Our reservation was made by another family member on a travel website and was non-refundable after purchase. The reservation room size was made in error for a room with 1 bed instead of room with 2 beds for 2 adults and 3 teenagers. Even after my sister had spelled our name (very common, generic name) the clerk managed to screw it up and could not find our reservation for 20 minutes. When she finally found it under another name after insisting we had reservations, the clerk had a pre-made key card already swiped for our room and had us checked into the system since we were pre-paid. I asked if we could switch to a bigger room only to be told they were sold for the weekend. However, due to the lack of cars in the parking lot (7 cars at 8:00 pm) I called the hotel from my cell phone 10 minutes later only to be told they had plenty of rooms availabe and at a lower rate than I paid. Saturday morning when I got up at 6 am there were a total of 15 cars in the parking lot. They were NOT sold out!
I think to change our room would have been an inconvenience to the clerk.
When I inquired about blankets for my kids to sleep on the floor the clerk said she didn't know if they had enough and would have to go track some down. I ended up going to Meijer next door and buying blankets.
The room was clean overall, however we were told we would not have housekeeping as they only clean a room once a week for guests. That really was not that big of a deal however I did take issue when the clerk said if I want clean towels I will have to bring the dirty ones down to her and then they will replace them with clean ones. (Remember, there were 5 of us.) Housekeeping did try to come to our room once Saturday morning. Unfortunately, she didn't knock or announce herself, just used her key card to open the door and walk in on all of us while we were getting ready for the wedding we were in town for.
We ended up with a room facing the interstate. The hotel is not well insulated for sound and we were very close to the highway and could hear every car/truck/semi go by all night long and I65 is a busy interstate for semi traffic. We could also hear the guest in the room next to us snoring all night long. So a good night's sleep was not had by my children who slept on the floor or my husband and I due to all the noise.
Since the hotel does not serve any kind of breakfast food, we picked up a box of cereal and milk while we were at Meijer buying blankets. The first bowl I took out was not clean so after I rewashed the 2 bowls and 2 spoons, the 5 of us took turns eating breakfast.
I called and checked again on Saturday about a double room and were told they had plenty available but not according to the front desk. Sunday morning the car count was 23...once again NOT sold out for the size of the hotel.
At one point I had forgotten my key card and asked for another one. A different unfriendly clerk told me the only way she could give me another card is by making a new card and then it would cancel all my previous (2) cards. I said fine and she made another card. However, while she was doing this another clerk questioned her and asked "why don't you just make a dupicate?" Her response was, "This method is easier for me so I don't have to look everything up."
I believe the staff at the hotel are not concerned with accomodating and helping the customer, their main objective is what is easiest and less inconvenient for them. This attitude displayed itself many times during our 2 night stay. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!!!
It is my opinion that the front staff are not overly helpful and are dishonest.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- Candlewood Suites Lafayette Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Candlewood Suites Lafayette, IN. We are conveniently located between Chicago and Indianapolis on I-65 just minutes from historic downtown and Purdue University which is home to the Purdue Boilermakers! If you are coming to town for business we are only minutes from Isuzu, Subaru, Toyota, Wabash International, Eli Lilly and Alcoa corporations. Also experience fine dining at nearby restaurants, take in movie, or enjoy shopping in historic downtown or the major retail shopping in the area. We have what you need at the Candlewood Suites Lafayette, IN and we put the amenities where they really count, in your room. Big, built for comfort or extended stay, it is the ultimate suite for the business traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk, check email with free high-speed Internet and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center and indoor pool or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Candlewood Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.