“Visit to Purdue- very clean bathroom” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
New York City, New York
“Visit to Purdue- very clean bathroom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel is right I65 but about 15-20 mins from the university in West Lafayette. Not a big deal for us, but should be factored into travel time. We stayed for one night. Checked in at 10:30pm. Room was clean and updated with modern furnishings. The pull out table under the desk was great as it allowed the three of us to bring in and eat our dinner (buffalo wild wings) and sit at a full table rather than drawing straws for a small coffee table or desk. Plenty of outlets for multiple cell, iPad , laptop and camera charging. 2Q beds, very soft. Too soft for DH and I since we prefer rock hard beds, but teenage daughter (17) said it was fine. Very spacious shower with large glass wall (no tub), very clean. Only downside was very very low water pressure. Maybe because we were on a high floor? For $99 a night would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a tub vs shower if you have little ones.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for the great review. Our hotel is one of the new model Courtyards and as such the majority of our rooms provide only the oversized showers. We do however, have several rooms with the traditional shower/tub combination. If you are looking for a tub, it is good to have this noted at the time of the reservation so that we can best accommodate your expectations.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. The front desk personnel were fantastic! So professional and friendly. We were first given a room with just a shower, but needed a bathtub to bathe our kids, so we switched rooms with no problem.
It was very quiet all night...luckily. We woke up in the morning to the couple in the room next to us having a heated discussion, and we could hear every word clearly (like they were in the same room with us). Walls must be paper thin, I've never stayed at a hotel where I could hear so much! So, we were lucky that it was a quiet evening.
We had breakfast in the lobby bistro. It was excellent, but expensive. And the seating was really fun. The kids thought it was fantastic we had our own booth with our own tv to watch cartoons while we ate!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on both our hotel and the quality of our staff.

The media pods in our Bistro restaurant provide a great place to enjoy a meal, whether it is for a family breakfast or dinner while watching tv, for the sports fans to gather and watch their favorite team, or for a small business meeting as the screens convert to a computer monitor for use as a presentation screen. This is one of the new and great changes in the latest Courtyard model.

Yes, in line with a large number of guest requests we have developed a property that is primarly shower only rooms. If a guest needs or wants a tub/shower combination they should notify us at the time of reservation so that we can ensure we do our best to accomodate them.

Thank you again for your great comments, and we hope to see you soon.

urbana ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very clean, loved the open look and appealing Lobby/dining area. My king was very comfortable and I really appreciated the responsive air conditioner system in my room. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful! My only negative (not the fault of the individual Courtyard) experience were the towels provided in the bath. They were large enough, but very skimpy and puny in weight. Similar to kitchen towels, with a few thin stripes of terry cloth thrown in. Not Marriott quality at all. I would return there, but I would definitely bring my own towel if I did!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but saddened that the standard Marriott towels were not up to your expectations. I have shared your comments with our brand management team for inclusion in future decisions. We are always updating and modifying the brand and it is through comments such as yours that we are most in tune with our customers.

We look forward to your next stay and if I can be of assistance, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Good overall. Comfortable and the staff was accomidating. . Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you.

Come back and visit us again soon.

Asst. General Manager
PHRoberts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for three nights during a visit for my wife's HS reunion. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The staff was amazingly helpful, friendly, and responsive to any requests we had. The pool isn't huge, and the spa wasn't as warm as I'd like - but we were really impressed with this location!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
We were excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our ecclectic look. We are a new look Courtyard with the current fourth Generation design and outstanding service.

We look forward to your next stay and if we can be of assistance, please let us know.

Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette IN
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I ahve stayed here on three separate occassions for business.On each trip I was upgraded to the same suite which I thought was a terrific room. This property incorporates the new Courtyard design which I feel is excellent. The staff at this hotel was excellent and very accomodating. The hotel itself is located on the west side of town with several dining options available nearby. I guarantee I will stay at this hotel on my next trip to Lafayette.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here twice for business in the past 2 weeks. The rooms are typical for Courtyard, the hotel is located on the west side of town, with a few chain restaurants in the area. My second visit, the room that I was assigned had stained carpet, and worn areas, and the bath room wasn't as clean, that's the reason for the 3 stars--I had expected that a relatively new hotel would been in better condition.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We were sorry to hear of the challenges that you faced during your March stay. Upon reviewing your concerns, we implemented and just completed an extensive deep cleaning program on our rooms, including professional cleaning of carpets, replacement of carpets and other items.

Here at Courtyard by Marriott, we appreciate all feedback as we know it provides us the opportunity to address your concerns. We hope that you will stop by and see our new look the next time you are in the area. if I can be of further assistance, please contact me at the hotel.

Courtyard by Marriott Lafyette Indiana

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette? Share your experiences!