“Definitely recommend (but....)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
urbana ohio
“Definitely recommend (but....)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very clean, loved the open look and appealing Lobby/dining area. My king was very comfortable and I really appreciated the responsive air conditioner system in my room. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful! My only negative (not the fault of the individual Courtyard) experience were the towels provided in the bath. They were large enough, but very skimpy and puny in weight. Similar to kitchen towels, with a few thin stripes of terry cloth thrown in. Not Marriott quality at all. I would return there, but I would definitely bring my own towel if I did!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but saddened that the standard Marriott towels were not up to your expectations. I have shared your comments with our brand management team for inclusion in future decisions. We are always updating and modifying the brand and it is through comments such as yours that we are most in tune with our customers.

We look forward to your next stay and if I can be of assistance, please contact me directly at the hotel.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Good overall. Comfortable and the staff was accomidating. . Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you.

Come back and visit us again soon.

Asst. General Manager
PHRoberts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for three nights during a visit for my wife's HS reunion. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The staff was amazingly helpful, friendly, and responsive to any requests we had. The pool isn't huge, and the spa wasn't as warm as I'd like - but we were really impressed with this location!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
We were excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our ecclectic look. We are a new look Courtyard with the current fourth Generation design and outstanding service.

We look forward to your next stay and if we can be of assistance, please let us know.

Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette IN
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I ahve stayed here on three separate occassions for business.On each trip I was upgraded to the same suite which I thought was a terrific room. This property incorporates the new Courtyard design which I feel is excellent. The staff at this hotel was excellent and very accomodating. The hotel itself is located on the west side of town with several dining options available nearby. I guarantee I will stay at this hotel on my next trip to Lafayette.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here twice for business in the past 2 weeks. The rooms are typical for Courtyard, the hotel is located on the west side of town, with a few chain restaurants in the area. My second visit, the room that I was assigned had stained carpet, and worn areas, and the bath room wasn't as clean, that's the reason for the 3 stars--I had expected that a relatively new hotel would been in better condition.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We were sorry to hear of the challenges that you faced during your March stay. Upon reviewing your concerns, we implemented and just completed an extensive deep cleaning program on our rooms, including professional cleaning of carpets, replacement of carpets and other items.

Here at Courtyard by Marriott, we appreciate all feedback as we know it provides us the opportunity to address your concerns. We hope that you will stop by and see our new look the next time you are in the area. if I can be of further assistance, please contact me at the hotel.

Courtyard by Marriott Lafyette Indiana
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I went to Courtyard in February. I asked for a handicapped room and they had one available. When I went to enter it, I saw that it was already open and the tv was on. Luckily, my brother was with me, because someone could have been in there. After checking it out and finding no one, he went to the front desk and asked. He was told that that is normal for housekeeping to do this. I think it's dangerous. Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Check the room before entering
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let me assure you this is not the normal practice of the hotel. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously as reflected by our outstanding performance in our Guest Satisfaction Survey's with regards to the safety and security of the hotel.

We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Courtyard by Marriott
Lafayette Indiana
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for three days for a business trip. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel was easily accessible.

The room had two queen size beds, with extremely comfortable bedding. There is free wi-fi and complementary coffee.

Some of the towels in the room were old and stained. I requested new towels and the new set was clean, but they looked old. That is the only complaint I have.

The hotel has a bistro that served breakfast, lunch, and select dinner items and a bar. I purchased breakfast one morning and while pricey for eggs and potatoes, these were well done. I also made use of the bar at night and had a couple of mixed drinks. They do not use top shelf liquor, but I also did not ask to upgrade from Cuervo to Patron.

The business center was easily accessible. I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a King size bed are oddly arranged. I switched from a room with a King to a room with...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette? Share your experiences!