“Not a bad place, but....” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
“Not a bad place, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I were in town for work and stayed the night here. Check in was simple and quick and the lady at the front desk was really nice. We had been on the road all day and were super tired but at 11:30 pm there were kids out in front of our room running around and yelling. I called front desk and complained and we did not hear the kids anymore. At 12 am someone woke us up yet again setting fireworks off from the balcony. It is a nice hotel and it was very clean. The staff seemed very nice and helpful. The other guests made it a bad experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I drove over 200 miles from a Chicago suburb to attend the Kokomo Ribfest and to see the band that was playing. I had intended to drive back to Chicago that evening, but when the event ended around midnight, I decided that it would be wiser to stay in Kokomo for the evening and drive back the next day. I had received information from the Kokomo Visitors Bureau and called Days Inn to see if they could accommodate me for the evening. Judy Watson took my call and could not have been nicer or of more help. When I explained to her that I had driven in from Chicago a few hours earlier, she not only found me a room for the evening, but gave me detailed instructions as to how to find the Inn and said she would personally welcome me when I arrived. She was extremely helpful and made my stay a truly wonderful experience.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Breadfast was great and the people were so very helpful. I would not only stay at this Inn again, should I return to Kokomo, but would recommend it to others. I will consider other Days Inns in other locations based on my experience in Kokomo. Very well done!

Room Tip: Tell the what your needs are.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I normally don’t rate hotels on the basis of the amount of nights I spend on the road yearly “200 Plus”. I happen to be driving through Kokomo late one evening when I noticed the Days Inn & Suites. Staying at various hotels, I try to find hotels who will work with me on corporate rates. In today’s economy we’re all looking to save money, without giving up the comforts of home. I can honestly say the receptionist greeted me as if I was a regular customer and she even gave me their preferred corporate rate. This is a rarity, not knowing whether I would ever return. The service was excellent and the room was very clean overall. I would definitely stay here again. Don’t let the name fool you at this property.

Room Tip: Business traveler request preferred corporate rate
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Front desk staff was wonderful - cheery and helpful, but the rooms were disgusting. We requested smoke-free rooms, got rooms that had signage that said they were smoke-free, but were reeking of years of cigarette smoke. In one room, the bathroom door kept sticking closed, trapping us inside - I swear we could see scars on the paint from people who had tried to claw their way out. In the second, the carpet was so loose near the door that we couldn't open the door all the way. Mattresses were thin and lumpy, a/c was off all day before we checked in so rooms didn't cool down until about 3 a.m. This hotel is probably band-aid housing for low-wage workers, because it was jammed with families, and that's sad.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Grand Blanc MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Once again my church group attended a Leadership Conference near this hotel. Mr. Patel continues to offer a resonabl rate for our group. The rooms were clean and did not smell of ANY smoking! This is a big deal for us, especially me with having cigarette smoke induced asthma.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Guests are provided with full range of toiletries plus hard candies and bottled water. Have stayed here several times and as long as you get a regular room it's fine.

However, the suites are in the back of the motel and they tend to attract party types who trash and damage the rooms. Even a nonsmoking suite will smell like smoke and have burn marks all over the place.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Mishawaka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Had reserved a ground floor room, due to recent knee replacement, was given a 2nd floor room. They could not change it because their computers were very very slow. Room keys stopped working after one day. I was never able to get their WiFi to work, had to go to Mcdonalds to use WiFi. AC was not very effective. All in all for the price I'd go to motel six or spend ten dollars more for a decent hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
dpatel6466, manager at Days Inn and Suites Kokomo, responded to this review, July 6, 2009
I am sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. Upon investigation we found that due to storms in our area one of our wireless transmitters had gone bad which we have replaced and resolved that issue. Also, we try our very best to accomodate all guest requests made at the time of the reservation. It is our policy here to review all reservations rececived daily for special requests and to contact any guest whose requests cannot be met. If we failed to deliver on this I sincerely apologize.

Been to Days Inn and Suites Kokomo? Share your experiences!