“good but” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Olympia, United States
“good but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Of the four hotels in the area I have used it is by far better but over priced for the accomadations provided. The decor of the room was suitable/good but not held to the same regards as most Hamptons I have used. The breakfast was great

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Kokomo since we have just begun a compete renovation of our entire hotel. We have completed the lobby and fitness room. We just started the pool area and guest rooms and hope to have the entire hotel complete by mid summer! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Tammie Bock,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

In town for celtic concert over St. Pat's weekend, band stayed here & so did we. They let us "after party" in the newly remodeled lobby - very accommodating. Few days later I realized my watch was missing, contacted the hotel and within 2 hours they called to say they had my watch and would send it back to me (their expense) and would I like it insured! Wow! They are beginning a complete remodel, though our double was lovely. Service staff friendly too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate the great review! We look forward to having you back to enjoy our hotel again when the entire renovation is complete!

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is super friendly,the hotel is well located & equipped for work purposes. They have complimentary breakfast,coffee, cookies, and a couple of free sodas,wine or beer each day. We stayed there for 5 days and our stay was very comfortable.The lobby was being remodeled so at the time we got there it was very cold in there for about a day or two. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are very clean, though one of the walls needed some remodeling due to moisture, but it was after reeeally looking for a deffect. I would absolutely return here

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our lobby looks great now so all of the construction pain was definitely worth it. We appreciate you being patient and understanding of our project. We have now started on our guest rooms so hopefully the next time you visit us you will have a beautiful brand new remodeled room to go along with the lobby!

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is being remodeled and looks great. A little construction in the lobby but it was neat and clean. Our room was clean and quite. Loved the larger bathroom. No heater or outside noises disturbing your sleep. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend the this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! Our lobby is looking fantastic with all of the new updates. We hope to see you again soon!

iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recently got married in Kokomo and most of our guest were from out of town. We booked a block of rooms for 2 nights and our experience was the worst possible way to end our special weekend. Our car was broken into in the parking lot (which apparently has no security cameras). To make things worse one of our guest reported strange activity to the night time employee on duty and asked them to call the cops, this was at about 2am. The employee told our guest that they have had trouble with a "peeping Tom" and that she was sure that was all that it was. She also stated that since she goes outside to smoke every now and then that she would notice if something was going on. SHE DID NOT CALL THE POLICE. The next morning when we went to leave we discovered that our car was broken into and the many of our wedding gifts had been stolen. We then had to call the cops to report the incident. After filing a police report hotel management told us there was nothing they could do because we filed a police report and that once that happened it was out of there hands. There are so many things wrong with this whole situation that I am sure some of you who read this wont believe me, but I promise it's all true. A GUEST REPORTED A PROBLEM AND STAFF DID NOTHING!!! APPARENTLY A PEEPING TOM IS NOT A BIG DEAL!!! SORRY YOUR WEDDING GIFTS WERE STOLEN BUT SINCE YOUR STAY IS OVER AND YOU FILED A POLICE REPORT- GOODBYE!!! I will never stay at another Hampton!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate incident at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. Our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and I am so sorry that your car was broken into and your wedding gifts stolen. I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our hotel team. If I can assist you further, please let me know. Thank you.

Cutler, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There is no hot tub and there were over 30 kids in the pool when we were there and all the parents were gettin drunk on pool deck. The staff did nothing to stop the drinking, even though there are signs posted about no drinking in pool area. We were there for a family weekend. Wished I would have picked a different hotel. When I complained about all the drinking, I was informed by the staff that people who want to drink are goin too, so pretty much the posted pool rules are just to look at, not to follow or be enforced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I sincerely apologize if some of our guests were rowdy during your family weekend getaway. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our management team. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I hope that us invoking our 100% guarantee for your stay assured you that we are committed to your satisfaction. We would love the opportunity to prove that our staff is customer experience focused if you are ever in town again.

Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. Some construction going on in the lobby area, but things were still neat and well kept. The bed was very comfortable. The restroom was also very clean. I guess I am saying things were clean if that is important to you. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnKokomo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for the great review and your understanding of our renovation project. Our lobby is scheduled to be completed in the next few days and we are all very excited to have our beautiful lobby back. I will pass along your compliments to our wonderful housekeeping staff. Hopefully you will get to visit us again soon so you can experience the finished product!

Tammie Bock,

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo? Share your experiences!