“Freezing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 hotels in Kokomo
Crawfordsville, Indiana
“Freezing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We checked into our room and discovered that it was colder than it was outdoors. We had commented on how cold the lobby and hallways were, but expected the rooms to be warmer. Finally, after numerous complaints we were given a space heater to get the room warmed up. The fan in the bathroom was very noisy and filthy. The cover was hanging down, leaving the fan exposed and showing all the filth. Breakfast was cold and nasty. The only positive point was the girl at the front desk. She was very helpful and understanding. I was there on business and know that we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: We were in the lower level - partially below ground. Floors never did warm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Muskegon, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We traveled to Kokomo for an 80th birthday party for my grandma. We are a family of 6 and had a suite to accommodate our size. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was friendly and helpful.

We were uncomfortable with all of the construction workers who were constantly standing outside the hotel gawking and smoking. Our room was very large but the bathrooms were the tiniest I've ever seen. The tubs were dirty and even had pieces of the tub broken off. We have 4 kids that usually take a bath and we couldn't use the tubs for a bath, they were that dirty. The bathroom floors were dirty. There were 4 towels between both bathrooms in a room designed for 6 persons. One of our bathrooms was out of both rolls of toilet paper with no replacement rolls when we arrived. I brushed it off and just took a roll from the other bathroom expecting housekeeping to come the next day and replace towels, toilet paper, coffee, cups, etc.

The next day we left for the day to go the party and visit. When we came back I was expecting the replacements, not there! No one had even come to the room. I was so disappointed. The same girl who checked us in quickly brought up towels and toilet paper for us, but we shouldn't have had to call and ask!

The sofabed was horrible! My poor husband tried to sleep on it with one of our small children and couldn't stand how hard and thin it was.

My kids most looked forward to swimming in the pool. It was warm, but my husband and I were very uncomfortable in it. It seemed dirty and salty. It was very strange and we couldn't wait to get out.

The nice, but not redeemable things about this hotel were the flat screen TV's on the wall. My kids enjoyed watching the Sprout channel, which was a real treat as we don't have TV at home. :) The heater/fan unit worked well and kept the room at a comfortable temperature. The breakfast was good, especially the biscuits and gravy. The man helping with the breakfast area was very friendly and positive.

I would never recommend this hotel in its current condition, especially for a family. I hope they get their act together and improve service and cleanliness.

I am sick we paid over $200 for two nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Picked this place because of the recent reviews. BIG MISTAKE! Room smelled like a musty closet. Heater looked like Fred Flintstone sold it to them at a yard sale. Construction workers drinking and smoking by the door that said "NO SMOKING" within 8 feet. Custsomer Service did not exist. Not a Hi or have a good day... NOTHING! This place is under construction and it needs it bad. It did have a flat screen tv but the rest of the room was from the 80's. I asked where the asst manager Mike was at. (the one with all the good comments on this site) Was told he was no longer with the Hotel. Wish I would have known before I wasted my money. DONT WASTE YOURS!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our stay in Quality Inn was wonderful! Every year we fly Home to (Kokomo Indiana) from Austin Texas to see Family and Friends, We chose Quality Inn and I must say it was very clean and the staff (Mike Kelley) was very friendly and prompt on getting us settled into a room! It felt so much like being "Home" that we will be returning during our visit with Family and Friends! Keep up the good work to all the staff and keep those biscuits and gravy warm! Mmmm delicious...after all how many other hotels have that kinda breakfast as continental?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I go to Kokomo 4 times a year to visit my grandkids. Last time I stayed here the service was great.... The girl at the desk when I got there acted like she didnt know what she was doing. Unfriendly and kind of rude. The lobby was a mess and coffee was cold... Pool towels were no where to be found. I never had to pay an extra $20 for my 2 grandkids to swim. Was told I had to this time.... Was there 2 days and did not see a manager at all this time. Called the front desk 2 different times in 2 days and no one ever answered the phone. The hotel had got so much better...... WHAT HAPPENED?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Checked in around 5pm on a weekend and Mike the asst manager was very busy.... He got everybody taken care of rather quickly. Kind of pricey for the room though. But he told me they were in the process of alot of upgrades.... property needs it. Even the maintence man was helping out with guest. Great Service definately makes up for all the other stuff. Once the updates are finished this place will blow the doors off any other in town. Mike was even doing breakfast when I checked out on Sunday morning....This guy loves his job and it shows...Just keep up the hard work all and it will all pay off!

Room Tip: Mike sold me on the jacuzzi room..... hot tub was huge....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We went to Kokomo for races recently, and had a very enjoyable stay at this Quality Inn. As has been mentioned, the manager, Mike, is a very friendly, helpful man, who goes out of his way to see that your stay is the best it can possibly be. Being out late, we slept in, and didn't get room sevrvice. A call to the front desk got us clean towels and wash cloths in a matter of minutes. Clean room, comfortable bed at a decent price. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!