We chose this place to welcome the new year. I was a little disappointed when I reached the resort after travelling almost 7KM on bad roads!!. Unlike the impression that the website gicves, this resort is not as elaborate. But when we went up to the cottage and saw the view...it was amazing!!. We were initially accomodated in the smaller cottage (which was really small- just sufficient for a double cot), but were later shifted to a more spacious cottage (they have 2 small cottages, a larger one and a dormitory). The food was simple and yum. Hubby dear also got to go fishing in the carocle and Shinto (the cook) baked us hi catch!! Also since we were the only ones there, we had the whole place to ourselves!!
1. Breathtaking view
2. Exemplory service - "your wish is our command" (literally). Hubby wanted appam for breakfast and though it was not on the day's menu, Shinto himself went out in the fog to get it from a near by place.
3. The staff is very courteous. Though Jubin was pre-occupied he ensured our stay was comfortable. Shinto accompanied us to show us the place.
4. Yummy food - no restaurant but Shinto does a really good job
5. The 2nd room given to us was pretty spacious and comfortable (ask for this cottage if you go there)
6. Fishing and campfire
1. No indoor games/activites
2. If you have small kids you need to keep a watch. The wooden railings outside are wide spaced and they can easily slip out.
3. The approach road from Ambalavayal is very bad. We preferred to stay in because of this. Also unlike what the website says, Bangalore is almost 280 from the resort not 250.
4. The 2 cottages are too small
5. Since the cottage walls are of sheet, the walls have "ears". May not be comfortable if there are other unknown familes in the adjoining cottages.
6. No housekeeping. We had gone out the first night for a new year party and on our return the next afternoon, the cottage had not been cleaned (the garbage too wa intact)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kallat Heritage, a luxury riverside family resort. Our comfortably appointed lakefront housekeeping cottages are situated ideally for the nature lovers on a gentle slope in our private cove only 20 ft. from the water - the closest and easiest access to the water anywhere on Karapuzha Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Kallat Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.