“Derby Weekend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
HATFIELD
“Derby Weekend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Had an unbelievable price of $47 a night for the weekend and it might be overpriced. At least half the rooms were not available on the busiest weekend of their year. Checked out rooms before selecting third floor as they are used the least. Had to turn the water on and get a TV for the room. For 4 guys it was fine who did nothing but shower and sleep there. Would definitely NOT return there. Tried to NOT honor reservation but GREAT representative from Wyndham stepped in and said either honor it or pay for them to go somewhere else. Very friendly upon check-in.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TDBJR

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

THIS IS THIS THE NASTIEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN IN AND I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT INCLUDES MANY 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES!!!

There was feces on the floors and smeared on the walls, the sheets had stains. The toilet would not stop running.

Oh yeah, the "BIG" continental breakfast.... a very stale tiny danish, and weak coffee.

When I reported the problems to the hotel manager (Arivnd Bhatt) he as rude, and hostile. I would rather sleep in a tent down by the Ohio river than stay in this place again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Jeffersonville hotels

Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here when I was in Jeffersonville, In. I had to be moved to 4 rooms before I got a clean one. The room I stayed in was clean but not as clean as I would have liked it to be. This room was very roomy with a king size bed. I really didn't sleep very well while I was there and the next evening I found a bedbug on the pillow and when I showed the man there at the motel he said ok. Ok what? What does ok mean? If you are ever in Jeffersonville, In. and need a place to stay find another motel.

Room Tip: Don't get any room here.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed one night during business trip. Older property, but nice staff during check in. Room was clean and shower was hot! Not much else needed. It is a Knights Inn, not a full service hotel.
Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The horrible attitude of the staff made the experience more horrible than the crappy rooms. Don't waste your time. The comforter was stained. The tub had red and brown spots that looked like blood. We checked in and checked out 20 minutes later. We went to Comfort Suites which was well worth our time.

Room Tip: There was nothing great about this motel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hillsboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I booked this hotel based on "New Non-Smoking". The managing family is the problem with this hotel. They have cut corners on EVERYTHING. We had a problems each evening with our keys not allowing us into the room. One night it took two trips to the front desk to get a key that worked. The breakfast was not well managed at all, when something ran out, it was not replaced. Not enough tables and chairs and this is a new property that had very few rooms occupied. I don't think the elevator was vacuumed the 4 nights we stayed there. One day the housekeeper (I think the manager was also the housekeeper) left 1 pack of coffee, no condiments, and one coffee cup for two of us in the room. The lampshades were knocked sideways every day. That isn't really a big issue but shows the level of care. There was 1 small shampoo and soap left. I left a note asking for body lotion but received conditioner instead the next day. When I mentioned this to the manager he said I should have asked at the front desk. They never did leave body lotion in the room but I did get some from the front desk. Why not leave shampoo, lotion, soap, and conditioner each day? We had booked a room with a refrig and micorwave but were given one without. I had to argue and insist before we were given another room even though I had the printout of our reservation. The manager really wanted to argue about it and kept asking who was going to pay the difference!! I could pick up a clear internet connection from the Quality Inn next door (but didn't have the code) but had very limited internet access while I stayed the 4 nights. All in all the manager is trying to skimp and does not understand the business of hospitality. Days Inn should revisit this site and demand improvement.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Fullmoonsun
Joliet, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We hadn't planned to spend a night in Jeffersonville, but due to a last minute change in vacation plans we had to spend the night. I wish I would have had access to the Trip Advisor reviews first. This Days Inn was one of the hotels identified on our GPS. Since we called ahead and they told us they had a non-smoking room, the rate seemed reasonable, and it had easy access to the highway we decided to head there. The first "warning signs" were the graffitti covered empty restaurant and almost empty parking lot. The room we were given was identified as a non-smoking room, however, it still smelled like smoke. It also seemed to smell like animal urine. The carpet felt dirty and everything looked dingy. Dust was hanging down from the ceiling. If it hadn't been close to midnight and we only needed a place to rest for 8 hours we would have left. I immediately wiped down every surface in site with disenfectant cloths. The next morning one of my children told her sister to wash her feet as they were all brown on the bottom. My daughter had just taken a shower 15 minutes before and had walked around the room barefoot while getting ready. After that all we wanted to do was get out as soon as possible. I observed that as we packed up to leave they were "cleaning" the rooms, howver I never saw the vacuum cleaner come off the cart. The person I observed was using a broom to clean the carpet. If this hotel is representative of typical Days Inn hotels/motels we won't be visiting anything from this chain in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank travelincarls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 10 in Jeffersonville
3.5 of 5 stars 68 reviews
Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louis...
#4 of 10 in Jeffersonville
3.5 of 5 stars 88 reviews
BEST WESTERN Green Tree Inn
BEST WESTERN Green Tree Inn
#2 of 8 in Clarksville
4.0 of 5 stars 281 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!