!

Back to the TownePlace Suites Lafayette...furniture is over-croweded and dated (early 90s). The headboard isn't even attached to the bed. Closet space leaves a lot to be desired. The bathroom in my one bedroom suite is much larger than necessary. They could cut out half the bathroom and add to the closet space. I don't like that the work desk is in the bedroom right next to the bed, and because I work out of my hotel half the day, I don't want to work next to where I sleep. The kitchen silverware is cheap-o dollar store brand and looks like something they picked up at a Goodwill Store...very used and unappetizing to look at.

The good... Room seems very clean. I know this because I have a dog. I judge a room's cleanliness by how long my dog spends sniffing around when we arrive. More than a couple minutes of sniffing means not clean. Pet fee is a flat $75; reasonable. The staff here seem extremely friendly and helpful. I would give this hotel 5 stars for cleanliness and staff.

Overall, if you're an out of town construction worker, this is probably the place to stay (I've seen many here). Because this place feels more like hanging out in a dorm room than being on a business trip, I wouldn't recommend it for business professionals.

Room Tip: Hotel staff is accomodating if you request your preference ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The best thing about the Townplace Suites in Lafayette is the actual separate bedroom. Lots of suites are just a big room with a half-wall, but this 1 br suite was a good size. Having a kitchenette is nice too.

The rate (gov't rate) was good. The staff was very friendly, and the GM was onsite, and was very nice and friendly and helpful.

Note that this hotel (and almost all others) aren't really close or convenient to Purdue. Expect to take 1/2 hour to get to campus.

The bed was fine, although my wife thought it wasn't very comfortable. The a/c kicked on pretty loudly but was easy enough to get used to. Internet was free and fast and easy (no silly passwords to enter).

Breakfast was fine - a few extras like biscuits & gravy, no typical hotel waffle machine. Just an observation - only good or bad if you like or hate hotel waffles.

Our room could have used a bit of updating. We thought the sink was slow, but the pull-thing to use the drain was missing. The shower drained terribly & grossly slowly. It could be a coincidence that both plumbing things were just in our room.

Would we stay here again? It would depend on the rate. There are a lot of other properties around here, but if the rate was right, we'd stay again - but we would look around first. I know there are a lot of properties around the Lafayette area that are not as nice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Upon checking in, we were greeted by a staff member who seemed to be completely expecting us and referenced us by name! Made us feel as if we were VIPs! The room was clean, very comfortable and we had all we could ask for. Thanks for a GREAT stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Being a Marriott Rewards Member, we try to stay at Marriott hotels as much as possible. On a scale of 1 to 10, for Marriott, I'd give this one a 6 or 7. A decent place, nice size rooms, comfy bed, clean, the studio we stayed in had a decent "kitchen" area with a full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, real (not mini) coffee maker and a small "kitchen" table. Hotel is right off of I-65 which wasn't too bad, was hoping it was closer to Purdue as that is where we were heading. Looks to be an older hotel that they have tried to refurbish with new paint, carpeting and bedding, but still has an "older" feeling. Good breakfast the next morning - cereal, typical eggs, breakfast fries, sausage, instant oatmeal, toast, bagles, etc. Overall, a decent place to stay for the price (we were able to take advantage of the state government rate - if you use this, make sure to bring ID as this hotel does check - some do, some don't).

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early for the mini omlet...they go quick...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

When I reserved this room, the description made it sound like it was right on the Purdue campus - it's not. It took about 15 minutes to get to the campus. It was right off the freeway which wasn't bad. We stay in a TownePlace Suites in Omaha all the time so I thought I knew what I was in store for. This hotel is older & is not as nice as the one in Omaha. We did have a one bedroom suite and a full range in the kitchenette which was a nice surprise. The staff was also very friendly. The kid who checked us in is a current Purdue student and immediately gave us a map of the campus so we would know where we were going. He also brought us a missing remote from our suite. The other surprise was that they served a free dinner in addition to the free breakfast. The dinner was not something we would eat but I was able to make a huge salad and get drinks to add to the dinner we brought in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Lafayette? Share your experiences!