“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Murray, Kentucky
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Great value. This hotel is really nice. The free breakfast is good quality- I liked the coffee and the hashbrowns. The staff are pleasant. The room is big and clean. Bed is really comfortable and nice flat screen TV. Hotel has indoor pool. The hotel has walking distance restaurant locations- there are many choices on the main road nearby. Very close to IU Kokomo.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear guest, Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott. It's great to get feedback from our loyal guest.
We look forward in serving you in your currnet and future stays with us.
Rick Ogg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Burlington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have spent the last 20 years in hotels traveling due to work. This one is the best! The entire staff make you feel like you are at home instead of in a hotel. The food is fantastic at the morning breakfasts, and the service is incomparable. Any complaint (very few in my 8 month stay) is handled swiftly and efficiently reaching resolution. I could sing the accolades all night, but quite simply, stay here when in Kokomo. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: I have yet to have a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your great comments on your recent stays here at our Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo. This is our goal to make our guest feel like their home away from home and receive a nice smile when you come back from a long days work.
We value your comments and I will make sure all employees view your survey.
Thank you again for your continued stays here at the Courtyard by Marriott.
Sinecerely,
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Nice, Clean room, convenient and available parking. Stayed for two days arranged through "Priceline." Pool is nice exercise room had an awfully "squeeky" treadmill. Although photos show breakfast on table you need to know also that assuming it is a buffet is not correct. They say "eggs to order" in advertising but all appearances are for a buffet. Have scrambled eggs but didn't think to ask for eggs over medium which is not posted as available and nobody asks. They do identify in the advertisement that they have a "restaurant" but none in the sense that you can get three squares a day.........just breakfast; and, there is a charge to your room for that. Nice selection of food similar to other motels that offer a free breakfast buffet. Nothing wrong with that, I just missed the fact that it was a "Cafe" and not a free "buffet."

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay at our Courtyard by Marriott. We have an Award Winning Breakfast that we offer Sunday - Saturday and is offered also to the public.
We have a great housekeeping team that works very hard to give you the best guest experience.
Thank you again for your comments and we looking forward to your next stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott kokomo.
Midland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I just spent the night at the Courtyard hotel in Kokomo, Indiana. I have to agree with the previous reviewer, this hotel is seriously lacking. I travel approximately 200 nights each year and I prefer to stay in a Marriott brand hotel. While I realize that a Courtyard is not a full-service Marriott hotel, I have found that most Courtyard hotels have high standards and are usually a good stay. I can not stay this about the Courtyard in Kokomo. This hotel appears to have had little or no renovations in recent years. The lobby is still the old style of Courtyard, without the upgrades such as a smart-board that many Courtyards now have. The hotel consists of three floors with one elevator. After checking in I noticed the elevator floor was very dirty and was still dirty the next morning when checking out.

I had reserved a king non-smoking room a few weeks in advance, but when checking in around 4:00 PM, I was told that only rooms with two queen size beds was available. I was told repeatedly that the hotel was over booked and I was lucky to have a room. I explained that since I am a Platinum elite member with Marriot, I feel I should be afforded some consideration. After further discussion, the young lady working the front desk did find a room with a king size bed and on the 3rd floor.

When entering the room I found that the air conditioner had been turned off and the room was very warm and had a strong musty order. I turned the air conditioner to cool the room, but it was so loud that I could talk on the telephone or hear the television. I contacted the front desk and they sent up a maintenance employee to look at the air conditioner. Interesting the air conditioner was the old model that is attached to the floor. The employee acknowledged that the air conditioner was very old, but felt he could stop the noise. He removed the front of the air conditioner and inserted some newspaper around the unit to absorb the noise. This was not exactly high-tech, but it did reduce some of the noise. He said much of the noise was coming from the compressor which needed to be replaced. So, the air conditioner continued to be very loud. I don’t think this was just a problem with my room air conditioner. During the night I was awaken by air conditioners running in adjoining rooms.

The room itself was much smaller than what I am accustomed to, and with the king bed and furniture, there was little room left to walk about the room. The carpet in my room was fairly worn with several stains. The television was a flat-screen, but was one of the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. Also, one side of the window curtain rod had fallen and allowed only one side of the blinds be pulled back. The mattress was obviously older and seemed lumpy, and the pillows were made of foam. The sheet was not fitted very well to the bed, and during the night it pulled off exposing the mattress. In the morning while taking a shower, I noticed the water pressure would change each time a commode was flushed or water in another room was running.

The breakfast, which was included with the price of the room, was very nice with all the usual items found on a buffet. I also found the hotel personnel to be friendly and willing to offer help and assistance. This hotel is in serious need of renovation, but suspect that since the hotel continues to have occupancy at capacity, there may be little motivation by the owners to invest in these numerous needed updates. Kokomo has many hotels and I am sure that better accommodations can be found at a similar price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at our Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo hotel. I appreciate your honesty concerning your last stay. We here at the Courtyard take the time and listen to our guest needs and concerns. Please be assured that we are taking steps to address all of your concerns.
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Kokomo for a short business trip in September, 2011. The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. However, there were a couple unresolved problems with my stay that will cause me to look elsewhere when I return to the area for my next business trip.

The wired and wireless internet did not work in my room on the third (top) floor. One of the staff members tried swapping out the router in my room, but to no avail. Phone tech support was also not able to address the problem. The staff suggested I try the wi-fi in the hotel lobby, which did work, but the hotel lobby was full of guests which made working more difficult.

The other problem was that housekeeping did NOT make up my room after the first evening. They left a message indicating that my "Do not disturb" sign was out, so they could not do anything. However, I did not have the sign out, and was out of the room the entire day. No offer was made to make up the room after I returned from work and found this situation.

There are many good hotels in the area (north suburbs of Indianapolis and others in Kokomo) which I will utilize in future stays.

Room Tip: Request a room on a lower level (first or second floor) to get wi-fi service.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Dear Loyal Guest, Thank you for your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott. I'm sorry you had issues with the internet on your last visit. I am happy to announce we now have Comcast. We just switched over and we now have great internet speeds.
Thank you again for all your comments and we hope that you will continue to stay here at our Courtyard by Marriott.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed here every week in 2011.
Rooms are cleaned daily, a social in the lobby every evening during the week, hot breakfast included every morning, pool overlooks outdoor seating w/ BBQ grill, every room has a fridge and a microwave, staff is friendly and all smiles.

Negatives; internet and wireless upgrade is needed, dumpsters from neighboring business slam-bang every night 3 AM (light sleeper I need white noise).

Room Tip: plan ahead, book early, hotel fills up quick
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for all your comments. We take the time and listen to our guest and guest needs. Everyone should be happy to know that we are having Comcast installed as we speak. It should be ready to go in the next week or so. Thanks again for your comments and look forward in seeing this week.
Worldwide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our organization has stayed at the Kokomo Courtyard several times over the past 13 years, and each time has been a great experience! The overall cleanliness of the rooms, the common areas, and grounds is way above average, and the hospitality and friendliness of the staff is above reproach. During the years when our organization as a whole isn't staying there, individual employees do, and they report that the hospitality, friendliness, cleanliness are first rate any time they're there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
roggcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your great response about your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo. We take the time and listen to our guest and what they are looking for when they stay with us. It's great to hear great feedback from our guest.
We look forward to seeing you and your collages and family on your next stay here at our Courtyard by Marriott Kokomo.
Rick Ogg

Been to Courtyard Marriott? Share your experiences!