“Hotel living can be very nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Hotel living can be very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I spent 38 nights in the time period of Dec 2010 to March 2011 at the TownePlace Suites by Marriot. I was sent to the area to train new personnel and I was traveling with my husband and our Sheltie dog. The total stay included checking in and out of the hotel 4 times. My company paid for the room and I was able to get a very good corporate rate by calling the desk before I checked in the first time.

The property is excellent and the room is so very comfortable. They have a good kitchen with a full size refrigerator, three burner stove top, and microwave. The kitchen is stocked with enough equipment to make pasta dishes and to sauté most any thing. There are enough dishes and glasses for 3 people. Also, if you wanted more of anything such as forks or plates then you would only need to ask at the desk to obtain what you want.

Every morning they provide a full hot breakfast buffet that is staffed with personnel that can assist you with your meal. Most hotels have unstaffed breakfast buffets. At this property there is a person there to refill supplies and to provide the little services that can make a difference. I like Vanilla Yogurt and once the staff knew that they always put a few Vanilla Yogurts out when they saw me.

One of the nicest things that the staff did for me was to give me the same room for each of the four stays. After a while it began to feel like we were coming home each time we checked in.

If you are planning to stay in one location for an extended period, try to find a place like this.

Room Tip: When planning a hotel stay call the property directly and ask questions. If you are staying at the s...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had the good fortune tohave picked the TownePlace Suites for my business trip to Lafayette. I was greated with a very friendly staff that went out of their way to make sure my stay there was a pleasant one. I was very pleased with the corporate rate that was offered and then was very shocked to find out that it came with a full breakfast not just donuts and juice or coffee. I was even more shocked to find out that the price included supper on Monday thru Thursday. This hotel has a small pool and hot tub along with a weight room. All of which i took advantage of. They also offered a very well laid out room with a work area and a full kitchen that provided even a dish washer. If i could find anything wrong the only things i could think of is that the hot tub had the tiles were you sat missing and the key latch into the pool did not work every time. Sometimes you had to put you card in more than one to get the door to open. A very minor thing but that was the only things i could have complained about.

Room Tip: I was in several of the rooms and they all seems to be laid out simularly. I did not see a need to s...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Findlay, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at the TownPlace suites for a wedding. We had two rooms. One was a two bedroom suite and the other was a one bedroom suite. The rooms were smaller than the photos displayed and the furniture was a little dated. Some of the rooms have flat screens and others did not. The fireplace in one room did not work. The breakfast was average for a hot meal breakfast. Would I go again? Maybe, it would just depend on the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I hadn't stayed in a hotel from this chain before, and this example didn't encourage me to do so again. The suite felt cramped in the living and sleeping areas, although provided with ample bathroom and kitchen space (which I didin't need at all). There were no flat surfaces on which to place suitcases (because there was no room). The finish of this hotel is getting tired, and I noticed crooked closet doors in the room. The TVs are old CRT types, and quite small. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was good. I agree with other reviewers that the mattresses were too soft and the parking is poorly organized.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great location as it is right off highway 65. Checked in around 9PM and as others stated, had to park a bit far away from the front door in order to check in. There weren't any "loading zone" spots so had to hike the distance. What would people do in the winter??

Anyway, once we got inside, that was a distant memory.

Fast, friendly check-in. Decent room means clean, averaged looking extended stay type layout. The furniture is a little dated, probably due for an update in another year. Didn't want to spend more than 3 seconds on the couch. The bed was comfy and the linens were high quality and clean. Would give them a rating of 2 or 3 stars for the room.

What tips them over to a solid 3 stars was the service. Everyone was friendly, efficient, and most importantly, helpful. I needed some ice, not a problem. Had a question, very knowlegeable. Service was definitely 5 stars.

My main issue though, is their exercise room. Nice, large room, but the equipment is very sad. 1 treadmill, 1 True elliptical (display not working), 2 no-name cycles and a weight bench with one mysterious dumbell weight. (why only one?) For an extended stay, they should upgrade the equipment, or provide passes to a local club. I have a hard time believing this isn't an issue for others. Exercise room 1 star.

Upgrade the exercise equipment, and the furnishings in the room and you will have a 5 star property here.

Your service is already 5 stars. Thanks to your wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one night and found the outside of the property to be well maintained, parking is limited. The room did not equal the standards of other Marriott properties i.e. broken tiles, cracked paint, etc. And we woke up in the morning to find our ankles and legs covered in flea bites. We didn't realize that this was a pet friendly hotel until we saw several dogs walking throughout the property. We always avoid "pet friendly" hotels because of these issues and didn't research this property before booking the reservation. The breakfast was very good. The front desk staff was very accommodating when discussing the flea issue, our trip was cut short as we had to spend a day at the laundromat washing clothes!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wetumpka, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel is pretty solid. The staff is very welcoming, helpful and cordial. The finishes are getting a little worn, but the rooms are quite large. I was given military discount as a walk-in guest very late arrival. Many hotels won't do this, so I commend them for it.

Even though I was right next to the elevator, I didn't hear anything outside my room. Sleep was peaceful enough, and the beds are fairly comfortable. The breakfast bar is pretty good, but they didn't have honey (one of my quirks). Internet on the lobby computer is so slow to non-existant.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to TownePlace Suites Lafayette? Share your experiences!