“Typical Courtyard in the Midwest” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Lafayette
San Diego
“Typical Courtyard in the Midwest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here twice for business in the past 2 weeks. The rooms are typical for Courtyard, the hotel is located on the west side of town, with a few chain restaurants in the area. My second visit, the room that I was assigned had stained carpet, and worn areas, and the bath room wasn't as clean, that's the reason for the 3 stars--I had expected that a relatively new hotel would been in better condition.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We were sorry to hear of the challenges that you faced during your March stay. Upon reviewing your concerns, we implemented and just completed an extensive deep cleaning program on our rooms, including professional cleaning of carpets, replacement of carpets and other items.

Here at Courtyard by Marriott, we appreciate all feedback as we know it provides us the opportunity to address your concerns. We hope that you will stop by and see our new look the next time you are in the area. if I can be of further assistance, please contact me at the hotel.

Curt Baker
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott Lafyette Indiana

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I went to Courtyard in February. I asked for a handicapped room and they had one available. When I went to enter it, I saw that it was already open and the tv was on. Luckily, my brother was with me, because someone could have been in there. After checking it out and finding no one, he went to the front desk and asked. He was told that that is normal for housekeeping to do this. I think it's dangerous. Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Check the room before entering
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let me assure you this is not the normal practice of the hotel. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously as reflected by our outstanding performance in our Guest Satisfaction Survey's with regards to the safety and security of the hotel.

We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Curt Baker
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Lafayette Indiana
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for three days for a business trip. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel was easily accessible.

The room had two queen size beds, with extremely comfortable bedding. There is free wi-fi and complementary coffee.

Some of the towels in the room were old and stained. I requested new towels and the new set was clean, but they looked old. That is the only complaint I have.

The hotel has a bistro that served breakfast, lunch, and select dinner items and a bar. I purchased breakfast one morning and while pricey for eggs and potatoes, these were well done. I also made use of the bar at night and had a couple of mixed drinks. They do not use top shelf liquor, but I also did not ask to upgrade from Cuervo to Patron.

The business center was easily accessible. I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a King size bed are oddly arranged. I switched from a room with a King to a room with...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The location was nice & also close to Purdue Univerisity & located close to shops & restaurants. On the Main rd(State st) connecting the highway(close by) & the University but the room was real good & there was no noise.
The room was excellent, the bed was positioned differently & the bathroom was what you would expect of a Marriot. Found the bed real comfortable & could turn the TV to view from the bed.
The only problem occurred in the morning when there was no hot water. So tried reaching the front desk & the phone was answered after several tries & the response was, sorry we'll have to wait on maintenance to fix the issue...which was later fixed but it did get us late for our breakfast appointment.
So overall an excellent rating if this problem had not occurred.

Room Tip: Requested a King bed.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Again I used Priceline to get this hotel. It was a wonderful experience. I saved so much money and this room was great. will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Booked this hotel just for one night for a game in Indianapolis which was only 50 minutes away. We weren't going to spend much time in the hotel so I was looking for something decent at a decent price. Had planned to book the Omni or Marriott in Indy, but they were full. This is an excellent property with modern, comfortable rooms. We normally stay in very nice hotels, so it was surprising to hear my wife say "Now this is a room I could spend some time in". The rooms were modern with high quality furniture and a high quality bathroom. The kicker: $89!!! We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in Lafayette!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent two nights at this property over the weekend. We have been to this property a number of times. It is the new Courtyard design and was built that way. It has a large area that is great to use a laptop, read, watch TV, etc.

The rooms are all the new very contemporary design, clean, comfortable, etc. Nice flat screen TV although oddly placed if you want to watch TV in bed.

They do have food although it is a very limited menu. Starbucks is also available. There are a number of restaurants close.

My one caution is that the property can be filled with sports teams. Often in the summer it is baseball teams of young kids. Noise can be an issue. You might want to check for groups when you make your reservation.

The only

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front have a better view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette? Share your experiences!