“very nice hotel.. don't like the beds, I have a bad back and I cannot get out of the beds, pet friendly very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   312 Meijer Drive, Lafayette, IN 47905   |
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

very nice hotel.. don't like the beds, I have a bad back and I cannot get out of the beds, pet friendly very clean. very accesible very quiet, close to expressway and eateries. very nice pool, decent breakfast

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When we arrived in the early morning hours, the check in was super speedy and easy. When we got up to our room, it reeked of some. The sign on the door clearly states no smoking. I didn't want my belongings smelling like smoke, so we had gone right back down to the desk to ask if we could switch rooms. Everything went smooth with this and staff was very accommodating. He had said that the hotel had been entirely "non-smoking" for quite sometime. The second room was a few doors down from the first, and didnt have the stink. The beds were comfortable, but the heater/ac was a little crazy and was either hot or cold. The kids had fun in the pool. Dehumidifiers and better ventilation would be a great idea to install, the floors were very slippery and surrounding sitting area stuffy. There was another guest that walked into the "non-smoking" inside pool area with a lit cigarette hanging out of her mouth. When we got back to our room, the bathroom had a strong smoke odor. We just shut the door and turned on the vent. Breakfast was good, expected continental breakfast. Eating area kept clean. I think they need more sensitive smoke detectors in the room, then perhaps the people that are smoking in the rooms would be busted a little easier. I would have given 4/5 if not for the smells and stuffy/slippery pool area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We payed almost 200 for a king suite. Which is higher than what we were quoted at 40 more to be exact. Then the staff was rude and not accommodating. We also had a dirty wash cloth left in our room and a dirty ice bin left in my parents room. This place was a huge disappoint for the price. The only plus was the bed was comfy! I will not be staying here again

• Stayed November 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kimberly E, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I feel I need to let those inquiring persons reading this review know that this guest was never charged a wrong rate nor told a different rate. The rate this guest told me he was quoted, was never a rate we have been associated with. I personally processed this guest reservation back in September. I told him the rate for his stay, while on the phone making the reservation. After the reservation was completed and repeated back to him, I sent him a confirmation letter that was successfully sent through my computer system, on the same day to confirm his reservation. The rate when this guest made his reservation was the same rate when he checked in. Our confirmation letters list the name of guest, address, rate, arrival date, departure date, room type, and cancellation policy. I do want to thank him for choosing the Lafayette, Indiana LaQuinta Inns and Suites for his stay and hope he does return in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I thought this hotel was excellent. The room was great and very modern. The price was one of the cheapest I could find in the city. And the staff there was friendly and service was prompt. I read in other reviews that traffic from the interstate could be loud there, but I didn't experience this... However, I stayed on the side of the hotel facing away from the interstate, so if I returned, I would ask for a room on that side again, because I could definitely hear the traffic from the parking lot. My only complaint is that I went to get in the hot tub, and the water was room temperature and there was no way for me to turn the heat on (and even if there was, it would take a long time to heat up)... I didn't bother mentioning it to the staff or anything, but it was kind of frustrating because I was looking forward to the hot tub. In short, is it a 5 star? No... but it is a great hotel for the price, it is clean, and it is modern/up to date looking. I would definitely stay there again if I return to LaFayette for any reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bedford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A few days ago our family stayed at this hotel on a trip to the area to visit Wolf Park. It worked out great for grandparents, daughter and her 3 boys (7,11,13). We had 2 connecting rooms which were clean and comfortable. The boys enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was helpful and price reasonable. Everything seemed to have been remodeled. The location was convenient right off I-65 and only about 8 miles to Wolf Park. We went to the park in the afternoon for a guided tour and then returned in the evening (Friday) for the Howl Night activities. There were a lot of people for the evening program and we wished that we had arrived earlier but a microphone was used at both presentations so hearing wasn't an issue and we were able to get near the fence where the wolves were nearby and the boys enjoyed that. Wolf Park is not Disney but for those of us who enjoy the outdoors, nature, and animals and like to learn it was a great visit. There is a miniature golf right behind the hotel which opened at noon on Sunday and we were able to take that in before departing the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette? Share your experiences!