“My second home in Lafayette, IN” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
Durham, NC
“My second home in Lafayette, IN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I come to Lafayette about 3 times a month and always stay here. Sometimes they even upgrade my room type, which is nice. I know most of the staff and about 95% of them are extremely kind and responsive. The service is usually great and the rooms are always nice and clean with a contemporary look. Of course, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but it's a comfortable place for me to rest and relax week after week.
I ranked this 4/5 because the wireless internet connection is inconsistent between 11pm and 1am just about every night, which causes some frustration. Also, some bathrooms recently need plumbing tune-ups. But these things are nothing that would keep me from staying here.
Tips:
The beds come with a small/light blanket, so ask for an extra if you like more cover. Also, expect a firm mattress.

Room Tip: The beds come with a small/light blanket, so ask for an extra if you like more cover.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We pride ourselves on our service. I am however concerned about the challenge you have with our internet. The hotel has a state of the art fiber-optic system installed in Spring 2012. If you are experiencing a challenge at specific times, please notify our staff immediately so we can trace and resolve the challenge. I do apologize that it inconvenienced you, but look forward to resolving it on your next visit.

Hope to see you soon.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
East Central Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am pretty high on the Marriott brand. I stay at a lot of places all over the world, and I like to have consistency in my rooms and delivery of service. This is a clean hotel with wonderful service and access. One of the problems I found was that the internet was inconsistent at best, and they do not have a way to handle it currently. If you require the internet, and the hotel is full... I found you might as well go to sleep early. The staff is aware of it, and it is a problem for them. They said they could call the company and stop some of the people from "streaming" but I do not think that is right either. You can't put out a fire with a straw when you need a hose. The group needs to improve the technology, or I will find a place that can provide what I thought I purchased with the price of the room. If that is not an issue for you....it is a great hotel. People are very nice.

Room Tip: My room was spacious and very clean. No outside noises.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I was sorry to hear of your challenges with our internet service. We actually have state of the art fiber optics that was installed less than a year ago. Unfortunately the week that you were in we were hosting several university teams with about four times our normal internet usage. This by no means is an excuse, but simply an explanation. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you faced, and do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this Inn several times and hands down it continues to be the place to stay in Lafayette, Indiana. Great service and great accommodations. The manager is available and the staff go out of their way to greet you and take care of your needs.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the Great Review.... We pride ourselves on our service and love to know that it shows. Don't forget if you have any suggestions that can make us better be sure and let me know.

Best wishes in your travel, and thanks again.

Lisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

After reviewing several West Lafayette hotel accommodations, I decided to check out nearby Lafayette. I chose the Marriott Courtyard. Wow! The room we had looked like it had just been remodeled. We had high quality, comfortable queen beds and a classy wood desk and armoire in the room. The bathroom had granite counter-tops and a huge granite shower with a bench. There was even a "coffee bar" in the room with a small refrigerator. The lobby and cafe were also very welcoming. The staff was very pleasant at check-in. There is a pool and I think a work out room, but we were short on time to visit them. We will definitely stay here again while visiting the nearby university.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. We pride ourselves on our service and the quality of our accomodations. We have recently completed an upgrade to the shower heads in all of our rooms and are working on our next improvement to make us even better. We hope to see you next time you are in the area, and please, stop by and introduce yourself.

Assistant General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My second visit to this Courtyard in the last few months and the service level has improved greatly, the staff here is amazing. The rooms are clean, roomy and comfortable. Location is convenient to local shops, restaurants and access roads. A couple of suggestions for improvement which prevented a higher rating for my stay: 1) the cardio machines in the fitness room need some maintenance, there are components making clunking noises and they frankly don't sound or feel safe. 2) The wi-fi is slow and intermittent. I tested the line a few times and the best download speed I got was 0.56 mbps...not great. Otherwise, the hotel is nice and I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi DC, and thank you for taking the time to review us. I was very happy to hear that you felt we are improving our service level. We are always seeking to improve and its good to know that our guests see the difference.

I was surprised to hear of your difficulty with the Internet. We installed fiber optics last summer and have the fastest speed in the area at 10 Mbps. If you were not able to routinely obtain speeds in the 5.0 region, please let us know so that we can contact our support network. We pride ourselves on being amongst the leaders in the market and hope that you will stay with us soon and check it out.

Last but not least, we are having the fitness equipment inspected and it should be ready for your next visit.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon. Please don't forget, if you have any challenges with your stay, please be sure to talk to our staff so we can get it resolved as soon as possible.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Booked this room on Priceline. I was beyond impressed with the service and the quality of the hotel. The bed is very comfortable and the rooms are very clean. The customer service was fantastic. The only small complaint was that the hot tub was a little dirty and didn't want to get into it. Other than that...everything else was top notch!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
We were so happy to hear about your great stay. Its always a pleasure to know that the little things that we do enhanced your visit. You will be happy to know that we just completed a resurfacing of our spa (December 2012), and it looks great. We hope that you will be stopping back in soon to try it out. Be sure and say hello if you do stop in.

Assistant General Manager
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here twice over a two week period while on business. The first stay was on the third floor, the room was clean, and seemed to be a bit more refreshed. Nothing spectacular about this hotel, it's a typical Courtyard experience. The second stay I was on the ground floor, I found a dirty rag on the counter when I returned from working that had been left by the housekeeping staff, and the rooms on the ground floor appear older somehow---and the dirty rag had me wondering how great a job the housekeeping staff had done --- they could use some new towels, and the carpets appear worn in certain areas. The public computers are desperately slow if you want to print anything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We were so sorry to hear of your concern with your room. If there is ever a question, please be sure to involve the manager on duty so that the hotel can make it correct. We actually just finished upgrading the showers in our first floor rooms, and are replacing carpets in the next couple of weeks, so we should be back to exceeding your expectations in no time. Our business center has recently been upgraded to provide faster services with a dedicated router for just the business center computers.

Comments such as your are how we are able to continually improve and meet guest expectations. Next time you are in, please stop by and let me know how we are doing. We hope to see you soon.

Asst. General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette? Share your experiences!