“Great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel

You added Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 West Riverside Drive, Jeffersonville, IN 47130 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Plano, Texas, United States
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good value for the price. I have been staying in this hotel 2-3 nights a ~2 months a quarter for a few years now, the info is based on these experiences.

Pros:
• Shuttle service, including to / from the airport (arrange in advance) and to local sites, including downtown Louisville, which is very close and right across a bridge on the river
• Lots of plugs in the room
• Nice stand-up showers – clean
• Staff is always friendly
• Good views from many rooms of the river – sunset if your facing West and sunrise if your facing East is great (ask for higher floor to take advantage of this)
• Several restaurants right across the street (easy walk), so always something different to choose from food-wise (beyond the hotel bar & restaurant)

Cons:
• Lighting in the room isn’t great – even with the curtains open, it’s quite dark
• Breakfast buffet quality has not be great lately
• Service at the Bristol restaurant can be slow, but the staff is always friendly

Room Tip: Get $5 to use onsite or an 500 extra points by using the green alternative and skipping housekeeping...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend of Thunder Over Louisville. Location is perfect! Rooms were quiet, clean and very comfortable. Service was fine. We had room service, food was average service was slow but that is a very busy weekend for them so we expected some delays.
Would stay here again for Thunder Over Louisville. Several good place to shop and eat within a short distance.

• Stayed April 2014
Franklin TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

As Starwood Owners, we always look for the bar to be set at an appropriately high level. This property just meets that level. Here is the Good: Well situated with shuttle service to Louisville destinations: As our first visit to Louisville, the shuttle service was invaluable with drivers John and Micah epitomizing professionalism. Chelsea at the front desk was a.consummate professional as well. The Club Level breakfast was very nice with great views of the river. The Bad: the check in person was unpleasant and did not mention the Gold member gift or Green Choice options, which was in direct contrast to Chelsea who was doing so with other guests at check in right next to us. The facilities are in areas well designated and other areas looking like a worn motel, I.e. The Ugly. The beds were uncomfortable and the double beds and bathroom were quite small. Also, a few lights were burned out in the bathroom.
Overall, given we were in town for a wedding and had the opportunity to go to many Louisville highlights in part due to the shuttle service. it was a pleasant experience, but no question this property needs to update the faculties and review consistent personnel practices. We will be happy to return upon these improvements!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Michigan City, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel four times in the past four months. The first stay was great. After that, things went downhill. Two stays ago, the bathroom was dirty as well as the rest of the room. The carpet and walls are starting to show wear as well. This hotel is very convenient to downtown Louisville, which is why I continue to stay there. My most recent stay was last week, and it will also be my last. The bathroom was filthy. Finding hair that belongs to someone other than yourself is always a bad sign. I was not able to shower or bathe due to the conditions of the bathroom. While the bed linens were clean, the remainder of the room was not. It did not appear anything had been wiped down from the previous guest. Additionally, I did not receive a wake up call as I had requested. I expressed these concerns upon check out and the clerk asked me if I had told anyone. I hadn't due to a late check in and I didn't want to deal with being transferred to another room or wait for the room to be cleaned. The staff here is generally very nice and professional; however, the rooms are not clean.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was extremely disappointed to arrive at the Sheraton Louisville to learn that my guaranteed room was not honored. After an extremely long day of travel, I was shocked to learn that there was no room at the hotel and the room I had booked had been released, despite being a guaranteed booking and being charged to my credit card.

I was turned away at the door and told to go a lesser quality hotel. I had to find my way to another hotel 6 miles away.

I sent an email expressing my concern to the manager and have received no response.

I am a frequent traveller and like to stay at SPG hotels. Two years ago I spent over 50 nights at SPG properties, so I have generally been very impressed with service at most of the Starwood properties over the years.

I understand that screw up happen and my situation is not uncommon. What did surprise me though was the lack of follow up from the manager and the failure to respond to my queries about my bill.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I am sorry for the problems that you experienced at our property last week when we did not have your room available. We should have taken quick ownership of our mistake and followed up immediately. I appreciate your loyalty to the brand. If I can do anything further, please contact me at the hotel. PG
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel room rate was extremely affordable and the location was convenient with beautiful views. The location was perfect, there were several restaurants within walking distance and Louisville was right across the river. The customer service was excellent.....I went to breakfast after the scheduled "breakfast time" but they still gave me something to eat.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the ice machine it was loud.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for stopping through Jeffersonville. We appreciate your kind words about t the staff and property.
kanas city, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just finished another 8 night stay at this great hotel during Kentucky Derby week. This was my 7th or 8th week long stay in the past 10 years, always a great trip.

The hotel is right on the river with great skyline/river views and is very clean and comfortable with a great location to downtown Louisville, as well as the immediate area in Jeffersonville which is nice and very walk able as well. "Downtown" Jeffersonville, a 10 minute walk or 1 minute drive, is also nice and convenient for banking, drug stores, post office and some local shopping as well.The hotel is just across the river from downtown Louisville. 3 minute drive, shuttle ride or 30 minute walk across the bridge ( I try to do it once a trip at least).

What really sets this property apart is the amazing staff. They are all great, bartenders, club lounge attendants, bellmen, house keeping and maintenance.

I received tremendous service from Andy Katz (the revenue manager) in coordinating my multiple rooms and broken reservations. Chelsea and Ron at the front desk were also always helpful, and Frank is the best shuttle driver / bellman / concierge and all around great guy I think I have found in any hotel.

There is great SPG Platinum recognition at this property in terms of room upgrade when available, points, club access etc but am sure their great service extends to all guests at the hotel.

I stay 140+ nights a year in SPG properties and for comfort, convenience and outstanding service this is the best year in and year out.

If you are in Louisville for work or vacation and want great proximity to downtown and / or Churchill downs, stay here.

Room Tip: west side to get best river views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for the very kind words. Our people are fantastic! I will make sure Chelsea, Ron, and Andy all hear your feedback.

Been to Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!