“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
MN
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very clean rooms, like having the kitchenette. The front dest is friendly, and they have DVD's to rent for free while you are staying there. No breakfast, and internet signal is poor, recomment staying closer to the center of hotel for best signal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

During our move from Lafayette, Indiana to Lubbock, Texas my wife and I needed a place to stay our last night in town after moving out of our apartment. I suggested we stay at the Candlewood because I had heard good things about it from a couple of people who stayed there on business and it is one of the newer places in town.

I was unaware it was a hotel designed for extended stays, so I was surprised how the room included a fridge, a kitchenette a desk area and a sleeping area along with a recliner. Overall the room looked really nice and was generally clean. The bathroom was very nice as well.

The one thing that kind of "icked" me out was the bedding...the bed spreads seemed to be stained. Like someone had spilled soda on them or something. Everyone's seen those stories about bodily fluids on hotel surfaces...I personally just try to push it out of my mind during hotel stays. But when you see stains on the bed spreads...it can be hard to do that. That said, the sheets looked clean. There were also some stains on the chairs in the room.

It was OK for one night, and like I said, the room was generally clean. Yet most places I've stayed wouldn't put a bed spread like that on the bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

the rooms were very nice, with kitchenettes, nice size desks, some rooms w/a seperate bedroom. My only complaints are that I had to wait to check in while the person was outside smoking and the pool is like ice!!! It is upsetting when the kids are looking forward to a night of swimming but can't enjoy it because it is toooo cold.

Room Tip: Get a back room, you can hear all the traffic from the highway in the front ones.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Crystal Lake, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have no idea how this place can be rated higher than a “1”. Bed sheets were dirty (hair included). No one was available to change them, so I got to do it myself. The traffic noise was incredibly loud and the fan for the air conditioner would not turn on to help cover it. The bathroom door would not shut, the hole for the outlet was bigger than the cover, and the toilet would flush only if you stood there and held the handle down. Add that to no breakfast or comp. fruit, and overpriced food for sale. Manager is not the nicest person either. Terrible.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the many other nearby hotels
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
In between Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family has stayed here twice this year. The first time we were driving to TN and stopped here because it was late, it was the first hotel we checked, and it had a good price. The second time we were traveling to OH, and intentionally stayed here, because of the good experience we had the time before. Now, I like variety, so I will say that the second time, I did have my family stop at a hotel down the road for a price check, and the hotel down the road was at least $40/night more expensive. I'm not that stuck on variety! So, we went back to Candlewood. We forgot our pack and play, and they were very sweet about getting us a crib quickly. The one thing I've noticed about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff. I'm not sure if that's just typical of people in IN or if this hotel just really knows how to hire people, but they've always been very friendly. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. I found a tiny barrette on the floor, but that's because I have a toddler, so I find everything. I still felt like it was clean in the room. There was a microwave, sink, all of that in the room. If we were staying for an extended period, I would probably choose someplace else, just because I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to extended stays. However, if you are in the area for a stop-over or visiting for a couple of days, this hotel is perfect. You should know there is no breakfast. There is a pantry where you can buy items, but there is no breakfast. Since breakfast has become pretty common at hotels, I'm somewhat surprised there is nothing here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We made this reservation two months in advance and got the dates and room we needed. It is important to understand that this property is an extended stay property and does not offer daily room service. With that said, you can get fresh towels and supplies at any time just be asking at the front desk. Our room was extremely comfortable. The room featured a simple kitchenette that was well stocked with cooking and eating utensils. The kitchenette had a refrigerator, dishwasher and cook top. The refrigerator's ice machine quickly produced ice and worked great during our entire stay. The air conditioner was easy to control and produced plenty of cool air (it was 92 degrees Fahrenheit) during our stay. There was plenty of hot water available at all times of our stay. The room featured a flat screen TV and a DVD player. A nice collection of DVD's were available to check out from the front desk of the hotel. The clock radio in the room had an auxiliary input for an iPod or MP3 player. Wireless internet was included with the room and was easy to connect to with a strong signal and good download speeds.

The hotel had a guest laundry that is included with the room, all you have to supply is detergent. A well equipped exercise room was located next to the laundry and an included business center had two computers available. We also tried out the pool. The pool was well stocked with towels, was clean and easy to get to right off the lobby.

This hotel is in a great location right off the intersection of 65 and 26. It is located next to shopping and restaurants. If you have business in Lafayette or at Purdue it is in a great location and represents a great value.

Room Tip: Book early for best dates and rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We made a last-minute reservation to spend 1 night while driving through the area. I know this hotel is designed for long-term stays, but I was surprised that they only have queen size beds! The room was a litle small for two people with luggage, but it got the job done. I LOVED that they had FREE laundry facilities! There are no vending machines but they have a "cupboard" that all guests can utilize. You either charge the items to your room or pay cash at the front desk. I also saw there were DVDs to check out. Bathroom was clean and functional with shampoo and soap. The kitchen was fully equipped with pots/plates/utensils. There is a Meijer store close by where you can buy anything you needed/forgot. My only complaint was that the staff were very loud in the morning. People were yelling down the halls and slamming doors. And we had to get the attention of a staff member to check out because no one was at the desk. And you can hear all the traffic on the highway. They did give us an early check-in which made life a little easier.

Room Tip: Don't bring too much luggage!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Lafayette? Share your experiences!